Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Chris Avellone interviewed by Player Attack at GCAP 2012

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Chris Avellone; InXile Entertainment; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity; Wasteland 2

Obsidian Entertainment's Chris Avellone recently gave a "Design Master Class" at the Game Connect Asia Pacific conference. While there, he was interviewed by Player Attack's Jessica Citizen about Project Eternity and Wasteland 2.

While there's nothing really new in it, the interview does offer an interesting glimpse into MCA's weekly routine. Chris also has a few things to say about the mainstream viability of old school RPGs. Personally, I would have assumed that even one million copies sold would not be enough to really attract publishers' attentions.

^ Top  
  2. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Do we really want to attract the publishers' attention? That's like invoking Cthulhu, I mean, look at Ultima.

^ Top  
  3. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Ia! Ia! EA ftagn!

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  4. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Look at her giggling. She can barely maintain her composure in his presence.

^ Top  
  5. PlanHex Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    Both giggle a lot. Maybe Chris is gettin' some tonight. Or maybe they got high before the interview started.

^ Top  
  6. Syril Liturgist Queued

Syril
    MCA is way more sexy than she is and he don't even need a dress, and i'm a 100% straight white christian male.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. Visbhume Prophet

Visbhume
    He's shorter though.

^ Top  
  8. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So he thinks there are people who would pay over 10k. Must be nice to be able to drop that much money on a video game.

^ Top  
  9. skyst Savant

skyst
    She's not quite rock star quality but not a bad score for a glorified dungeon master.

I wonder if something along the lines of, "So, Planescape: Torment. All me," works at bars?

^ Top  
  10. Arkeus Arcane

Arkeus
    There were multiple 10K donations, so he appears to be correct.

^ Top  
  11. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    i'd bang that

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    the chick is p. doable too

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  13. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I hate the fact that the disgusting skank is there, throwing her vicious female fluids all over MCA.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    I love his shirt!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Purity of essence must be maintained.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. UnknownBro Savant

UnknownBro
    I like this interviewer-chick, it's not the classic FPS-gaming-journanist-reading-IS-THA-HARD-bimbo...
    As for the interview: meh, just more PR

^ Top  
  17. snoek Augur

snoek
    Yeah she seems nice and well-informed (she's not dandy as candy at least). Go for it MCA! Interview wasn't interesting except for the chick.

^ Top  
  18. Brayko Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Such a threesome-thought-inducing video warms the cockles.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Strange coincidences: Both MCA and the Toddler went to the same university at the same time and both of them are short.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

^ Top  
  20. Brayko Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    You just had to bring up those pesky fuckers in a sacred CA thread you sonovabitch

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Sorry, things were getting too gay in here. :smug:

^ Top  
  22. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    [​IMG]

:(

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  23. Maiandros Learned Possibly Retarded

Maiandros
    even if you are all so god damn deprived watching that stupid cow does something nice to your imagination, where is your sense ?
    I do not idolise the man, but i respect him, he MAKES what i play...he has to respect me back, as a consumer, as his intended target audience..usually that entails my maintaining a certain level of intellectual standing..when i focus on his cool t shirt (it's nice, i like blue too) and on that cow, when my comments derive from a 15 year old mentality, ooo, tits!111!1, what's that saying..respect my views? I am a Codexian?

lol guys..
    enjoy family guy, the simpsons rpg, or whatever is next

^ Top  
  24. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)