Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Love USB

Are you interested in buying a 16 GB USB 3.0 Codex :love: drive?

• Total voters

Caim

Arcane
I do think that $30 is a bit much for a 16GB USB drive. For double that amount I can get a 1TB external hard disc and spend the remaining money on printing a troll sticker, putting it on the drive and donate the remaining money to the Codex for what is likely more than what is made on these things.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Obviously just a plot by DU to get our addresses so we can be doxxed later. :negative:

But seriously, I agree with the point about them being too big and unwieldy to be of use as an actual storage device, they would basically just be a collectible figurine. Also 16GB, what is this, 1885?
It's called being cost effective. 32 GB or larger are pricier. It'd be cheaper ($20 USD) if we just did an 8 GB USB 2.0 but if you're making a shit USB why not a keychain etc.. It's mostly about having something semi-useful with some relevant PC RPG related purpose.

I do think that $30 is a bit much for a 16GB USB drive. For double that amount I can get a 1TB external hard disc and spend the remaining money on printing a troll sticker, putting it on the drive and donate the remaining money to the Codex for what is likely more than what is made on these things.
Yes, but you wouldn't have a love USB.

Why do you not want a love USB?

And what if postage to me only costs $2 because I live in civilization, but costs $29 to send to ClickyClick Sborgenlorgen in Savagelandia.
It doesn't. International postage for a padded envelope was the same everywhere in the world ($2.75 AUD) - other than shit holes nobody actually lives in.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
. International postage for a padded envelope was the same everywhere in the world ($2.75 AUD) - other than shit holes nobody actually lives in.

So that means our Australian viewers will have to pay extra? :troll:

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
As proud owner of the first original Codex USB stick, I have to underline that the USB functionality is absolutely negligible. I couldn't even properly use the USB troll with my laptop since the torso is too wide and would have blocked me from using other connected devices.

As alternative, it would be thrilling to have a Codex figurine like this guy (with bobblehead or not, I don't care):

Vaultboy-001.jpg

butchy

Prospernaut
It's called being cost effective. 32 GB or larger are pricier. It'd be cheaper ($20 USD) if we just did an 8 GB USB 2.0 but if you're making a shit USB why not a keychain etc.. It's mostly about having something semi-useful with some relevant PC RPG related purpose.

Yes, but you wouldn't have a love USB.

Why do you not want a love USB?

It doesn't. International postage for a padded envelope was the same everywhere in the world ($2.75 AUD) - other than shit holes nobody actually lives in.

You didn't answer why you want us to finance sending developers free stuff. If they really wanted one they can afford to buy one. I would rather any proceeds go towards helping little black babies. Helping little black babies all starving and addicted to crack like is their want is a much better use of money than sending it to ConsoleSven or other rich cocksuckers. At least send them something they'd actually use - like a gold plated controller.

butchy

Prospernaut
Why don't you love Twitter pictures of our Trolls in developers hands /desks ? Oh wait.. it's butchy..

I don't understand. What does being me have to do with loving pictures of trolls in developers hands? Are you saying everyone but me, of course, loves it and that is what motivates them to want to subsidize the purchase of trolls for themselves?

I would gladly pay money to see a picture of a developer like ConsoleSven smashing whatever consoles are hot right now, apologizing for saying he prefers to play console games with controllers, and vowing only to make crpgs for crpg players going forward.

I'd pay money for Obsidian to make Tim Cain the lead developer on another Greyhawk adventure module with the 5the edition ruleset.

I'd pay money to see a picture of inXile hiring Jason Anderson and making him lead developer of a new inXile section deveoted to only making real crpgs.

I'd pay money fund Guido Heinkelstein's kickstarter game.

I'd pay money for a real crpg developer to hire Leonard Bumdrowski from Blizzard to make real crpgs again.

I'd pay money for the same team that made MMX to make MMXI

I'd pay money for VD to dump his retarded and ridiculous recruitable mercenary idea for his next game and allow full party creation like almost every great crpg does.

I'd pay money for ecstasy and heroin and prostitutes.

I'd pay money for decent crpgs.

I'd pay money to change this site from being controlled by dimwitted lemmings completely devoid of originality and capable of only regurgitating the same old shit over and over to being controlled by sharp and knowledgeable people who have played and loved crpgs from the start like it used to be when I first started posting here.

I'd pay money to have my wife's voice box removed.

I'd pay money to anyone who could convince my wife to drug our kid's with Ritalin until the are immobile and silent, but alive, until they are 30 or so years old.

I'd pay money for a case of Milwaukee's Best Ice.

I'd pay money for laser hair removal on my butthole so I didn't get so many dingle berries

Etc.

There are a lot of things I'd pay for, but pictures of people holding trolls isn't one of them, no matter what the context is. If that makes me some sort of idiot in the eyes of the likes of the people who would pay money for that....all the better.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've added two additional poll options.

You can change your vote in this poll.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I've added two additional poll options.

You can change your vote in this poll.

You forgot the option for I will buy anything with a Codex troll on it, whether it has no discernible functionality or is actively malignant, just to scare the people at work when I leave it permanently on my desk.

On that note, how about a Codex USB foam rocket launcher?

Edit: I'd agree with some on here that a Codex USB device is probably not going to get used much, so ditch the internals and present us with something we can put on display.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'd order a couple if it were indeed :love: trolls, the default troll is just too angry.
Scratch that, I can't read. I am on board. Please nothing written on it. Just the Troll. With a heart.

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
I don't get it why you guys are complaining that it's expensive. The point isn't to get a good bang for your buck, the point is to give money to DU for whores and cocaine hosting fees and sending JarlFrank to conventions to lick developers' feet, and you are just paying for the novelty and to support the codex, not to actually use a great dongle or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom