Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hah, picking Kali as your patron god turns Diwali/Feast into something out of the Temple of Doom.

What the fuck is wrong with the Indian faces? They terrify me.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
So were my predictions borne out? Lots of "flash" features that look good on a box, but virtually zero depth?

So were my predictions borne out? Lots of "flash" features that look good on a box, but virtually zero depth?

I'm pretty sure that everyone predicted that...

It's CK2 with a bigger map with some additional buffs/restrictions if you play the new guys. Same as the other expansions were.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Yawn, ok.

"Same as the other expansions were" is a dumb claim considering none of the other expansion made the map bigger. Also, Sons of Abraham added healthy depth and only one little group of "new guys," The Republic and Sword of Islam added completely new gameplay mechanics that changed the core focus of the game, and Legacy of Rome added depth to a single existing kingdom. Your comment is meaningless.

Anybody with interesting feedback?

Comte

Can we start the countdown now for the next DLC Tibet Yellow Peril :smug:
Fixed. :smug:

Yellow Peril

ibcTesVdaIJ3Yt.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yawn, ok.

"Same as the other expansions were" is a dumb claim considering none of the other expansion made the map bigger. Also, Sons of Abraham added healthy depth and only one little group of "new guys," The Republic and Sword of Islam added completely new gameplay mechanics that changed the core focus of the game, and Legacy of Rome added depth to a single existing kingdom. Your comment is meaningless.

I admit, I'm not very into playing India and hence no plan in picking this up.
I'm just curious on the levy supply changes, but haven't really started any lengthy session to confirm the changes.
It doesn't seem to be a major add-on for European Kingdom TBH.
And since I have no interest in playing Muslims, I doubt I'd get to India.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I think most of the best features/changes that I have noticed were just a part of the patch. Playing as an Indian feels very much like playing a Catholic/Orthodox in Europe to me though (just without a religious head and all that goes along with that, and with a bunch of Indian flavored events and decisions). There aren't any unique mechanics like decadence going on. You do seem to need to pay attention to the caste of who you marry (it generates a mild penalty) as well as the religious sub-branch (represented as a trait, cannot think if that is actually the name right now) of your vassals (also can add penalty/bonus to relations, as well as having a unique bonus per trait), but it boils down to checking peoples traits to make sure they aren't going to be a problem for you, which is something done by everybody anyway.

Performance is fine for me so far. I think it runs the same as it was before the patch, maybe a tiny bit slower. If you are already having issues though it might be a more noticeable thing.

Supply changes are interesting. My example: I am Rajput Hindu Delh. I start crap with the Muslims in Lahore. They call in Seljuks. I see a 9.5k Seljuk stack approaching. Crossing their ally in the war's territory didn't hurt them, but by the time they crossed into my territory, moved three provinces and reached me, they had burnt down to about 5k (the provinces were jungle and mountains I believe).

RK47

Patron
I don't get it. If the AI sent 5K will he lost around half of his troops too?

XenomorphII

Prophet
I don't get it. If the AI sent 5K will he lost around half of his troops too?

Not sure yet, but I am glad that wandering into crap terrain, in hostile territory, with a doom stack is a painful thing now (this was relatively early on, less than 100 years into the game, just for reference).

Edit: I just loaded up as the Seljuk's to see. It was because they were over the supply limit of the province, and it seems like attrition rates get higher in bad terrain.

Last edited:
Yawn, ok.

Your posts are stupid as always, but this:

none of the other expansion made the map bigger

Is flat out wrong.

oscar

Arcane
Excellent. The best way to make geography felt is to punish invaders sending doomstacks through mountains, deserts, jungles etc

Should also make smaller states able to stand up against blobs more.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I think most of the best features/changes that I have noticed were just a part of the patch. Playing as an Indian feels very much like playing a Catholic/Orthodox in Europe to me though (just without a religious head and all that goes along with that, and with a bunch of Indian flavored events and decisions). There aren't any unique mechanics like decadence going on. You do seem to need to pay attention to the caste of who you marry (it generates a mild penalty) as well as the religious sub-branch (represented as a trait, cannot think if that is actually the name right now) of your vassals (also can add penalty/bonus to relations, as well as having a unique bonus per trait), but it boils down to checking peoples traits to make sure they aren't going to be a problem for you, which is something done by everybody anyway.

Performance is fine for me so far. I think it runs the same as it was before the patch, maybe a tiny bit slower. If you are already having issues though it might be a more noticeable thing.

Supply changes are interesting. My example: I am Rajput Hindu Delh. I start crap with the Muslims in Lahore. They call in Seljuks. I see a 9.5k Seljuk stack approaching. Crossing their ally in the war's territory didn't hurt them, but by the time they crossed into my territory, moved three provinces and reached me, they had burnt down to about 5k (the provinces were jungle and mountains I believe).
This is basically what I expected from this expansion. It's hard to work in interesting new gameplay depth and mechanics when you're just tacking on loads of superficial additions.

oscar

Arcane
You can also forget about arranging marriages between anyone if you are a child ruler. The button simply disappears.

(In regards to the new colour schemes for Brittany, Armenia and others)

1606490_10152062455847399_787595518_o.jpg

What's with the bizarre apologism of people on the Paradox forums? You get the feeling the Paradox staff could come over to their houses and consecutively kick them in the nuts and they'd still refuse to even contemplate the slightest rebuke of Paradox.

Last edited:

Comte

The Paradox forums have always been one big circle jerk. I enjoy their games but hate their forum.

RK47

Patron
I thought I was alone in hating the new color. Oh well. Fuck it. It's just color.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne is there some easy way of adjusting the -/+ modifiers for the AI's decision making? I'd forgotten how much of a headache it is trying to find a wife as pagan because of the insane 'must not marry infidel' mod.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vaarna_Aarne is there some easy way of adjusting the -/+ modifiers for the AI's decision making? I'd forgotten how much of a headache it is trying to find a wife as pagan because of the insane 'must not marry infidel' mod.
I took a quick look, but haven't found anything yet.

The modifier actually makes very little sense anyway (alliance mechanics aside, that'd be problematic), given how one of the primary tactics of conversion was chucking tactically educated wives at the infidels.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah, wish it was more intelligent at least, taking into account your and the target's religion. Most pagan religions wouldn't give a shit most likely, and catholic <-> orthodox would probably be more agreeable as well than marrying off your devout christian daughter to filthy muslims.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom