Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

Random

Arcane
Patron
Hold up. That chick mugged us.

Unless this is a typo.

No, that's just the standard fast travel fee. Those silt striders don't feed themselves.
;)

Baltika9

Arcane
THAT ASS DEMANDS SLAPPING NOW
We should probably make sure that it was her that mugged us (you never know, she might have just ditched us on the street), then we should try to get our money back through legal channels. However, I think that we won't see that 5,000 gil ever again.

On the bright side, we now know that she is not trustworthy at all. I, for one, will not make the mistake of relaxing around her again. For 5,000 gil, that is a cheap lesson.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I totally missed the update and the vote for reasons of puking my guts out, so here's my choice: C (don't want to add a tie if Random has started on the update)

edit: The puking was totaly non-alcohlic-related, just caught some bad virus that put me 36 hours in bed

Last edited:

Random

Arcane
Patron
PSA: REMOVE DECEMBER remove December you are worst month. you are the December idiot you are the December smell. return to January. to our January cousins you may come our contry.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
A-fags are gaining over B-bros. SAD!

Also I bet SOLDIER waifu is horribly scarred and/or mutated.

Why else would she cover her body?

I'm always rite about these things.

Baltika9

Arcane
A-fags are gaining over B-bros. SAD!

Indeed. Why should Marcus be a well-adjusted, mentally stable individual, when he can instead be a workaholic autistic

PSA: REMOVE DECEMBER remove December you are worst month. you are the December idiot you are the December smell. return to January. to our January cousins you may come our contry.

Someone got themselves on Santa's naughty list.

Hurr, scarred domineering women that beat us up with barely-hidden disdain.

Stop piling my fetishes, okay?

MV5BZmNkZWRkNDktYWFjMS00OTA3LWJlYzMtMThlYThmZGU0Y2QxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_.jpg

Random

Arcane
Patron
Sorry for the continued lack of updates, but these are not the good times. I plan to get this show back on the road after Christmas.

Random

Arcane
Patron
The As have it.

Changing Times Part VII

As a wise man once said, "Fuck it."

You grab your keys, intent on going out and buying a veritable hoard of booze, food, entertainment provisions, and dirty magazines. And maybe a concealed weapons license. You're not sure how much those go for, though you certainly are cleared under ShinRa regulations to have one. If it wasn't for your awful hangover you would be feeling much happier about your week off, but hey, nothing some cheap over-the-counter meds can't fix.

You wish you could book a ride on an airship to the Golden Saucer or Costa Del Sol, you know, one of those vacation resorts. You certainly have the gil to afford such a thing, but basically for only like one or two days. Then you'd be broke until your next paycheck.

Instead, you throw open your shitty apartment door and shut it, locking it, only to glance over and see the motorcyclist from last night leaning on the wall beside your door. The memories slowly return to you, and suddenly the question of where 5,000 of your hard-earned gil vanished to becomes clear.

"Sup," she says, armed folded together, face still hidden by her pitch black biker helmet.

"Did you... steal my gil?" you ask clumsily. Your verbal footing is off due to the surprise and the haze in your head.

"Steal? That's my fee for a ride home," she stated plainly.

You twitch, unsure what exactly to say. But since she's SOLDIER, you're not exactly in a strong position to argue. You decide to let it go. "Why are you... here?"

"Guard duty," she states as simply as someone who has done this sort of thing all their lives.

"But I thought you said you wouldn't hang around," you point out, groggily remembering your short, unhelpful conversation last night.

"Yep." She offers nothing further, and you feel an uncomfortable silence fall around you as she stares at you and vice versa.

"So..."

Suddenly, she reaches into her jacket and tosses something small, round, and green at you. You catch it, instantly recognizing the weight and shape of it in your hand. It possesses a slight glow, and even just touching it causes a strange sensation of knowledge that is not yours entering your thoughts, though only at a very surface level. It is the Bolt Materia, the same one from the initial AVALANCHE assault on HQ.

"What, why?" you mumble.

"That materia was returned to SOLDIER, but it's yours by right."

You stare at it in your hand. Did this lady just confess to stealing materia from the program? You decide it is probably better for everyone if you don't ask or make much fuss about it. On the bright side, you are now carrying a concealed weapon. On the downside, it is most likely a stolen item and you don't have a license.

"Later," she says, pushing off the wall and strolling down the hallway, and you watch her full, tight, denim-clad rump go.

You hesitate. You would like to know more about her, but she seems as stiff and impenetrable as a wall.

What do you do?

A) Catch up and try to talk to her some more, focusing on learning about who she is [Charm]
B) Try to follow her, see where she goes and what she does [Stealth]
C) Catch up and try to talk to her about getting your gil back [Charm]
D) Let her leave and go about your initial plan of R&R
E) Other

Character Sheet

Name: Marcus "Steelwall" Westford
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
Profession: Major of the ShinRa Co. Peacekeeping Corps, Department of Public Safety, Military Police Division
Dominant Inner Nature: None
Health: [Pristine - Fine - Poor - Severe - Critical - Dead]

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 8
Tenacity 6 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Discipline Lvl. 3
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Athletics Lvl. 2, Bluff Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Perks:
Tough Guy ("Love the suck." The penalty for all mundane negative status effects is reduced by 1)

Inventory: Civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Pocket Knife, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 14,670 Gil, Note from Janice, Tom's business card (blood-stained)
Gear: Bolt Materia (Lvl. 1)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, let's get our R&R, most option would likely lead us getting told off (A & C) or bitchslapped (B)

(flip flopped)

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A) Catch up and try to talk to her some more, focusing on learning about who she is [Charm]

You miss every shot you don’t take!

Dayyālu

Arcane
D she's not our type anyway

:rpgcodex:

Ahh, welcome back. Honestly, all options are kinda unsuitable for our HERO (maybe Stealth, but I doubt she would find it proper). Tbh,

E. Nix to the stealth and charm. Just follow her openly and ask her to join you on R&R.

Maybe we can use Bluff to bullshit our way through into needing some simple human contact while R&R, or maybe straight honesty will work. Voting E on ERYFKRAD suggestion.

Also, what the fuck happened to the Avatars, I get away a week and the goddamn forum is unreadable

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom