Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Christian thriller" vidya

v1rus

Arcane
Hey folks, could any of you recommend me a good gaem with strong "Christian thriller" thematic?

You know, mass conspiracies, involving the Spear of Longinus or the True Cross and so on.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I would recommend Gabriel Knight 3, but it has terrible puzzles, the graphics are ugly compared to the beautiful 2D artwork of the original, and the plot is almost nonexistent. :M

4600-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg
4594-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg

16724-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg
16917-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg

9940-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg
9939-gabriel-knight-3-blood-of-the-sacred-blood-of-the-damned-windows.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ gabriel knight 3, save for the awkward early game puzzles (cat fur mustache that is very infamous) the latter part of the game contain the best puzzle i have ever done in an adventure games ever. La Serpent Rouge. also ignoring the awkward early 3D graphics i think the story and characters really did it justice.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah GB3 gets a lot of flack about a couple of, admittedly, crappy puzzles early on, but it also has some great ones, especially the one HoboForEternity mentioned above, a puzzle with many layers, that spans for a big chunk of the game.

And in the writing department, as usual Jane Jensen has done some extensive historical and on location research, to back up the story.

schru

Arcane
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars is supposedly a decent point-and-click adventure, but I haven't played much of it myself.

Azrael's Tear centres its story around the Holy Grail, at least in a certain way, and it involves secret monastic orders.

122867-azrael-s-tear-dos-screenshot-entering-an-abandoned-cathedral.png

122873-azrael-s-tear-dos-screenshot-this-room-holds-the-key-to-the.png

122870-azrael-s-tear-dos-screenshot-the-docks.png

122872-azrael-s-tear-dos-screenshot-azrael-s-tear-will-blow-you-away.png

341b203c1e68a7d6dece2238526a6d2d.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Inquisitor in the rpg deoartment

Isn't Inquisitor considered a bit broken because of Chapter 1 which is grindy and painful as fuck? I do recommend it for the investigation side of things, tons of optional crimes to investigate and resolve.

Yes, Chapter 1 is a disaster, but when you get over it, it is kinda very good.

If only they released it in 2001, not 2012.

christian thriller: "and on the third day jesus rose from the dead and danced like michael jackson into the groove".

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
VTM: Redemption could be considered one. Your main character is a knight templar and he falls in love with a nun.

La abadía del crimen (The Abbey of crime), a zx spectrum adventure game with a "Name of the Rose" style plot. It has been remade and it's on steam.

DOS

Novice
VTM: Redemption could be considered one. Your main character is a knight templar and he falls in love with a nun.

La abadía del crimen (The Abbey of crime), a zx spectrum adventure game with a "Name of the Rose" style plot. It has been remade and it's on steam.

The Abbey of Crime: Extensum, on Steam for free and is an absolute masterpiece.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom