Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Vatnik Wumao
If that friend of Avellone's was talking out of her ass, she would have been hit with a defamation suit by now. Alcoholism and in particular drug abuse allegations can damage someone's career. The fact that Avellone has chosen not to do anything speaks volumes.
Nobody is going to curt because a random nobody talks shit about you on twatter. Especially since everybody but the Codex already forget that there was a tweet like that. Do you see anyone but you guys talking about it?

Vic, that anime VA certainly cares. He is suing funimation and a bunch of other VAs over allegations against him made on twatter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If that friend of Avellone's was talking out of her ass, she would have been hit with a defamation suit by now. Alcoholism and in particular drug abuse allegations can damage someone's career. The fact that Avellone has chosen not to do anything speaks volumes.
Nobody is going to curt because a random nobody talks shit about you on twatter. Especially since everybody but the Codex already forget that there was a tweet like that. Do you see anyone but you guys talking about it?

Vic, that anime VA certainly cares. He is suing funimation and a bunch of other VAs over allegations against him made on twatter.
As I read about it, the main problem is not the tweet in his case, but the sexual harrasment accusations which made him lose his job on several projects. So there were consequences for those tweets. In MCA's case, nobody cared about them. I bet if MCA lost his job because of a tweet like that, he would sue. But right now, he is just probably saying "meh".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Legal threats behind the scenes possibly resulted in the posts being deleted. :P

Flou

Arbiter
Without evidence, we shouldn't be magnifying rumors of this kind. It's unethical.

Like back when Avellone was posting shit about "The Upper Management"? :D

There's definately some truth to that Reddit post. For example at the time Avellone was working on pretty much every damn Kickstarter game that would just hire him.

Excuses Excuses. you click your own selfie in a dark room and see your pupil in ur shot. It won't be dilated.

Yeah, that's because you were just staring at your phone screen. I'd think that would be obvious, but I suppose you have that tag under your name for a reason.

Cope over 9000.

The junkie known as Chris Avellone cannot into writing anymore for over a decade.

And here you still keep on making excuses.

Prime Junta

There was an article in some RPG rag about orcish first aid. This was in it. Along with stuff about maggots and gangrene.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
#BulgarianLifeProTips
Not even Bulgarian,it is some basic education,i do know it is pretty out there concept for glorious americans.

But what do you do if the wound is on your dick? Ask a friend to urinate on it?
Piss in your hand and splash it over?! Also i will somehow live with it,if a friend have to piss on me,while getting a fucking infection in the middle of nowhere would most likely finish me.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What if you were stuck out in the middle of nowhere with MCA, you were suffering withdrawal symptoms before the onset of a throat infection, and MCA had taken all the drugs?.

...I stop reading this thread for a few days...

ZeniBot

Cipher

His unwillingness to shit on Bethesda even after what they pulled with Fallout 76 makes me really fucking question what the fuck he's doing and him suggesting Fallout should be multiplayer being inevitable I mean come the fuck on dude. Even when Interplay was doing it you knew it was a bad idea. Even when Micro Forte in Australia did it with Fallout Tactics you knew it was a bad idea. Obvious to me he's lost his fucking mind. Todd is not your friend Chris. Throw the fucker under the bus and be done with it. Stop defending Todd's bullshit.

Vatnik Wumao
Avellone's just trying to make a living man. Trying to get a permanent position with a major dev instead of scratching a living doing contract work. And if pimping out Fallout as a multiplayer game is what it takes to make it happen, then that is what it takes.

ZeniBot

Cipher
He seems to think that the press are angry about the lack of early access to Bethesda's titles but tbh that's no the reason why. The reason is because their game was shit. That's it. Their game was shit. Everyone knew it was shit. Todd lied too much and people called it the fuck out. This idea that Chris said as in that Bethesda "took a new direction to PR" like come the fuck on, if Bethesda hadn't shit the bed with how bad that game came out as then it would've been fine, remember the hype train was still in full swing with Fallout 76 it only derailed when the game launched so Chris' excuse is straight up bullshit, the game flopped because it was a bad game. It had nothing to do with Bethesda's bullshit Review Code embargo. The only reason he's saying this is because he wants to blame that policy for why Prey failed- that is a completely different thing and has more to do with Bethesda being a shit publisher.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus Christ, guys. Chris loves Fallout. He probably would like to work on Fallout again at some point in his life. Bethesda owns the IP. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

You rarely see him criticizing anyone aside from Obsidian, in part because he knows he never wants to work with Obsidian again. With every other developer, well, you don’t shit where you might want to eat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom