Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Chaos Chronicles forums now live on the Codex

thesoup

Arcane
Indeed, "TITS or GTFO" is a bit too low brow for Codex. Come up with something smarter.

And more sexist.
I agree completely. TITS OR GTFO is too 4chan and too old. It needs something more codexian. Something like Tasteful Rape™.

zeitgeist

Magister
Also, HG, while some of your fans may be uptight, humorless dingbats...they are right that moving here was "unprofessional" so you might as well jump ship or accept it, warts and all.
But where would they go? Who else on the entire internet is desperate enough for a new turn-based "cRPG", any new turn-based "cRPG", to accept new work from the authors of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action (who have a record of lying to their customers and valuing money over anything else, especially making a quality game) with open arms like Codex did?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I agree that TITS of GTFO is retarded and not even codexian, but gotta say I am having a hard time thinking on another joke that people wound't be offended by...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I had no experiences of RPGCodex what-so-ever, but now I must say that I am truely disappointed, and were I softer, I would be quite offended.
I mean, I made an account, just for the sake of joining the conversation, but when the first thing you get in “Alerts” is:
“You have been awarded a trophy: TITS or GTFO (You knew this was coming eventually, so let’s get it over with now.)”
I start wondering, just who do I have to shoot? (May I please shoot them?)
-disclaimer: I will probably never get to shoot anyone… sadly.

My apologies for double-posting, allow me to make my opinion clearer:
I am not offended or insulted, but I am disappointed, terribly so. Sure, I understand internet humour and all, but when we go that low.. well, there’s no coming back. And considering it’s meant to be “official forums” for you, this is quite bad.

:hero:
They're so offended they're making death threats against us.

That's... joyfully offensive.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Welcome to RPG Codex, "The official social network for computer role players."

-or-

Welcome to RPG Codex, "Twitter or twat."

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
So murdering people is less offensive than TITS's or GTFO?

Y'know, it is actually funny how disproportionate the reaction is since that achievement is simply an acknowledgement of the inevitable: If you're here, somebody is eventually going to say something offensive. Either to you or just in general. The tone of the joke is like a tired, old veteran saying "Ok, kid...might as well get this over with..." while also poking fun at ourselves or forum cultures et. al.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Welcome to RPG Codex. We fail the Bechdel test.
...that makes no sense.

HobGoblin April 10th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Sil: based on your (justified) criticism, there have been made changes – this alert will not be displayed to new members anymore
Care to comment on this? Are we negotiating with terrorists now?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well so far there is just ONE person complaining (and a person that advocates the murder of people). Mountains out Mole Hills etc...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The real problem here is that TITS or GTFO could only offend a woman. We need a greeting that's equally offensive to men and trannies.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
The real problem here is that TITS or GTFO could only offend a woman. We need a greeting that's equally offensive to men and trannies.
Exactly, it's not about TITS in general, all mammals, male or female, love a good pair of them. But at the dawn of gender independent gaming, women/girls could be pissed by getting reduced to this particular attribute when entering a gaming forum.

Discriminating people of all genders and perversions would be an alternative solution as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ The Codex is not about equal treatment or being equally offensive. I'm pretty involved in the fight for gender equality myself, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pull that fight into how the Codex is managed.

Welcome to RPG Codex. We fail the Bechdel test.
...that makes no sense.

HobGoblin April 10th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Sil: based on your (justified) criticism, there have been made changes – this alert will not be displayed to new members anymore

:decline:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exactly, it's not about TITS in general, all mammals, male or female, love a good pair of them. But at the dawn of gender independent gaming, women/girls could be pissed by getting reduced to this particular attribute when entering a gaming forum.

Discriminating people of all genders and perversions would be an alternative solution as well.
A simple GTFO would suffice in that case. Or Jaesun quoting your join date and being all fuck off newfag, that would work even better.

Monty

Arcane

:killit:

First day on the Codex for their forums and already changes are being made to accommodate them? Clearly this isn't a good fit. Maybe the Watch would be a more suitable host.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Replace "Tits or GTFO" achievement for selecting female gender with "What is your bra size?". Problem solved :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom