Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Insat Depot down, pretty easy, in fact...

Then did all the side quests (I think) in the city center maps (3 or 4 I think I did)

Then...

Cathedral...SHIT, every time I hit a mistle (or rotton) I'm thinking, this HAS to be the one to finish off the map...nope nope nope. Fuck this shit :)

I'm pretty sure I MUST be getting close to the boss tho, enemies are getting tougher as I progress thru the level.

Zep--

Reinhardt

Arcane
Game crashed during cutscene after Mido fight...
Fuck bladewymmyn and cannoneer. And fuck Mido. And fuck cutscenes.

Puukko

Arcane

Then did all the side quests (I think) in the city center maps (3 or 4 I think I did)

Then...

Cathedral...SHIT, every time I hit a mistle (or rotton) I'm thinking, this HAS to be the one to finish off the map...nope nope nope. Fuck this shit :)

I'm pretty sure I MUST be getting close to the boss tho, enemies are getting tougher as I progress thru the level.

Zep--

All I can say is, don't hold you breath just yet.

Also, cathedral is the first area to determine which ending you get. If you want the best ending, give all vestiges to the NPC before the last boss fight in that area, beat the boss and interact with the statue in the memory afterwards, and repeat this every time there is one of those NPCs before a boss room.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
cathedral is the first area to determine which ending you get.

I don't really care about that kind of stuff. I just like to finish the game.

The only game I ever did that for was Bloodborne, since backing a save and redoing endings was pretty easy and fairly quick as I recall.

I'll watch whatever endings I don't get on the youtube after I beat it.

Zep--

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Then...

Zep--

Also, cathedral is the first area to determine which ending you get. If you want the best ending, give all vestiges to the NPC before the last boss fight in that area, beat the boss and interact with the statue in the memory afterwards, and repeat this every time there is one of those NPCs before a boss room.
I'm not sure I understand.
So explore every area 100% including the depths, find all the vestiges, give them to Io, then fight the boss of the area?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
So explore every area 100% including the depths, find all the vestiges, give them to Io, then fight the boss of the area?

Me either. I thought it was just the "cores" you had to turn in?

Zep--

Puukko

Arcane

Then...

Zep--

Me either. I thought it was just the "cores" you had to turn in?

Zep--

Turn in every vestige from that area before the boss fight to the NPC in front of the boss room, then interact with the statue in the memory after the boss. You can tell which vestiges are missing since the NPC lists all of the ones you need, and there's a total of four of these NPCs in different zones, plus a fifth special one in the last dungeon. If you successfully complete all five, you get the best ending, completing 1-4 gets the "neutral" ending while failing to complete any gets the "bad" ending. The first four have two blood codes tied to each, and you'll get one of them depending on whether you turned in all vestiges or not for that NPC. So two playthroughs is the minimum for getting all blood codes.

From a completionist perspective, doing two playthroughs with the best ending first and the bad ending second is most efficient since the best ending comes with a bonus blood code you'll be able to use in NG+ while doing the bad ending afterwards will give you access to all the blood codes you missed the first time around, but has no bonus blood code.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
And crashed again. Problem was in my blood veil - Night Spear. It becomes bugged after Mido fight and crashes game during Mia talk in cutscene. Changing veil to not trench coat one before battle helped.

Puukko

Arcane
Make sure you have the drivers as well, I had crashes the first day but either simply rebooting and/or updating drivers helped. None since.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Because i've missed one mistle in cathedral i started exploring location again and found another blood code - it's
in front of sleeping Louis sister in basement
It was not here when we visited her after successor battle, so i guess it's usual japanese "check everything before final boss".

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So the final boss of the Cathedral area is the one in the main building, the one protected by that yellow energy web? And that chick in front of it, Io, receives vestiges, special ones I think because I gave her a few but when I travel back to the home base she has the normal vestiges restoration interface. I don't even....

Reinhardt

Arcane
I really want mod to equip more passives. I'm running with 10 ichor so active abilities are mostly useless - maximum i can afford is 1-2 cheap buffs, i don't need 8 slots for spells.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I remember a time when we didn't need to equip passive skills. What the fuck happened?
About equipment, why can't we unequip the second weapon? Also, how moddable is this game? I know there's a few mods on the Nexus but nothing substantial.

Reinhardt

Arcane
but nothing substantial
24-1570489299-5225320.png

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Ok then, point taken. I don't remember seeing this but hey, I'll take it.
And yeah, when I said substantial, I meant modding game mechanics, inventory, weapons, new blood veils or blood codes, faster animations, modifying stats on the weapons or armors, better maps, stuff like that etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom