Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by DarkUnderlord, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Michael Ellis Scholar Patron

Michael Ellis
    Project: Eternity
    I have no special request.
    Thank you MCA!

^ Top  
  2. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Image1.png

It's ok, that's in Australian dollars.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  3. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    :bravo:

Who would have ever thought the Codex could be such a group of true :bro: bros?!!:love:

^ Top  
  4. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    It took 10 fucking years to finally see the INCLINE of cRPG's. And the codex was a proud sponsor.

:TearOfAnEagle:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. cutterjohn Cipher

cutterjohn
    Sorry to say that I didn't contribute as I recall the original game as I(well my parents) bought it and I had fun with it, but I would NOT like to see it faithfully reproduced today, and besides I was never really sold on the post-apocalyptic crap RPGs as they weren't all that wonderful beyond the fanboi maundering that they weren't somehow less cliched than better developed and fleshed out fantasy RPGs.

Personally I would have contributed the minimal amt. to get the game had I been aware of this kickstarter thingy at the time, but I'd be MUCH MORE INCLINED to grossly OVERFUND something like Darklands 2, or a REAL NW Bard's Tale sandbox game(presuming retention of RPG rules and mechanisms).

Post-apocalyptic is just well.. yeah well to me. The ONLY reason that I ever campaigned to buy Wateland, and then purchased Fallout 1&2 on my own were siply that they were decent RPGs even though I'm not a fan of post-apocalyptic genre, along with fucking zombies/vampires/fuckall weirdo occultic shit which seems to be pre-occupying an unnatural proportion of developers today, well except the dimwits that made the ultra yawn Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning... reckoning their bankruptcy I imagine...

^ Top  
  6. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    So. Has anyone who's played the beta seen the Codex location or whatever it is meant to be? Or will this only be included in the final version?

^ Top  
  7. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I don't even remember what we ended up with...

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  8. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    After contacting everyone who didn't say they'd pass, we still have 10 Wasteland 2 keys (Steam or GOG) left. If you donated to our fundraiser, didn't get a key from us, and would like one. Now is your time to PM me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    I can't remember if I donated or not. I apparently donated to the D:OS one but forgot about it, so I might have donated to this as well. Can you check? It would have been my nick and hotmail, probably, through PayPal.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)