Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Codex Fighting Game Players

Are you a fighting game player?

• Total voters

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Why can't I rate a post with agenda and rage at the same time? :negative:

Melcar

Arcane
I used to be big on KoF titles, but lost interest in the scene after 2002. Most of my "serious" fighter career was done on early SNK titles from the 90s in the arcades.
SF I liked and played competitive as a kid till SF3, which I did not like. Always was a casual MK fan and got bored with the series after MK4.
These days I'm just a casual fighter, alternating between KoF 2002 UM, SF4, and UMK3. Without the arcades fighting games just don't have the same allure to me.

Swigen

Arbiter
I’m enjoying DOA 5 right now, can’t say I’m particularly all that serious about it though. I just mash punch and kick and look a panties for a few minutes then go back to playing ELEX.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I hope the both of you aren't serious right now. Pre-ordering as a concept is cancerous and must be purged.
Normally i'd agree, but when it comes to pre-order bonus waifus and waifu outfits, a man can only be so principled before he breaks and gives in.
Who's you're waifu, so I can call her shit.

Claire Rieveldt....
Claire redfield is the superior choice. Especially remake redfield,whose cuteness has been perfectly captured by capcom.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I was an almost serious SF4 player.

But nowadays I prefer casual Tekken button mashing + beer + friends. Anything with mash-friendly mechanics and cute waifus will do.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm a casual fighting game player who likes to learn moves/combos and refresh memories from time to time, but not in a full turbo autist mode. Like for many others Mortal Kombat trilogy was the first true fighting experience. I remember arcade machines had upped difficulty settings to drain people from coins faster.

Later on Virtua Fighter 2 and Tekken 3 on emulator. After discovering MAME I spent lot of time on KoF 98 (Still my favourite and can't force myself to like 20xx), Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, SNK vs. Capcom, Darkstalkers, Killer Instinct and every other title with great 2d graphics. I still need to play more SF: Alpha 3 since I enjoyed the first one so much.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I used to play a few with my brother and his friends, but the arcade experience went past me. I do appreciate those that are good at the games, but I honestly can't really enjoy them mostly due to the fact nobody I know does. It's a definitively social and competitive genre, the same reason I can't get into them is the same reason I don't play multiplayer shooters.

No Great Name

Arcane
I've played Smash Bros. Melee competitively for years. Not a traditional fighter by any means, but it's the only multiplayer game that I play anymore. Play time is a mix between practicing tech stuff on my own, competing in my local tournaments once or twice a week, and spending the occasional weekend with some close buddies drinking beer and having a good time with the game.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Street Fighter: HD Remix was my choice fighting game for years. I was really good at it, but SF games have an enormous ceiling in terms of talented players. I beat a guy in the top 10 ranked before, but he quit like a little bitch. He was Guile and I played my usual Bison. After quitting, he challenged me unranked and whooped my ass 0-20 or something. He's still a bitch for quitting, but he was definitely much better than me.

My ranking was awful because everyone quits when you beat them. I never quit when I lost, so my w/l ratio was awful. Anyways, I was pretty solid, but I wasn't great. I heard you have to count pixels or do some weird shit to become a great player. Never wanted to get that good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom