Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is sending a representative to visit inXile

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Given the lack of connection between Planescape: Torment and Torment: Tides of Numenera, was the acquisition of the name simply a marketing gimmick, or was there initially a story that allowed this title to be of greater significance?
Does this really need to be asked? it's not like he's gonna give an honest answer.

Weasel
Does Fargo plan to do something else in the industry after leaving inXile (after WL3 ships), or is his retirement final and complete?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Does this really need to be asked? it's not like he's gonna give an honest answer.

We can ask questions in good faith, hoping for an honest or at least interesting answer. or this is just going to be a complete waste of everyone's time. He could just say 'no comment' and pass on to the next one and at least that would be something.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Really, or have I missed the sarcasm? If that were the case I might even have backed W3.

Bester http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10533
Lead Designer George Ziets and the content team are hard at work hammering down the overall storyline, as well as working on area design and coming up with all kinds of quirky characters and companions to populate Colorado.

??? Do we even have decent users in cali? Ur not sending some cuck that's gonna smile and nod at everything and only ask questions like "what's your favourite game"?

Didn't SMA move to LA? That's like an hour away from inXile.

That would be a fucking delightful article. :cool:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So are we sending a representative to visit, or to interview? Did we book an interview with them? Did they ask for this or did we?
:neveraskedforthis:

My suggestion is to send a visitor with the following message:

Sorry inXile, just letting you know that we're only taking interviews with Tier 1 RPG developers at the moment.

Just so you know, we’re totally not blacklisting you guys, but have been asked to cancel your appointment with us.

Again, sorry about this, I'm not in charge of my scheduling, forum users on RPGCodex are.

I’m sure that you understand.

Also, I do know that breaking trust is a felony for fans, so I would definitely suggest inXile be careful.

Cheers,

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What does one under-performing kickstarter project matter?

I.E. How will this game affect future projects, considering it looks like they used some of the kickstarter monies from Bards Tale to finish Tworment.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
I'm way more interested in how this opportunity came about and if there has been any acknowledgement of how poorly the Gamescom incident was handled than I am in a TTON post mortem or BT4 preview. It's not a grudge so much as an interest in weird behavior and unresolved drama. Telling people they did something they didn't do. Casually pissing off customers that have been very good to you. Sticking by your guns well after the situation could have been a genuine misunderstanding. Etc. Call it immature but if I didn't have an interest in the strange and self destructive I would spend much less time lurking here in the first place. I don't think I can consume 90% stock answers concerning decisions they made re: game development while this is still out there. It is like trying to concentrate on what someone is telling you while they have a massive snot hanging from their nose.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I.E. How will this game affect future projects, considering it looks like they used some of the kickstarter monies from Bards Tale to finish Tworment.

People need to stop with this dumb theory. inXile have a game that brought in 11 million dollars, they didn't need to loot BT4's meager Kickstarter to fund Torment

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Definitely not.

My crystal ball is telling me that if the Codex knew the identity of the interviewer we would tailor the questions according to that Codexer's personality. So we must be kept in the dark.

It is Roguey isn't it?

Nah, Roguey's from the eastern US.

I'm not sure if it's actually a secret tbh, ask DarkUnderlord.
Our representative's identity is being kept under close wraps for confidentiality reasons. Also to ensure the safety of inXile staff by limiting the opportunity for Codexers to bribe our representative into strapping explosives to themselves and taking out the whole lot of 'em.

Likewise, there will be no filming, and the only photos that surface will be highly vetted by said representative.

DarkUnderlord How did this come about? Did they contact you with an offer?
We were contacted by a third party and asked if we thought there was something inXile could do to let inXile address the Codex.

They turned down my Star Stable suggestion, so we're doing this instead.

Here is Gavin’s response to playing Star Stable:
1. Searched Internet for "Star Stable".
2. Found kickass pictures of women on magical horses galloping across lush valleys. Intrigued.
3. Loaded Star Stable website.
4. Free to play up to level 5? Badass!
5. Clicked on GET GAME.
6. "This page requires a browser that supports WebGL."
8. "Click here to find out more."
9. "WebGL is disabled or unavailable."
10. Perform Internet search for "WebGL"
11. Results do not include magical horses.
12. Return to Wasteland 3 development, intent on adding magical horses.​

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't know who this Gevin guy is, but all I get from his quote is fakeness and awkward attempts at sticking his tongue up codex's butt. It's kind of disrespectful to even think these things would go unnoticed.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

People need to stop with this dumb theory. inXile have a game that brought in 11 million dollars, they didn't need to loot BT4's meager Kickstarter to fund Torment
Then I'd like to have an answer to where their multiple delays and dropped content came from, if not a lack of budget.

Mortmal

Arcane
We all know they are sending crispy and for good reasons. Crispy isnt so young anymore, he's starting to be afflicted by alzheimer. Imagine the trouble at inxile when interviewing them ,crispy will start drooling and shitting on the carpet. Thats how the codex avenges itself....

Mustawd

I think it goes without saying that the techland/canceled interview/etc question needs to be asked.

Definitely not.

My crystal ball is telling me that if the Codex knew the identity of the interviewer we would tailor the questions according to that Codexer's personality. So we must be kept in the dark.

It is Roguey isn't it?

Nah, Roguey's from the eastern US.

I'm not sure if it's actually a secret tbh, ask DarkUnderlord.
Our representative's identity is being kept under close wraps for confidentiality reasons. Also to ensure the safety of inXile staff by limiting the opportunity for Codexers to bribe our representative into strapping explosives to themselves and taking out the whole lot of 'em.

Likewise, there will be no filming, and the only photos that surface will be highly vetted by said representative.

It's yourself DU.

You sly bastard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom