Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone interviewed by Player Attack at GCAP 2012

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Chris Avellone; InXile Entertainment; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity; Wasteland 2

Obsidian Entertainment's Chris Avellone recently gave a "Design Master Class" at the Game Connect Asia Pacific conference. While there, he was interviewed by Player Attack's Jessica Citizen about Project Eternity and Wasteland 2.

While there's nothing really new in it, the interview does offer an interesting glimpse into MCA's weekly routine. Chris also has a few things to say about the mainstream viability of old school RPGs. Personally, I would have assumed that even one million copies sold would not be enough to really attract publishers' attentions.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do we really want to attract the publishers' attention? That's like invoking Cthulhu, I mean, look at Ultima.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Look at her giggling. She can barely maintain her composure in his presence.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
MCA is way more sexy than she is and he don't even need a dress, and i'm a 100% straight white christian male.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So he thinks there are people who would pay over 10k. Must be nice to be able to drop that much money on a video game.

skyst

Augur
She's not quite rock star quality but not a bad score for a glorified dungeon master.

I wonder if something along the lines of, "So, Planescape: Torment. All me," works at bars?

Arkeus

Arcane
So he thinks there are people who would pay over 10k. Must be nice to be able to drop that much money on a video game.
There were multiple 10K donations, so he appears to be correct.

UnknownBro

Savant
I like this interviewer-chick, it's not the classic FPS-gaming-journanist-reading-IS-THA-HARD-bimbo...
As for the interview: meh, just more PR

snoek

Cipher
Yeah she seems nice and well-informed (she's not dandy as candy at least). Go for it MCA! Interview wasn't interesting except for the chick.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Strange coincidences: Both MCA and the Toddler went to the same university at the same time and both of them are short.

IMG_5320.JPG
800_3_normal.jpg

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
even if you are all so god damn deprived watching that stupid cow does something nice to your imagination, where is your sense ?
I do not idolise the man, but i respect him, he MAKES what i play...he has to respect me back, as a consumer, as his intended target audience..usually that entails my maintaining a certain level of intellectual standing..when i focus on his cool t shirt (it's nice, i like blue too) and on that cow, when my comments derive from a 15 year old mentality, ooo, tits!111!1, what's that saying..respect my views? I am a Codexian?

lol guys..
enjoy family guy, the simpsons rpg, or whatever is next

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom