Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Well, you could say that the Orthodox religion gets the opportunity to become Hellenic now.

I feel they don't want to do the schism because it's too all-encompassing to sell as a DLC. But I'd love to see heresies like you describe. Will probably be possible for mods.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well, you could say that the Orthodox religion gets the opportunity to become Hellenic now.

I feel they don't want to do the schism because it's too all-encompassing to sell as a DLC. But I'd love to see heresies like you describe. Will probably be possible for mods.
There are mods(for eu4) that do decent job at it. Still the orthodox religion is the only one that haven't been touched by DLC. It will be nice to see a major DLC around it. After all it had really big role in those times.

oscar

Arcane
I have a feeling this might be the last DLC but if they were to squeeze in one final one, a big fleshing out of the heresies would be nice. Though some mods have done this satisfactorily already.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a feeling this might be the last DLC but if they were to squeeze in one final one, a big fleshing out of the heresies would be nice. Though some mods have done this satisfactorily already.
Released: 14 Feb, 2012
Playing Last 30 Days 4,216.5
That is more than 80% of games in STEAM and other games can only dream about having almost 5000 players 6 years after game release. Paradox will milk it forever

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Any first impressions of the expansion?

STOCKHOLM - 13 November 2018 - The medieval battle for the soul of Europe takes center stage in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury, the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s beloved grand strategy role-playing game. The almost infinite playground of dynastic politics in the Middle Ages takes on new drama with the addition of pagan warrior lodges, where you must constantly prove your mettle, and heroic bloodlines that add glamor and prestige to the descendants of history making characters.

Holy Fury is available now for an MSRP of $19.99 at the Paradox Store and major online retailers.

Holy Fury adds special new challenges for experience players by adding Shattered and Random World starts for the game. Begin playing in Shattered world where no one controls more than one county and prove how clever you are on an even playing field. Or start in a Random World that includes ahistoric kingdoms, empires and religions - a world that resembles our own, but is entirely fictional.

Other features in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury include:
  • Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
  • Dynamic Pagan Reformations: Choose the tenets and organizing principles of your new religion.
  • Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
  • Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
  • Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value
  • Mass Baptism: Emulate Vladimir the Great and convert your pagan nation to Christianity or Islam, dragging your citizens and vassals to the altar with you.
  • Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
  • New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
  • New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
  • And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
As usual, Holy Fury is accompanied by a major update FREE to everyone who owns Crusader Kings II. This patch is especially significant since it includes an entirely new Crusade system, breathing new life into one of the game's major themes.

Mortmal

Arcane

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Some 6 hours since release there are already 83 steam reviews for this dlc. Good part of them written in classic ck2 humour which anywhere else except there and RPG Codex would make quite a few feds come out of their 16 year old high school girl undercover persona and read you your rights...

Reception so far: overwhelmingly positive. 92% overwhelmigly, to be precise. We'll see whether it will hold on as time passes and number of players and play hours increase how much exactly will score decrease. I'd say very little, my lowest estimated low being 85%.

As a whole this expansion added a LOT to many areas, no corner of the map nor gameplay system was left out, like Santa it checked most if not all CK2 wishes from "gotta get before CK2's retirement" players wishlist, isn't plagued with bugs and has for CK2 fanatics acceptable price tag attached. Won't be last dlc but is worthy of such title.

Worthy addition to CK2 dlc harem. Less you pay for it, more money for you ofc but it's definitely worthy of your time. As always, hope there's next one...

Ave Dlcia! CKus Vult!

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
You would expect Holy Fury to have playable theocracies...Nope, not this time. Also it's quite funny how they integrated stuff from mods like CK2+ and HIP[UI, crowning, randomized world etc.]. But even though taking ideas from other people work, they couldnt implement "invite all/group/family to carousing"...Low effort DLC.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I didn't get to play it yet, but there are a lot of features I'm looking forward too and which I hope will turn out well.

Electors, new crusades, bloodlines, coronations and maybe for the occasional pagan game the new reformation stuff.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The new maps are absolutely a game changer.

You mean the Shattered World stuff?
No. The provinces and counties have been changed quite drastically in some places.

Life was breathed into many parts of the map making them playable (conquerable part of Africa increased 3 times at least, even got its own trade routes) while others were geographically corrected to less represent 12th century maps and more reality and many new counties, duchies, kingdoms and even cultures were added.

Complete list of map enhancements is below:
- Map Update to Africa
- 63 new provinces spread across the continent
- Reshaped all existing provinces for increased geographical and historical accuracy
- Updated the names of a large number of provinces and titles for increased historical accuracy
- 6 new cultures: Daju, Kanuri, Zaghawa, Hausa, Songhay, and Soninke
- Reworked North Africa
- New empire of Maghreb, consisting of the kingdoms of Maghreb (Mauretania) and Africa
- 5 new duchies
- Reworked West Africa
- 2 new kingdoms, Ghana and Songhay
- 4 new duchies
- Added the region of Central Africa
- New empire of Kanem-Bornu
- 2 new kingdoms, Kanem and Hausaland
- 7 new duchies
- Adjusted rivers to accomodate for the newly added Lake Chad
- Map Update to Poland
- General overhaul to the DeJure territory of the Kingdom of Poland
- Vistula (major) river tweaked to be more geographically accurate
- (Minor) river Oder tweaked for more geographical accuracy. (Minor) rivers Warta and Bug added
- 6 new provinces, mostly improving granularity in Mazovia and Lesser Poland
- All old provinces moved and reshaped for more consistency
- Some updated provincial Coats of Arms
- Map Update to Pomerania & Eastern Germany
- (Major) river Elbe tweaked to be more geographically accurate
- Province of Bytow added to the Duchy of Pomeralia and province of Neumark added to the Duchy of Pomerania (both now at 3 provinces each)
- Bohemian / Czech provinces moved down south a bit to be more geographically accurate
- New province of Lausitz in the Duchy of Meissen
- Reshaping of provinces neighbouring reshaped Elbe (especially Brandenbourg which is a bit less blobby now)
- Map Update to the Baltics
- Major overhaul to the Baltic region (mostly encompassing the Kingdom of Lithuania's DeJure territory)
- (Major) river Daugava moved and reshaped a bit for more accuracy
- Minor river crossings in Lithuania reshaped for more accuracy
- 7 provinces added to enhance pre-Livonian Order flavour
- New duchy of Latgale added
- All old provinces in the DeJure Lithuanian Kingdom's territory have been reshaped for more historical & cultural accuracy
- New kingdom of Estonia, formable by holding the duchies of Estonia and the new duchy of Kalava
- Map Update to Finland
- 8 new provinces in Finland, improving mobility and spread noticeably in the area
- 2 new duchies in Finland (Ostrobothnia and Savonia)
- 1 new province in Lapland, in the duchy of Kola
- Map Update to Upper Burgundy and the Swiss area
- 7 New Provinces added
- 2 New Duchies added
- County of Bourgogne split into 5 parts (Varais, Portois, Amous, Escuens and Montbeliard), all five moved into the new Duchy of Franche Comté
- Schwyz (old Grisons), Zurichgau (old Schwyz) and Thurgau (old St. Gallen) moved into new Duchy of Upper Swabia
- A part of the County of Lombardia has been cut off to make the new province Bellinzona
- A part of Montferrat and Savoy has been cut off to make the new province Aosta
- Map Update to Norway
- 6 New Provinces added
- 2 New Duchies added
- The new province Gudbrandsdal opens up a new pathway across the mountains to make it easier to get between the western and eastern parts of the country
- Map Update to Denmark
- 5 New Provinces added
- 2 New Duchies added
- New pathways across the Duchy of Sjælland
- Map Update to Sweden
- 6 New Provinces added
- 1 New Duchy added
- Map Update to Bavaria/Austria/Carinthia
- 13 New Provinces added
- 5 New Duchies added
- 1 New Kingdom added
- Brenner's Pass opened between Trent and Tyrol
- Map Update to Wallachia
- Overhaul to the Wallachian/Moldovian region
- Dniester major river moved to a more geographically accurate location
- 7 new provinces added to the DeJure kingdom of Wallachia
- 2 new duchies added to the DuJure kingdom of Wallachia (Oltenia & Bessarabia)
- Duchy of Wallachia renamed to "Muntenia"
- Duchy of Moldau renameed to "Moldovia"
- Map Update to the Pontic Steppe
- New empire of "Pontic Steppe" added in the eponymous geographical region
- Kingdoms of Khazaria, Alania and the new kingdom of Crimea make this DeJure empire
- New duchy (Wild Fields) added to k_crimea
- 3 new provinces added to the region
- Map Update to Russia
- Major overhaul of the whole russian sphere
- All major & minor rivers reshaped
- e_russia is now created through 5 kingdoms (Ruthenia, Novgorod, Vladimir, Chernigov & Galicia-Volhynia)
- 3 new kingdoms : Vladimir, Chernigov, Galicia-Volhynia
- k_rus renamed from "Rus" to "Novgorod"
- 4 new duchies (Cherven Cities, Karachev, Novosil, Murom)
- 37 new provinces added to the general area
- A few titular russian-tribes-themed duchies added for earlier startdates
- Map Update to Italy
- 9 New Provinces Added
- 1 New Duchy Added
- 1 New Kingdom Added
- Map Update to Volga Bulgaria
- 6 New Provinces Added
- 1 New Duchy Added
- Map Update to Iceland
- 2 New Provinces Added
- In 769 Iceland now starts populated by Irish theocracies, representing the papars. Norse characters will during the Viking Age get the opportunity to take it over.
- Map Update to the Steppes
- Major Overhaul of the Steppes and Permya
- 112 New Provinces Added
- 38 New Duchies Added
- 2 New Kingdoms Added
- 2 New Empires Added
- Map Update Anatolia & Georgia
- 11 New Provinces Added
- 5 New Duchies Added
- Map Update British Isles
- 18 New Provinces Added
- 3 New Duchies Added
- Map Update France
- 13 New Provinces Added
- 2 New Duchies Added
- Reworked Major Rivers in France
- Map Update to Iceland
- 2 new provinces
- Reworked the sea zones around iceland
- Updates to Icelandic history
- New titles
- Principality of Antioch, available for Catholic rulers in charge of Antioch
- The Hansa is now available for players through a decision
- A kingdom tier Swiss Confederacy is available through a decision
- New cultures
- Crimean Gothic
- Dalmatian
- Carantanian
- Coptic

As if that wasn't enough Holy Orders and Byzantines got their new operational systems / governments. And all of that and mucho more is part of patch that costs 0 shekels.

Haven't seen Incline for soo long! This must be it! Inclinum certa est!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is the same event spam,it is intolerable. :argh: I am spammed with event every second,most of them are useless shit like your wife is cheating on you,hire a dude to spy on her for 5 gold...ok nothing happened forget about it,next month again...:retarded: Really feel like deleting the whole event folder and be done with that shit!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It is the same event spam,it is intolerable. :argh: I am spammed with event every second,most of them are useless shit like your wife is cheating on you,hire a dude to spy on her for 5 gold...ok nothing happened forget about it,next month again...:retarded: Really feel like deleting the whole event folder and be done with that shit!

Why don't you slow down the speed? No wonder you're spammed every second if after one second 20 ingame days pass. Should reduce amount of events at any given time and give you more time to respond to them

I always have opposite problem, not enough events, especially at dull peace time

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
>Look up a video of Holy Fury
>The Ulfhednar consist of ferocious men and women fighting for honor and recognition on the battlefield
Paradox can't help themselves, can they?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Why don't you slow down the speed? No wonder you're spammed every second if after one second 20 ingame days pass. Should reduce amount of events at any given time and give you more time to respond to them

I always have opposite problem, not enough events, especially at dull peace time
Because i like playing the game and not reading retard shit,i wish there was an option to just ignore all those events and let the AI randomly choose them. Also i don't read most of them,i know what they are and just click on the green option. Most of the time the best option is the first one,it was made that way because the AI always choose the first option.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
>Look up a video of Holy Fury
>The Ulfhednar consist of ferocious men and women fighting for honor and recognition on the battlefield
Paradox can't help themselves, can they?
You also get the option to reform the religion in to amazon society....have no idea what election laws and orgies have to do with religion. The new religious system is just another lacklustre paradox shit. I am playing as Bulgar Khanate and fucking up everything around me,shame that i have to fight for only one province at the time. Also tengi religion is hardest to reform,all the centars are in shitty places to get.

janior

Arcane
Patron
WTF it is actually holy furry
rating_shittydog.gif

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Because i like playing the game and not reading retard shit,i wish there was an option to just ignore all those events and let the AI randomly choose them. Also i don't read most of them,i know what they are and just click on the green option. Most of the time the best option is the first one,it was made that way because the AI always choose the first option.

Sure, writing quality of events is often Deadfire or even Dragonspear tier. Still, they are important part of CK2's role playing nature. Too much interactions between characters is conveyed through them for them to be ignored. They are more recycled then dungeons in Dragon Age 2 too, which doesn't help. Each DLC adds more of them, which helps. Still I go through most if not all of them, otherwise I start to feel like I'm playing EU IV.

Events auto-pilot: on/off is a game rule I'd crusade for, though. Decisions your character would make would depend on his traits and attributes. Majority of time I like them but even I want sometimes to decapitate dick of unlucky messenger who brings them to me and automate them, at least until HRE is repelled and war with Turks is over...

Played Sancho of Aragon in 1066 (OPM but King rank). Did a bunch of seduction for children, got alliances, took the kingdom and about 1/4th of Iberia. Pope sanctioned an invasion of England for me (because it was ruled by a woman lol, they never learn). Had around 20k troops. Children's Crusade started. It was mad overpowered for some reason, 250k attritionless troops that won a Jerusalem in about a month of fighting. Pope had his own crusade called which I diverted to Egypt. Won that with 50% of the contribution, received 12k ducats for my trouble. Rather than take it for myself I nominated a genius cousin of mine to become Queen of Egypt and played her. She ended up with 10k ducats in the bank. Unfortunately my next door neighbors in Jerusalem lost their event troops and were shortly reconquered. So basically I'm alone in Egypt trying to colonize the middle east.

Gotta say, it's fun to have a sort of game-sanctioned "reset" button like this. After you've blobbed a bit, start up anew somewhere else.

I'm observing that Warrior-kings are now insanely overpowered since you aren't guaranteed to be turned into a vegetable after a week of fighting. They were powerful before just for more troops, now you get huge amounts of troops and they are around 3-4x as strong (note that this also applies to assaults). Sitting around with +50% unit stats, +50% desert combat, +100% damage vs. religious enemies, +65% morale damage. Also thanks to Hermetics my Queen carries a handgun. Captured the Sword of Muhammad in battle, gave it to China for 5000 grace. Eat shit Muslims :smug:

The border gore rule works pretty well. Playing on the "Harsh" rule. Only real border gore was caused by me. For a while I thought that the Muslims had reconquered some stuff, but in fact Aragon/England somehow fucked up succession and lost it to the Irish. Leading to some green-on-green action in Iberia.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
This is a good as hell expansion. Lots of interesting new mechanics and a boatload of new events for some previously neglected cultures and religions. Core Catholic Feudal experience has also been juiced up a lot.

Wonder if they had someone new behind this? Seems a lot more energetic, well-thought out and deeper than the other expansions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom