Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/...o-distribute-cyberpunk-2077-in-north-america/

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment To Distribute Cyberpunk 2077 in North America

And as for Euros (except CDPR's territory), it's also the same as Witcher 2, 3, Bandai Namco: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/...-cyberpunk-2077-in-selected-european-markets/

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe to distribute Cyberpunk 2077 in selected European markets

October 16, 2018

cp2077_cover_preview-1.png

CD PROJEKT RED, creator and publisher of The Witcher series of games, and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe are excited to announce their partnership to distribute Cyberpunk 2077 in 24 European countries.

“Our current distribution partnership with BANDAI NAMCO is built on the strong foundation and trust developed during our previous projects,” said Michal Nowakowski, CD PROJEKT’s Member of the Board and SVP of Business Development. “We’ve successfully cooperated on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and I’m convinced BANDAI NAMCO will take good care of Cyberpunk 2077.”

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of Cyberpunk 2077 in Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Malta, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.

“CD PROJEKT RED has become, in just a few years, one of the leading studios in this sector with a truly innovative approach to each game and we are both proud and excited to confirm that we’ll be part of the Cyberpunk 2077 project,” said Alberto González Lorca, VP Southern Europe & Biz Dev of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe. “We’re looking forward to working once again with CD PROJEKT RED and distribute another of its games in Europe, providing first-class services to one of the most eagerly awaited games of the coming years.”

Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open-world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. The game follows the story of V, a mercenary on the rise in a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers. Featuring CD PROJEKT RED’s hallmark concept of choices and consequences, players will face difficult decisions that ripple through the entire game. Winner of over 100 awards at E3 2018, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the universe of the classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I have no idea why they're not self-publishing yet. Larian can do it, why not CDPR? Unless consoles are the sticking point... because Bamco also published DOS2 on consoles now that I think about it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, it's more about physical distribution and local marketing. CDPR did digital distribution of Witcher 3 themselves including consoles, Cyberpunk would be the same.

Gerrard

Arcane
According to received notification, on 17 October 2018, Mr. Michał
Nowakowski – Board Member of the Company sold 63,499 shares of Company
stock on the regulated market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange. The average
price per share was 165,74 PLN.
:hero:
Everything's fine.
1 day before that the talks in Sapkowski's case took place. Coincidence?
E: to add to the above coincidence, the value was almost 200PLN 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You are V.
This means the game is player centric and not character centring pretty idiotic choice for a game based on a pen and paper rpg.

Quillon

Arcane
I think that they should've allowed us to make our own character like the PnP. Otherwise this game is just Deus Ex: HR but with driving.

Not that far, Adam Jensen is too predefined; set gender, looks, backstory etc. V can still be flexible in those regards. I also prefer blank-slate protags when developers know how well they can support/react to the range of things a blank-slate character can be throughout the game and limit that range of things he/she can be accordingly. V is a compromise in between for their story-telling purposes.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

According with cd projekt red V is just as defined as geralt you can see it in the gameplay demo too the only difference is you can change gender a customize a little ((with presets)) the appearance. On top of that your character has also a set age. So yes what they told in the interview is an half truth. Even the system of progrettion of the game not only has nothing to do with cyberpunk ((leveled ennemies in cyberpunk?)) But there will be also lack of social skill.

So in the end this game of cyberpunk has only the visual style for the rest it plays like an ordinary FPS with multiple choices and quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

This game will be just another themepark shooter with quests and narrative with a collab of features taken by other shooters.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"V" sounds terribly impersonal, and makes me hope for more freedom in characterization coming from the player. But I'm probably wrong and the point of "V" is just that they can record male and female VO for half the price :)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

"V" sounds terribly impersonal, and makes me hope for more freedom in characterization coming from the player. But I'm probably wrong and the point of "V" is just that they can record male and female VO for half the price :)
Judging by the demo there is no much room for charaterization all you have is the freedom to chose gender and mix and match with presets to obtain a personal look with all the limitations this bring. But V is indeed very defined. Set age.Set manner to interact with the world. Just like Geralt but unlike Geralt you can chose to have a penis or a vagina.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I disagree, I much prefer the quality of having a somewhat fixed protagonist, in terms of character, voice work, dialogue and quest design. Having a blank slate means having bland world.

Blank characters are for customization fags. People who love to spend the first 10 hours playing with beards, hair and pimples. Despicable creatures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom