Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by DarkUnderlord, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Updated the list of donors. PM me about any issues or corrections.

Note: Another batch has come in while I was updating. I'll have to get to those tomorrow.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. jiujitsu Cipher

jiujitsu
    Project: Eternity
    It's already at almost $840,000... This is crazy awesome

^ Top  
  3. LeStryfe79 Deal Breaker Patron

LeStryfe79
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    DU might wanna go ahead and make the donation. The 10k pledges are gone, and the 5k pledges are sure to follow suit. I'm sure Fargo will work out something with us regardless though.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Ion Flux Savant

Ion Flux
    In related news, the WL2 is < $50K off its target after what, 3 days now? Looking to go well over $1M in the first week.

^ Top  
  5. Ion Flux Savant

Ion Flux

Eek! You've got our RL names in that list! My anonymity! :lol:

^ Top  
  6. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    That was you? Well that's awsome.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Yeah, some people who donated via eCheck I've ended up listing twice just because of how it was formatted (would also explain why my original total didn't match up to Taluntain's heh). I'll fix it tomorrow when I go through the list again and re-check.

^ Top  
  8. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    If all of the money donated this month goes toward WL2, and it gets to 10k, why not get the shrine and then donate some toward the lower tiers. Like $15 copies of the game for people that donated?

If we could get a confirmation on this I'd be willing to withdraw my direct Kickstarter pledge and put it toward the statue thing instead. I suppose this might be too much work, though? I'm not sure.

^ Top  
  9. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    Alright I've made my small contribution to the Statue Initiative™. I decided to go all in for the codex instead of splitting it up into part codex + part kickstarter.

cheers bros [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    We are already gonna get 30 game licenses, we could see who in the list doesn't need then (because bought the boxed one, like me), and see if that's enough for everybody. If not, we could exchange the physhical rewards for more licenses for everybody. :)

^ Top  
  11. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Because a different person would have to make each donation, and that kind of defeats the point of grouping them together. I think it'd be better to try to work something out with BF if there are more needy donators than available copies.

^ Top  
  12. Ion Flux Savant

Ion Flux
    You're a true patriot, btw. Thanks for hucking in so much cash. I am genuinely excited about this.

^ Top  
  13. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    Ah, I didn't realize you couldn't make multiple donations at different levels. Yeah, that's too much of a pain in the ass then. I apologize for not being able to contribute to this, though. I can barely justify forking out $65 for a game that might suck, let alone never show up.

^ Top  
  14. Angelo85 Prophet

Angelo85
    As a wise group of long haired individuals once said: Don't stop believin'. And as other bros already said before: It's more than about a single game in this special case. It's equally about the question if there is still hope for the Genre in general (as in "is it potentially profitable to develop a RPG in the "old" fashion" for a major Publisher/Investor/Developer) as well.

See it more as an investment into the future of RPG development. And as a special reward for your good deed in the end perhaps you even receive a game that - after a long row of disappointments - might actually not suck donkey balls :).

Never give up hope Stabwound!

^ Top  
  15. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  16. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
  17. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    MCA is a bro of the highest order.

Gay fanboyism, but I wish he'd post here. If we weren't such assholes that scare off ever developer I'm sure he would.

^ Top  
  18. Beautiful Clown Painting Arcane

Beautiful Clown Painting
    Did my duty.
    If I'm in the first 30, I'd like to have a digital cpy for I didn't give directly to the Kickstart (shame on me, whatever).

Copied & pasted from the first thread about the fundraising, my idea of the Codexia location, I think it wouldn't be too self-conscious:

Codexia: an abandoned cyclopean village full of crazy denizens drifting amongst the ruins, uttering insane sentences.
    Skyway: "Banal...Shit...Boring...Everywhere!"
    Melcar: "Cheap whores...Come on, it's payday...Oy my head."
    Prosper: "Rain! It needs glorious rain and swamps!"
    Dicksmoker: "Shut up everyone! I once more hear the tolling of a great bell! It's calling me!"
    Glyphwright: "Shells in the night! Shells in the night!"
    (...)
    A lot of unnamed NPCs: "Potato!" "Somebody must have hidden potato."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    The codex statue should have a button that crashes the game and flips you a goatse

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You bastards, now I'll have to top up to more than $50 to get a copy.

Saving up...

^ Top  
  21. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    not necessarily bro, a lot of bros have pledged to the kickstarter too and dont need a copy through the codex donation

^ Top  
  22. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Self-Ejected
    I just got my account upgraded, totally bypassing the Codex Circlejerk Shrine thingie. Good luck and enjoy your troll statue!

^ Top  
  23. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    i would like to participate but ran out of muniez for this month. will this drive still be active in two weeks?

^ Top  
  24. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    I think it should be active for the duration of WL2 Kickstarter minus one or two days. Who knows, maybe we will make it to $10K if the word gets around NMA, DAC, ITS etc.

^ Top  
  25. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yes. I believe we'll contact Fargo to negotiate everything ASAP once we hit $5000 -- but we should definitely keep it running, because the more money we collect, the more expansive our in-game presence will be. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)