Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Beastro

Arcane
ITT Chris is Zardoz

Neanderthal

Arcane
MCA does some really quality vulgar stuff at times, and that's a rare thing in this age of Joss Whedon squeeing and Tumbler retard cutesiness, where everybody speaks and writes in exactly the same juvenile fashion.

Nah the modern trend on QA is that it is a waste of money as it is categorized as necessary but non-value added activities. It is incredibly hard to have career on QA, no matter the product the corporation is making, including program/games.

The biggest productivity some companies do is minimizing amount of QA personnel and QA activities within acceptable quality on end-product.

I am in general agreement with your statement. The typical mentality is that you hire as cheaply as possible, and that leadership coupled with procedures can overcome all. This is a horrible mentality. Everything has become far more technically complex than 30 years ago. Design, systems, tolerances, standards, codes, proof, you name it. It's just not working well. The main reason why every project goes over budget and past schedule is because a large portion of the work gets built and redone at least once. It's as often because of foreseeable design changes that didn't occur because there wasn't much design review, or detail review, as it is from poor craftsmanship.

This is where I make a very good living. People hire me to lead 3rd party QA on very expensive projects. Problems are typically the same. People spend a dollar trying to save a dime. The worst of their problems would be almost entirely avoided if they were more in touch with reality and actually hired QA personnel.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
But it doesn't look good either way. Either he's becoming an SJW and is losing his humorous side, or he's lying to be PC. Integrity going down the drain. Shame!
Where did you get the idea that SJWs don't make dick jokes?
muh evil patriarchy

might be making jokes about how good your dick would look on a girl grill

eat the rich!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
The main reason why every project goes over budget and past schedule is because a large portion of the work gets built and redone at least once. It's as often because of foreseeable design changes that didn't occur because there wasn't much design review, or detail review, as it is from poor craftsmanship.
you forgot my favorite (as both my design and craftsmanship are beyond reproach): the fuckers who ordered the project did not define exactly what they want, or they changed their mind after 6 months of implementation

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Dick jokes in Old World Blues were totally fine TBH, as they were uttered by utterly neurotic messes that had the pretention of leaving their body behind.
Granted this didn't mark a high point of the global history of wit, but they were FINE, and well worth a chuckle.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
The main reason why every project goes over budget and past schedule is because a large portion of the work gets built and redone at least once. It's as often because of foreseeable design changes that didn't occur because there wasn't much design review, or detail review, as it is from poor craftsmanship.
you forgot my favorite (as both my design and craftsmanship are beyond reproach): the fuckers who ordered the project did not define exactly what they want, or they changed their mind after 6 months of implementation
Old Days: Design then build.
New Way: Build then design.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

That's just human nature. Can't fight it - learn to expect it and deal with it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So he joined the sjw team then lol. A game about killing Christians under the guise that it is muh cult. I doubt that there are any islamic,shinto,tao,buddist or hindu cults in it.

Also here is a snip-it from that great writing,it is literally the first dialogue that i saw in the first 5 minutes of some random playtrough :).

5fYMWHI.jpg

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
So he joined the sjw team then lol. A game about killing Christians under the guise that it is muh cult. I doubt that there are any islamic,shinto,tao,buddist or hindu cults in it.
I think you should look up Jonestown to get a better idea of what this game is about before continuing to talk about it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think you should look up Jonestown to get a better idea of what this game is about before continuing to talk about it.
he don't get all those tags for no reason bruh. just think fanta as your funny but extremely racist and adorably close minded uncle that gets drunk every tuesday and thursday.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
he don't get all those tags for no reason bruh. just think fanta as your funny but extremely racist and adorably close minded uncle that gets drunk every tuesday and thursday.
Most Americans don't know or have forgotten about it so it's no surprise some random Balkan dude doesn't know either.
Underneath the broken English he has a point about devs defaulting to uber-conservative christian caricatures for cults when even the slightest bit of research into absolute madmen like Koresh or Manson would make for something infinitely more interesting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also here is a snip-it from that great writing,it is literally the first dialogue that i saw in the first 5 minutes of some random playtrough :).
The 70s were a bad time for everyone.

As I've mentioned before, Chris is friendly to all.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey the ‘70s were paradise: after the birth control pill, before AIDS.

As Bukowksi put it:

so,
always broke but always
money from somewhere,
I waited
getting ready to
plug and bang and poke
and sing again
in those good old times
in those very very very
good old times
before Aids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom