Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Cinematic trailer and imminent release.

Discussion in 'Titan Outpost' started by MF, May 31, 2019.

1. MF The Boar Studio Developer

MF
    The trailer is done!

Thank you all for supporting the decision to delay the game, I'm much happier with it now than I was back in March. Still working on getting everything ready for the final release. The last testing round was very much free of bugs so I'm hopeful for a release in the coming month, but I don't want to promise anything yet. We still need to tweak some things.

HeatEXTEND requested an 'In A World' intro, and I'm always happy to oblige.

What do you think?

PS I still need to record some of the voice cast, which is proving difficult as two of the cast members are now living abroad. If I can't get it done in the coming weeks, the game is shipping with only the first line of each conversation voiced to set the tone. I'm sure many of you prefer it that way to begin with -and I personally prefer reading, too-, but it could be a deal breaker for others. Any thoughts? I could always release a voice pack as free DLC later on.

• Brofist Brofist x 20
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    MF I saw this trailer appear last night already but was waiting for you to post it. Beta version?

^ Top  
  3. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    If the trailer is representative of the VO in the rest of the game, I think the less of it, the better :M

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. MF The Boar Studio Developer

MF
    Yeah, last night's version should have been set on private. It had some sound issues.
    Of course it's not. Voice acting and VO are two completely different things.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. HeatEXTEND Cipher

HeatEXTEND
    Sound mixing is not so great, gotta fiddle around with those knobs some more. Game def looks interesting though :d1p:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Wall Savant

The Wall
    So 80s trailer dude went to Titan, became Titan's founding father and now official Titan accent is YOU'D NEVER GUESS IT IN A MILLIOOON YEARS! :yeah:

Overall, I'd rate feeling trailer left on me with 80s/10. Rest easy, for an indie's first shot at RPG, you did well. Well, so far

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    What the actual fuck you guys, I can only get so erect, please think of my soundly beaten meat

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. deama Arbiter

deama
    I like the music.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Same.
    Game looks good too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    Dunno about the game, but that's the coolest game company logo I've seen so far.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Better voice acting:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. MF The Boar Studio Developer

MF
    Wow, nothing gets past you, does it? :)

I was going to make a new post, but have so much on my plate right now that I couldn't get around to it today. The game is done and scheduled for release August 1st. Yes, that is a Thursday. Steam could delay it a couple of days because I'm cutting it a bit close by uploading the latest build tomorrow, but it will definitely be out this week!

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Good grief. 2019, the year when half of the indie RPG releases came out on August 1st.

Feel free to make that new post anyway btw.

^ Top  
  14. Eirinjas Learned

Eirinjas
    Too masculine for you?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. MF The Boar Studio Developer

MF
    I'll get to that tomorrow, I really need some sleep right now.

Only the Underrail expansion -and the Colony Ship demo, I suppose?- was on my radar, but yeah, a lot of stuff is coming out. We'll see how that works out.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)