Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Good shit.

Thanks for grabbing me gayme CryptRat, I'll put your money to good use!
BOOZE AND HOOKERS
...and Steam release...
...and Das Geisterschiff 2!
and page me when your game is out, imma gonna buy meself THWG extended cut and jerk off all day long

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I had to give my characters underwear.

When you take off their armor, they were naked. But then Steam made developers fill out a form describing very precisely what kind of adult content is in your game. I admitted to nudity, pixellated though it was. And that changed the entire "games like this" list to company I'd rather not be in. So I had to add underwear.

HS_Underwear.jpg

Characters from old saved games may not have the right underwear sprite. For a while, the slimes in the game even had bras and panties. That's fixed now, but the dudes still have a surprise for you under their armor.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
How am I to imagine a hot pink haired white girl character blowing me that has no mouth?

This is a serious question that needs answered.

The only one that appears to have a mouth is the monkey looking dude in the back row...And he's not getting anywhere near my junk...and he's wearing a bra.

Also, remove the PoCs, they look disgusting.

Zep--

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
So after playing Pathfinder:Kingmaker a bunch, I was inspirted and looked on the Unity Asset Store and Unreal Marketplace for some kind of d20 game kit. I couldn't find anything. Would this be something developers are interested in?

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
It would have all of the code to make a d20-style game in Unity or Unreal. Basically a character creator + turn based combat system with all of the classes, feats, and spells that could reasonably be implemented in a computer game. Minus any art/animation of course. I'm surprised that no one has thought to make something like that and sell it.

Mustawd

It would have all of the code to make a d20-style game in Unity or Unreal. Basically a character creator + turn based combat system with all of the classes, feats, and spells that could reasonably be implemented in a computer game. Minus any art/animation of course. I'm surprised that no one has thought to make something like that and sell it.

Iceblink Engine already exists, so....

Iceblink Engine already exists, so....

IceBlink is great, but with all due respect it's only suitable for hobby projects. I could see a d20 kit for Unity being very useful.

I've been on vacation and haven't touched my project at all, but I'll have a working title announcement and some new videos when I get back.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer

If it was easy to use and change, then yes, it's definitely something I would be interested in. If it is hardcoded to the point that you can't alter the feats or spells or whatever, then it won't be as much use.

Mustawd

V_K

Arcane

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
ORK framework for Unity does look interesting, but could it emulate the clusterfuck of rules that make up the 3.5 or Pathfinder SRD? It looks more like a tool for making JRPGs.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
IceBlink is great, but with all due respect it's only suitable for hobby projects.

Doesn't prevent you from making money with it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.lanternaexile

Given the price and that the only review is from the dev himself, calling it "making money" seems a bit generous. :lol:

Iceblink apps in total have grossed a whopping $1,250 since 2014 on Google Play so yeah, more a hobby. It was always meant as a hobby project and never was intended to be a money making venture (I have a very good job already, but IB is what I enjoy working on, thus the hobby). The paid apps were only offered as a way to help pay for the website server fees, Apple annual dev fee, and mac mini for compiling iOS apps (mostly so my "hobby" doesn't cost anything other than my time to the wifey). All other IB modules are free of course.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Other interesting numbers for those curious:
Google Play since 2014:
Hearkenwold: 28.7k downloads, 798 ratings, 4.35 overall rating
The Raventhal: 27.2k downloads, 1287 ratings, 4.11 overall rating
Red Carnival: 6.3k downloads, 316 ratings, 4.21 overall rating
The Birthday: 5.3k downloads, 303 ratings, 4.27 overall rating
App Store since September:
The Raventhal: 330 downloads, 11 ratings, 4.5

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Fellow Thief fans (skacky included), I'm glad to announce that your favorite classic SWOOP(tm) mechanic will end up in DG2.

Dungeon Crawler genre is old and outdated, so we've decided to invent a brand new (tm) genre -- Rooftop Leaper.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I had to give my characters underwear.

When you take off their armor, they were naked. But then Steam made developers fill out a form describing very precisely what kind of adult content is in your game. I admitted to nudity, pixellated though it was. And that changed the entire "games like this" list to company I'd rather not be in. So I had to add underwear.

HS_Underwear.jpg

Characters from old saved games may not have the right underwear sprite. For a while, the slimes in the game even had bras and panties. That's fixed now, but the dudes still have a surprise for you under their armor.

Is it because there was full Frontal Nudity?
How do games like Witcher 3 avoid being lumped in with Low Budget Hentai Story Books?

so this is day 5 of work, we're currently on day 7 and all the weird camera stutters are fixed now but this is my thing im making.. its surrealist and its a game where you're a small town gardener who moonlights as a cybernetic killing machine in an environment that i havent decided on yet

probs wont finish it, idk, but we're having fun and we're super dedicated to the point where it's taken over our lives--or at least mine and the programmer's.

sorry for the shit video btw still figuring out obs.

Nice Ground detection jumping on those steps.. (if you wrote it yourself) your fall speed feels a little floaty though, especially when walking off platforms. Might want to accelerate your gravity speed over time, it didn't seem like an issue during your jump, just when you walked off platforms - could be the camera angle too, with no shadow for reference it's hard to see how high those platforms are.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Immortal I'm not entirely sure. I actually just now searched for it. In the search results, Steam told me that some number of games, including Witcher 3, had been hidden because of my preferences. (I got tired of seeing hentai in the new and recommended games, so I told Steam to hide everything with nudity and sexual content.) Here's my best guess at how it works for now.

RPGs that have nudity and sexual content, with low numbers of players, with few or no reviews, all have nudity and sexual content as their most prominent features, and they get associated with each other. RPGs that have nudity and sexual content but a high number of players and reviews get a more detailed analysis from Steam. Those games probably also have more varied user-defined tags. So although the Witcher 3 has nudity and sexual content, its popularity, the other games played by its playerbase, and the varied user-defined tags associate the game with Shadow of War, the Elder Scrolls games, and Dragon's Dogma, instead of Ecchi Playtime: Playground Perverts 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom