Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has acquired the trademark for Torment (but not Planescape)

Gondolin

Arcane
While hyping a game that's still in pre-production can't hurt, I think Avellone will end up naming it Plain: Torment. At least HHR can be happy. The Codex is doing the Christian thing by bringing the gospel (good news) to the world.

Moribund

A droglike
In all seriousness, I'd like to have a game that centers on morte. It starts with him fully embodied and ends with him on the pillar of skulls.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That would be interesting, but meh, just putting it in the Torment universe, or making it torment like in terms of quality is more than enough for me.
I'd still prefer turn based combat tho.

Wizfall

Cipher
Fucking Roguey, you good !
Those supposedly journalists can't compete with your Codexian stalking skill :brodex:

mondblut

Arcane
Also, we probably have singlehandedly botched the dramatic announcement countdown, costing a future kickstarter hundreds of hype-driven donations :troll:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
A RPG taking place in a multi-verse is always welcome, just saying.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, we probably have singlehandedly botched the dramatic announcement countdown, costing a future kickstarter hundreds of hype-driven donations

Either way, Roguey is pleased.

:smug:

EDIT: From now on anybody who ninja's my posts is banned4life.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Or it's all part of their plan and we're just puppets. Otherwise they wouldn't have dropped the hints that got us to it.

Fargo is totally like: Yeah, dance, Codex, dance!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So CMcC is Robin going to be laying down some bass tracks for this? :) I'm still skeptical about how much you've learned since Fallout 2 and Torment but that would help win me over.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Even though I am a rabid Torment fanboy I can't really get excited about it, huh..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So CMcC is Robin going to be laying down some bass tracks for this? :) I'm still skeptical about how much you've learned since Fallout 2 and Torment but that would help win me over.

Welcome aboard, agent. Which Robin are you referring to?

EDIT: Oh, his wife.

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer

I would certainly be happy to introduce her to the powers-that-be - but she seems pretty happy not being in the music industry. You know what, let me ask her. Hang on.

(a couple minutes later)

She says she could be talked into it. Maybe drag SMP back too.

Hormalakh

Magister
Seriously, it's fucking nuts that one of ours scooped the prufeshunals.

Go Roguey go!
:excellent:

Well when the "professionals" are busy sucking Dorito's flavored ****, obviously it's only left up to the Codex. Seriously impressed.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Funny. I thought I'd be more extatic than I feel now. I think I am getting too old for this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny. I thought I'd be more extatic than I feel now. I think I am getting too old for this.

I'd say there's not really anything to be ecstatic about yet. For now, this is merely an interesting piece of information.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, I have fond memories of the mid-90s. There was nothing quite like opening up that Planescape Campaign Setting while listening to goth music and realizing I'd just spent 2 weeks worth of lunch cigarette money on D&D.

almondblight

Arcane

Yeah. We already knew there was a PST "spiritual successor" coming up. Seeing as it won't take place in Sigil, and probably won't have TNO, it seems like owning the Torment rights is mostly going to help with advertising. But hey, whatever makes the KS a success.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom