Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks decent enough for me. Not day 1 purchase, but probably worth a shot at $20, like I did with The Witcher 3.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another big part of your character in the pen and paper game is the danger of developing cyberpsychosis, which is referenced in the demo. Is it a gameplay mechanic in 2077?

Weber: So I can definitely say it will be part of the world, part of the story... but as for how it will affect the player, I can't really say. In Cyberpunk 2020 it was a gameplay system and if you used too much cyberwear you could get cyberpsychosis which would essentially be Game Over for you. It can't really work like that in our game because it would be too frustrating if it was just 'Game Over'.

ahh yes... we can't have game overs in a video game... :negative:

LITERAL POPAMOLE CASUAL SHIT MADE FOR BRAINLETS WHO CAN'T THINK AND CAN'T HANDLE FAILING
LITERAL FUCKING DECLINE.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would have appreciated seeing those choices and how much of a role-playing game it is apparently actually be displayed, rather than mindlessly repeated like a mantra. Would it be so difficult or spoiling if they cut to two or four screens showcasing how a different build could break out of the locked room or experience a dialogue moment differently?

I mean it would be pretty difficult to add in something that doesn't exist. People often praised the "C&C" of Witcher 3 which resulted in a line omission or 3 extra seconds of a cutscene. CDPR is filth.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Hehe, I knew coming here I would see a ton of hate. Never change, 'dex :)

The twitch version was horribly compressed, but the 4K youtube version looks pristine and the game looks amazing. Some stuff is work in progress, but if they can pull off the level of detail shown across the whole game, it could be something else.
Most importantly though, I will finally get a proper cyberpunk game. Fucking Finally.

I mean it would be pretty difficult to add in something that doesn't exist. People often praised the "C&C" of Witcher 3 which resulted in a line omission or 3 extra seconds of a cutscene. CDPR is filth.

This is just..not true. There were quite a lot of decisions that had big ramifications to the point of not seeing an hour of gameplay and cutscenes at times.

OK.
The most important question of them all.

Can you see the protagonist's legs??

Yeah, this they confirmed.

RepHope

Savant
Looks good, if the stuff shown actually ends up in the final product I would definitely buy the game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I liked the Maelstrom gang char design. And "No Future" is kinda nostalgic, it almost feels like a historical game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm kind of expecting this to be like a cyberpunk VtMB, shit combat et al.
I haven't watched the gameplay yet, would my assumption hold true?
Combat looks decent. It is basically cyberpunk GTA V. Doesn't really appear like a true role playing game, just LARPs as one for cred.

Squid

Arbiter
I'll say I was definitely on the fence about this game, this new footage made me feel a little more hopeful but I'm definitely not convinced to get it yet.

Definitely still not sold.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
Is this standard practice? CD Projekt Red do the stream and let anyone repost the full video on youtube or wherever.

So loads of YouTubers are posted the full video, hotly anticipated, on their channels with advertisements on. Tens of thousands views, with content they didn't have to create, and getting advertisement revenue for it. Almost seems like a backhander. Of course, nothing has been said between the parties, but I now wonder about the objectivity of these channels.

Maybe this is normal. But I don't think supposed game critics should be getting money in this way.

epeli

Arcane
So, the code before the gameplay video. iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAA and so on. I could recognize that header anywhere... It's a base64-encoded PNG file. I decoded just enough of it to check the PNG image's header data. IHDR shows it's 1920x1080, bit depth 8, color space RGB, not interlaced. No other header chunks before IDAT.

Just leaving this here before someone runs OCR through the entire videostream and reconstructs the image. My autism level isn't high enough for that.

Aim1ess

Novice
The dialogue is terrible, I can't stand that frijolero.
"The bot - take it", who the fuck talks like that?

Visuals look good enough, though.

EIDT: An autoaiming gun? D E C L I N E

Make tough combat and the Codex complains about how its my character and he could do it. Make Combat a cakewalk if your prepared and its mechanically too easy. You can't win with the 'dex.

I agree about the dialogue though, ultra generic for both V and Esse, I mean Jackie. What remains to be seen, though, is if its relatively generic because they did do all of the branching paths that they keep hinting at or just because it is what it is.

bataille

Arcane
I really want to believe!

I'll probably give it a go just on the grounds of its design, which the potatoes've proven to be worthwhile already.

I also wonder whether that sidekick is fucking invincible.

You_may_not_have_parents_but_at_least_you_got__4427f3dea2c6ba880479abe5d36c9b4f.jpg

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Eh looks okay, reminds me of E.Y.E for some reason.
Bwhahahahah, no. E.Y.Es combat is more exciting with more creative means to kill than threads subject. Closer to RPG, too. Although they both :happytrollboy: , which is a great shame for people who didn't invest into REF stat IRL.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom