Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

GreyViper

Prophet
E As much as he has Rance potential, B is a sure way to die knowing this story.

Random

Arcane
Patron
So currently the tally is firmly in G territory with some additional things maybe. Anyone else wish to vote? I'll update tomorrow.

Jester

Arbiter
If she will ask why say Marcus "Maverick" Westford repay his debts.

oscar

Arcane
That line sounds significantly less badass considering she then precedes to beat us up via your plan

Dominant Inner Nature: White Knight

Jester

Arbiter
That line sounds significantly less badass considering she then precedes to beat us up via your plan.
Dont worry Marcus is secure in his Masculinity, little beating wont change that or how badass that line is.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Jestet's I.

Shinra could like gave us seperated room with luxuries since we are their man of the hour.

Random

Arcane
Patron
With Zero Credibility's flip-flop, the two leading choices are five votes for I and four for G. This is pretty damn close, so I'm gonna wait just a bit longer to see if Azira and Gondolin or anyone else wants to vote.

Gondolin

Arcane
I don't like any of the options. We should ask her if she has a plan. If she has a good one, give her the keys. If it sounds ridiculous or lame, fuck that.

But, since it's too late for this, voting G.

Yeah, just what is her plan anyway? How is she going to get pass the Turks and the monsters with her friend to look after? And is she planning to leave her friend in jail? Can we ask her that or is it too late?

But I flopped because this was the second time she spared our life. And the last time she really did have a big motive for killing us. Paying back debts and that all.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Well, that is a good question. Since the majority of the stickling is about her plan, I guess I can do a mini update. I'll just simplify the situation.

Chapter 1: The Hero Returns, Part IV½

"Assuming I did know some kind of way that you could bust out of here that isn't a complete deathtrap," you say, "it would still require you to get through the building, which is, most likely, full of Turks and fresh troops right now. Sure, by now their guard is probably down, but they've surely got people keeping an eye on this office right outside. I won't lie, you're kind of a badass, and by now you know the building's layout fairly well, so you might be able to fight your way out if you avoid the Turks and keep moving. That is, if you don't have anyone or anything weighing you down," you add, motioning towards the sleeping Aeris.

"I can't just leave her here..." Tifa says. "If I could find her a staff, she could defend herself, too."

"If you don't leave her, you probably won't make it off the floor, let alone out of the building," you point out. "Look at her, you think she's in any state to fight right now? She can't even talk. You're right, I have no idea what they did to her, but it must have been some nasty shit." Tifa grimaces and shakes her head.

"So you're telling me that you'll only help me if I leave her behind?"

"Look at it from my perspective. If you take her with you, you're dead meat, rendering my attempt to help you moot. If you don't, and you do escape, the heat I would catch for it is way less than if both of you got away."

Tifa considers it in pained silence. You pity her for being faced with the choice of giving up the person she came here to rescue in the first place, or losing everything else that she hasn't already lost. Thanks to you, no less.

"...Alright. I'll leave her here," Tifa says, eyes downcast.

"That's that then. So, what's your plan for getting through the building safely?" you ask.

"My plan?"

"Yeah."

"I was thinking I would get my hands on an executive ID card and use the executive elevators, since they're a straight shot to the first floor. There's bound to be an executive ID card somewhere on this floor. But I don't know how I could fight my way through the whole city..."

You seem to hold one possible solution to her problems.

What do you do?

A) Give her the keys and ask her to beat you up. Even the score.
B) Demand sexual favors for the keys, then ask her to beat you up. Even the score the rough and randy way.
C) [Bluff] Don't give her the keys, tell her to use the display vehicles so that she's screwed. She has it coming anyways.
D) [Bluff] Demand sexual favors, then do C). She has it coming (hurr durr) anyways.
E) Don't give her the keys, don't offer any help. You are not going to aid a terrorist who killed your men.
F) Demand sexual favors, then do E). Trolololololol.
G) Apologize to her for killing her friends/love, then forgive her for killing your men. Become Jesus. Follow with any other option.
H) Other

Character Sheet

Name: Marcus "Maverick" Westford
Class: Ranger
Profession: First Lieutenant of the Shinra Peacekeeping Corps
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: None

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 7
Tenacity 5 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Discipline Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Athletics Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Bluff Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Inventory: SM-3 Service Pistol, two clips of 9mm ammunition, ruined civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 20,000 Gil, keys to the display vehicles

Voting A.

As we have established at the start of this LP, an obvious troll option is a really good way to get killed here.

Jester

Arbiter
GA
and give her "do you have time to talk about Lord?" pamphlet.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
GAH

I thought this was dead, thanks for coming back!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom