Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Chaos Chronicles forums now live on the Codex

Jashiin

Arcane
The codex banner on top of the page could use some updating. I mean half the buttons do nothing. The ads and donate button look tacked on and ugly. Since we now host CC forums too we should, you know, look more professional. I've always hated the look of the button row anyway. Tacticular Cancer looks much more professional.

DU still faffing around in minecraft or something? :rpgcodex:

More professional :lol:

Let's ban cursewords while we are at it. And those Jewish emoticons omg.. needs to go. And GD should be closed. Highly unprofessional. Better yet, fuck the codex, let's just host official game forums here and lose the rest.

If you want to grease your asshole at the first oppertunity to get buttfucked have at it, don't expect the rest to bend over as easily.

MCA
Also, CC will likely bring extra traffic to Codex, which we are paying to keep afloat. We are essentially giving the CC team a free ride. I thought no more free rides, no? You guys better give the Codex a good number of free copies of the game.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
I just don't want to lose female members of our community before they've even visited our forums - that's all. But if mature greeting texts like 'TITS or GTFO' are essential parts of the native culture here, we have to go without those women who feel offended by this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I support anything that keeps CC-playing losers out of this forum. :smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Let's ban cursewords while we are at it. And those Jewish emoticons omg.. needs to go. And GD should be closed. Highly unprofessional. Better yet, fuck the codex, let's just host official game forums here and lose the rest.

If you want to grease your asshole at the first oppertunity to get buttfucked have at it, don't expect the rest to bend over as easily.

You're being too edgy, newfag. :smug:

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Yeah, the welcome message for new female members could need an, ehmmm, update?

What do you suggest?

I have no idea, but currently there is a big discussion about anti-feminism in the game industry. I am also aware of the fact that our future customers are probably 98% male (1% female, 1% roquey) , but I would really embrace any new female gamer in our community.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I had no experiences of RPGCodex what-so-ever, but now I must say that I am truely disappointed, and were I softer, I would be quite offended.
I mean, I made an account, just for the sake of joining the conversation, but when the first thing you get in “Alerts” is:
“You have been awarded a trophy: TITS or GTFO (You knew this was coming eventually, so let’s get it over with now.)”
I start wondering, just who do I have to shoot? (May I please shoot them?)
-disclaimer: I will probably never get to shoot anyone… sadly.

My apologies for double-posting, allow me to make my opinion clearer:
I am not offended or insulted, but I am disappointed, terribly so. Sure, I understand internet humour and all, but when we go that low.. well, there’s no coming back. And considering it’s meant to be “official forums” for you, this is quite bad.

Yeah, the welcome message for new female members could need an, ehmmm, update?

Mate, you knew what you were getting into when you signed up here. There's going to be a lot more of this, a lot more thin-skinned people are going to throw tantrums and outbursts like this when they visit here or find out you're hosted here. The Codex isn't going to change because of your subforum. Today it's that message, tomorrow it's because someone called her a cunt in a PM. We could change that message, but it won't change anything. The most controversial thing we have here are the members, and they're not going to be more moderated than they are.

The smilies and all that jazz send a clear-cut message of what kind of people to expect here, so odds are: they can't deal with that shit, they won't be able to deal with the 'dex period.

Monty

Arcane
Those who don't log out as soon as their delicate sensibilities come into contact with a 'TITS or GTFO' award will soon discover that everyone is mocked here, and (most of) it is relatively good natured.

These days many sites are bland politically-correct environments where everyone is ready to take offense at any opportunity, I think that's why some find this place so refreshing. I've seen far worse homophobia and racism on sites where you can't lace an ironic post with 'artistic masterpieces' such as:

:codexisfor: or :flamesaw:

kaizoku

Arcane

It looks there will be tasteful rape after all.

I just don't want to lose female members of our community before they've even visited our forums - that's all. But if mature greeting texts like 'TITS or GTFO' are essential parts of the native culture here, we have to go without those women who feel offended by this.

:salute:

Really, 'tits or gtfo' is a pretty old meme. And it's practically a minimum threshold for sense of humor.

I can see several things on the codex being offensive. (like the above joke)
But really, this one... just requires a little bit of sense of humor.

OTOH, (Vince being ok with it) moving to ITS provides safer plains.
Nobody would hold a grudge about it. (if they did, they're too soft)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I understand internet humour and all

How do you understand humor when you have no sense of one?

I'm sorry, bro. But what the fuck did you think you were getting into here?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer

All this is just about the sign on the door that says "Show your tits or stay away" for new female members. There is no way (and plans) to change the eternal anarchy and madness inside the codex, but at least the first message to those innocent souls could be a little bit ... friendlier.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
IT'S A FUCKING JOKE.

A dumb, juvenile joke making fun of dumb, juvenile jokes. Lighten up, tell your fans to lighten up. The end. Christ.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

All this is just about the sign on the door that says "Show your tits or stay away" for new female members. There is no way (and plans) to change the eternal anarchy and madness inside the codex, but at least the first message to those innocent souls could be a little bit ... friendlier.

We could negotiate about slightly modifying the message in order to not scare off female users.

Would "Depictions of thine bosoms are requested ere ye enter. Thou didst expect that, didst thou not?" be adequate?

garren

Arcane
Patron
The codex banner on top of the page could use some updating. I mean half the buttons do nothing. The ads and donate button look tacked on and ugly. Since we now host CC forums too we should, you know, look more professional. I've always hated the look of the button row anyway. Tacticular Cancer looks much more professional.

DU still faffing around in minecraft or something? :rpgcodex:

The codex culture is fine as it is, did I say otherwise? I don't think it's too much to ask for a nicer looking codex though. The top banner and assorted buttons have been an unmaintained clusterfuck for a long time. Ever since the switch to XenForo they've looked out of place, imo.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The joke even explains itself. 'You knew it was coming'. I feel like it's a little bit misrepresenting these days because 'TITS or GTFO' seemed more of a thing back during Black Cat's earlier days, but if you can't snigger, or even simply roll your eyes and move on from a juvenile prod in the arm that's against the site itself, more than anything, then that's kind of sad.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
I support anything that keeps CC-playing losers out of this forum. :smug:

Why are you so butthurt against CC, Roguey? Did Germans gas your grandparents or something?

It has no Sawyer.

Also, HG, while some of your fans may be uptight, humorless dingbats...they are right that moving here was "unprofessional" so you might as well jump ship or accept it, warts and all.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Today it's a sign. Tomorrow it's males harassing those female members. In a week it will be members frothing at their mouthes to tell you how much the game sucks. In a month it will be potential customers discovering the Politics forum, complete with insane racism.

TITS or GTFO is about the most lame, non-offensive, trivial shit a user is bound to run into here. Their skin is to thin for that, their skin will be to thin to ever exist here. And you knew this.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tomorrow's news:

Chaos Chronicles forums no more live on the Codex

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom