Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Company News Codex Scoop: inXile to develop Autoduel car RPG at new New Orleans studio?

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Would this be the first inXile RPG with autocombat?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd

The point of Fig is to encourage big spenders to migrate from KS. In addition, they want to attract new individual investors to video games via the Fig Platform.

To me it seems studos like inXile and Obsidian are in a small bind:

1. Ignore the Fig platform because it's still fledgling and they need to get their own projects funded. Negative side is that it makes Fig look less legit. In addition, if a journalist wanted to bust balls that's exactly the type of question you ask: Why haven't you figstarted your own games if you believe in this platform?

2. Figstart your game and not meet the funding goal or not get as much funding.

3. Do both and just confuse your funding base. It also takes away some of the concentration of crowdsourced money to hit specific stretch goals that help make the game better and build hype (e.g. I'm now hyped about D:OS2's GM mode).

Of course, this all assumes that investors even give a shit that Obsidian or inXile aren't funding their own game son Fig. If not, then the studios can go on their merry way with small projects on Fig, while it grows, and continue Kickstarting their own games in the meantime. I'm guessing this is their plan. If/when Fig becomes a big hit and success story, that's when you can migrate to it and make a big deal about competing with Kickstarter.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    More details on inXile New Orleans: http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2015/10/inxile_to_open_oak_street_offi.html

Matt Findley will be in charge.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. khavi Learned Patron

khavi
    BattleTech
    ^ Top  
  5. Crescent Hawk Arbiter

Crescent Hawk
    I enjoyed the latest mad max game, even with the batman combat, its quite a solid triple A game. Wish there was somehow an opportunity to improve it and implement a decent story and rpg mechanics.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Alchemist Arcane

Alchemist
    A new 6th edition of Car Wars is still in the works, I hear. That Arenas thing was just an expansion of Classic Car Wars.

^ Top  
  7. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Fargo pulling a Kurt schilling...

One day there won't be a kickstarter to fund everyone of their games, and those tax handouts will come calling back once the layoffs start... And Fargo will realize that living off handouts is not a business plan.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. tyrannosaurus rex Unwanted Douchebag! Shitposter

Unwanted
    Probably because it's an unsettling crime hole with roaming gangs. Wish they would drop the bullshit speak sometimes.

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Metro can tell you whether that's true.

^ Top  
  10. tyrannosaurus rex Unwanted Douchebag! Shitposter

Unwanted
    Quebec has the distinct inconvenient of speaking Baguette gibberish

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. gromit Arcane

gromit
    Fixed. Well, mostly.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    ^ Top  
  12. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Downtown is a standard collection of highrise office space. It's close a lot of local attractions but I can see why they went with the Oak Street location. As I mentioned in the other thread Oak Street is sort of a 'college' area dotted with restaurants and coffee shops. More laid back. Downtown is a pain in the ass to commute to (tons of traffic and terrible street access). Public transportation is also pretty mediocre compared to major cities.

Google Map link to Mellow Mushroom pizza chain just to give you an idea of the area:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xf108e7903565399d

^ Top  
  13. BobNotHerbert Novice

BobNotHerbert
    Holy shit, I work a couple of minutes away from the new place...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Looks like a sim city...city with all the perfect square blocks

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd

I love Mellow Mushroom.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. tyrannosaurus rex Unwanted Douchebag! Shitposter

Unwanted

When you don't know better you can't see the shit for what it is.

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I've lived in New Orleans, Boston, Nashville, the DC suburbs, and even New York (albeit briefly). New Orleans isn't any worse than an average city... unless you live in some lily white European country. The area around Oak Street isn't exactly upper class but it's certainly no ghetto.

^ Top  
  18. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Nice, the Incline continues as Sven and Fargo look towards the future; that pair will always get my future pledges although that fig thingy sounds kind if fishy until you realize the developers want to create their own plataforms and keep that nice 20% (I always hear Alan Rickman when I say that phrase)
    And adapting the original Van Buren to Wasteland would be easy peazy; most of the Fallout factions were originally based off Wasteland factions to begin with

^ Top  
  19. Trojan_generic Magister

Trojan_generic
    Now: Autoduel
    Next, I wish: Roadwar 2000 / Roadwar Europa

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    New Orleans is 60% black and its median income is $37,146 (contrast that with Newport Beach's which is $109,677) so Jindal's plan is likely gentrification. Thanks for your part in fucking over poor people, Fargo. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt
    One wonders how their surroundings will influence their future creative output...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    I'm still waiting for somebody to photoshop the cover of A Confederacy of Dunces.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Hello, my name is Brian Fargo. You may know me from Interplay and all the games I helped publish.

But the one game that everyone has always asked me about and told me to bring back... was Autoduel.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  24. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Why anyone would voluntarily move to New Orleans is beyond me. Louisiana is the armpit of America. Those must be some spectacular "tax breaks".

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)