Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Chaos Chronicles forums now live on the Codex

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The bizarro world scenario of this situation right is off the charts. From loathed, to loved. From stoned, to embraced. Let none say that Codex is a beast incapable of compassion and camaraderie.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Overboard

Arcane
I guess we all now know the answer to what can change the nature of the Codex.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Which developer wants to be officially connected to the Codex? I admire their balls but this will not end well, at all :lol:
What about the inXile Torment crew posting here ?
A couple of devs posting here is something else then hosting your official forum. I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating, but they can lose some sales. Because, let's face it, people fucking hate us :smug:

And I want these guys to do as well as possible, because it seems like it can become an awesome game.
Fair enough, but I do also think that they gain sales through exposure at the Codex as well, I recall some people not having seen the CC thread until there was a newspost about the game.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, they likely got exposed to a purchase from me, so all's good.

Now, the real question is, how is DU going to monetize this?

Is Taluntain working on a content delivery system to rival Steam and Origin? Kodexian Kontent Klient, is it?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I had no experiences of RPGCodex what-so-ever, but now I must say that I am truely disappointed, and were I softer, I would be quite offended.
I mean, I made an account, just for the sake of joining the conversation, but when the first thing you get in “Alerts” is:
“You have been awarded a trophy: TITS or GTFO (You knew this was coming eventually, so let’s get it over with now.)”
I start wondering, just who do I have to shoot? (May I please shoot them?)
-disclaimer: I will probably never get to shoot anyone… sadly.

My apologies for double-posting, allow me to make my opinion clearer:
I am not offended or insulted, but I am disappointed, terribly so. Sure, I understand internet humour and all, but when we go that low.. well, there’s no coming back. And considering it’s meant to be “official forums” for you, this is quite bad.

:hero:

Angthoron

Arcane
And the poor, gentle soul hasn't even scrolled down to GD yet.

Though to be honest, I, too, am appalled at the presence of achievements on this board.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
I had no experiences of RPGCodex what-so-ever, but now I must say that I am truely disappointed, and were I softer, I would be quite offended.
I mean, I made an account, just for the sake of joining the conversation, but when the first thing you get in “Alerts” is:
“You have been awarded a trophy: TITS or GTFO (You knew this was coming eventually, so let’s get it over with now.)”

I am not offended or insulted, but I am disappointed, terribly so. Sure, I understand internet humour and all, but when we go that low.. well, there’s no coming back. And considering it’s meant to be “official forums” for you, this is quite bad.

Yeah, the welcome message for new female members could need an, ehmmm, update?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

What do you suggest?

Angthoron

Arcane
Just don't give new members achievements, add them retroactively after a year of membership, by which point they'll be desensitized enough.

Hegel

Arcane
Why is that sexist? Don't men have tits and pectorals as well? Need I remind you we have a flowery tranny community and they might enjoy manboobs?

Jashiin

Arcane
Changing codex messages to suit butthurt customers ? :decline:

You knew what you were getting into hobgoblin.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Ugh, not sure why you decided to have a dump like rpg codex host your forums. Very Unprofessional. Just read the “greeting” message at the top when you click to enter the forum. This is a place well known for being full of juvenile and idiotic trash talking. I must say my anticipation for this game just went down a notch, when I see this type of decision.
It's a wonder no-one's commented on the
race_title.png
thing yet. :lol:

Jashiin

Arcane
It doesn't make sense to change it at all. The moment CC got in bed with the codex conflicts like this were inevitable. It's like a woman trying to change the guy once they've established a relationship. Choices and Consequences.

garren

Arcane
Patron
The codex banner on top of the page could use some updating. I mean half the buttons do nothing. The ads and donate button look tacked on and ugly. Since we now host CC forums too we should, you know, look more professional. I've always hated the look of the button row anyway. Tacticular Cancer looks much more professional.

DU still faffing around in minecraft or something? :rpgcodex:

MCA

Hey hey hey. If you are uncomfortable with the native hostility of Codex, you can always GTFO. A lot of us love what you're doing and find it lovely that you have chosen to reside here but there's a limit to how accepting we can be. Don't be that gal.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
No streamlining for mass appeal! : x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom