Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization IV wins a Grammy

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

The game didn't actually <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33016/Grammys_Award_First_Video_Game_Theme_For_Civ_IV_Music.php" target="_blank">win a Grammy</a>, mind you, but its theme song did.
<blockquote>Composer Christopher Tin has picked up the first ever Grammy Award win for a video game theme at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards.

His track, "Baba Yetu", the opening theme to strategy title Civilization IV, won the award for 'Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist', beating the likes of "Baby" by Roger Treece and "Based On A Thousand True Stories" by Vince Mendoza.

The arrangement features the Soweto Gospel Choir & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and was originally created for the Firaxis release back in 2005. It then featured on his album "Calling All Dawns" in 2009.</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/">Gamasutra</a></p>

anus_pounder

Arcane
I like the theme, not sure if its grammy material, but what the hell would I know.

Apparently, its the Lord's Prayer in Swahili (?) or some other african language. Not sure if that adds or takes away anything from the song.

I believe it is Swahili, Anus, but I'm a butt-bandit so what would i know?

I like it, it definitely fits Civilization. My main and most immediate problem with Civamole V was that it had some shitty generic music for the main menu rather than Baba Yetu.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just had to. Struggling with Codex search was worth it. With the Navy promo in the middle, this is the funniest thing I've seen all week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom