Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Referendum: Should there be an unbrofist feature?

Should there be an unbrofist feature?

• Total voters

Texas Red

Whiner
The brofist function was created so that you would not need to write pointless one liners. It is only logical for an unbrofist feature to be implemented, if only to reduce the number of disagreeing one liners (aka spam).

I'd think everyone would take pleasure in passing judgement without having to delurk.

Norfleet

I think that this should be the ONLY option. Everyone knows there is no such thing as good, only the absence of suck. The brofist feature creates the misleading impression that we actually like things. Surely this cannot stand. Liking things is not properly Monocle at all.

TripJack

Hedonist
there already is an unbrofist feature

op is faggot referendum is invalid

20 Eyes

Liturgist
A while ago, someone had the suggestion for a 'Butthurt' button that would say something like "Ultimafag1982, dwarfsdoitbetter, PCmasterrace, and 6 others have been butthurt by this post". I like that. You could have a Butthurt Generated stat.

Texas Red

Whiner
The will of the people is clearer and clearer, DU. Will you submit to the popular demand?

Texas Red

Whiner
Finally you have a correct avatar and your old title back. :salute:

The difference between me and you is that where I disagree with your views, I will also fight for your right to have them.

If the Codex, by popular consent, refuses the unbrofist feature, then I support this view. If it does, I will fight for the right of the people to have it.

Johannes

Arcane
I know it will really be more like the BUTTHURT feature but most sites that let you vote up let you vote down.

The ideal would be:

Brofists
Bitchslaps (antibrofists)
Buttenhurzen (how many bitchslaps you've given out)
That's a good idea actually.

When you view someones profile you see how many fists they've gotten and how many slaps they've handed out. Whereas you cannot see how many fists you've given and how many slaps received.

Of course the single posts show everything, which is more important anyway - to judge the consensus on a posts, not so crucially on posters.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I only brofist if someone makes me laugh. Isn't agreeing or not agreeing with people, what the comments are for?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think the creation of polls in site feedback should be restricted to people with a thousand brofists or more to cut down on the number of frivolous polls.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think the creation of polls in site feedback should be restricted to people with a thousand brofists or more to cut down on the number of frivolous polls.

Naw, because then DU couldn't do appropriate Choice and Consequences for people making frivolous polls. Case in point: this thread. Texas Red now has his appropriate avatar and his old title back.

Choice and Consequences bitches.

Texas Red

Whiner
I never asked for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom