Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.chefvideogame.com/

From Inner Void Interactive, makers of post-apocalypse RPG "ICY", comes a tycoon game about building and managing a restaurant.

The game released today in Steam Early Access.

I haven't tried it and I don't know much about it, but I like what I see so far and hope to try the game.

From the ICY thread, some interesting background to this title:
While we are now developing a tycoon game, our intention is to go back to RPGs sooner or later, being the genre our favorite. We actually developed most of the structure of our tycoon game keeping in mind that in the future it could be adapted to support a RPG, and if it manages to sell decently we will start pre-producing a RPG while we'll deliver the final version of Chef.

Personally I love the idea of a full RPG with robust base management, so I'm interested in Chef as a stepping stone of sorts.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried all the restaurant business games so far.... and they all disappointed.
My motivation to be disappointed again is very low.

oscar

Arcane
Sounds glitchy as hell right now from the reviews but will definitely give it a spin when things are a bit more stable.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two years later, game is out of Early Access.

Congrats OwNathan.

No new trailer, hard to immediately know what has evolved since 2018. There have been a ton of updates in the meantime. Not sure if bathrooms were ever implemented.

EDIT: From dev stream

OwNathan : Yes, people will still have to go inside their mind bathrooms

Zombra :
d4_strange

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
This game is pretty damn fun. The recipe creator system is genius too (though if you have even a basic notion of cooking and seasoning you can make recipes that blow the preset ones out of the water without costing much more to produce).

It's surprisingly funny too and the customer class system was an excellent idea that gives you quite a few ways to steer your restaurant (it's fully valid to be a greasy in-and-out working class hamburger joint or a sophisticated upscale fine-dining experience) with decor and marketing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom