Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Celeste - a 2D isometric, tactical turn-based, steampunk cRPG

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited by a moderator:

Zetor

Arcane
Art looks nice, but that's about it. Wtf is with the weird emphasis on voice acting in a tactical RPG? If anything, the 'gameplay' section should be 3x-4x longer.

Also, if you're making a KS and are not a native speaker, please at least get someone to proofread the thing for you. Or hell, just use a spellchecker.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Also to note that I cant see the videos atm, I just read the pitch in a hurry basically

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Tactical, Turn-based and Steam punk? It's like the guy is literately making a game specifically for the Codex.

Unfortunately, when you are some new Developer, you can make all these great promises, but you need to show me a demo. I need to at least know if you can possibly deliver.

I would more than likely back this if they had at least some form of combat demo.

Maybe if they end up doing an early access or something I might be interested in it then.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Nice aesthetic (sort of a euro-comic look I'd say) and some good high level promises, but there's not a lot to really show here and some of the priorities are way out of wack. Voice Acting should be the last thing you bring up when going for a tactical game. Especially when the demo footage is so sparse, there's not a lot actually implemented yet. Still I hope to be proven wrong in a few years by the guy, but for now I won't back it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So they make simple graphics, show nothing and ask for too much and obviously plan to spend most of it on shit useless stuff like VO.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
And btw we're takling for about 55k dollars, which not too much to be honest. I guess the VO guys will get most of the budget indeed :P

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
Relevant (Google translate):

Creates own computer games

Published: January 12, 2017 at. 11:44

Now he hopes that someone will help to finance the project.

Computer games Dream: - Computer games is what I have spent the most time on in life, says Marius Sveberg from Tyssedal. Now he develops his own game.

TYSSEDAL Marius Sveberg from Tyssedal has already spent hundreds of thousands of his own money to make computer games project attractive to investors.

- Then you have to have some faith in it?

- Yes. It gets that way when working with such talented people, one gets constantly renewed confidence in the project. And so we are many who want this to go, he said.

Marius has since October been working only with pre-production of the computer game Celeste. He previously worked as a process operator at TTI.

- It was a hobby project that I decided to bet on. Now we'll see how it goes, 'he says.

Marius not work alone, but is coordinating a number of helpers worldwide. Including an "art director" in the US, composers from Sweden and Bulgaria, not to mention the Bulgarian National Opera he has hired in May to record music to the game.

- How does one voted to hire a Bulgarian orchestra?

- It was actually surprisingly easy, and not as expensive as one might think, laugh Magnus.

HAND PAINTED: Surroundings in the computer game Celeste is hand painted. Here is a picture from the presentation.

Although he has as he himself says no formal education in game development, but can enough about the different aspects that he can coordinate and put together what it takes.

- Data development and usability has come so far that it is not as challenging anymore.

He is optimistic to get funded game through since "Kickstarter", as there are so many who dare to initiate the production of a game in just the genre they are doing, because it is such a big job.

- It's an RPG, where you can walk around and explore the world, talking to people, and in addition there are some matches. The surroundings are hand-painted, and the game is based on board games, thus it is a dice system, he explains.

He has mixed in various cultures, including Norse and Bulgarian mythology, as well as fantasy, monsters and inspiration from 16-1700 century.

Voice Actors are also hired, and here Marius even got hold of Udo Kier, who has appeared in several Hollywood films, and is known from Blade and Ace Ventura.

The game will be posted on Kickstarter February 1, and is then also open for advance bookings.

- The plan is to be fully completed in February next year, says Magnus.

This story is from Hardanger Folkeblad.

Highlights:

Although he has as he himself says no formal education in game development, but can enough about the different aspects that he can coordinate and put together what it takes.

- Data development and usability has come so far that it is not as challenging anymore.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
First 10 seconds of KS video is the character walking up and down stairs causing the camera to jitter like crazy.
Nice.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
This is a dead Kickstarter walking. Just as well, since it looks like shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom