Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

Stabwound

Arcane
If all of the money donated this month goes toward WL2, and it gets to 10k, why not get the shrine and then donate some toward the lower tiers. Like $15 copies of the game for people that donated?

If we could get a confirmation on this I'd be willing to withdraw my direct Kickstarter pledge and put it toward the statue thing instead. I suppose this might be too much work, though? I'm not sure.

TripJack

Hedonist
Alright I've made my small contribution to the Statue Initiative™. I decided to go all in for the codex instead of splitting it up into part codex + part kickstarter.

cheers bros
1fhglk.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If all of the money donated this month goes toward WL2, and it gets to 10k, why not get the shrine and then donate some toward the lower tiers. Like $15 copies of the game for people that donated?

If we could get a confirmation on this I'd be willing to withdraw my direct Kickstarter pledge and put it toward the statue thing instead. I suppose this might be too much work, though? I'm not sure.
We are already gonna get 30 game licenses, we could see who in the list doesn't need then (because bought the boxed one, like me), and see if that's enough for everybody. If not, we could exchange the physhical rewards for more licenses for everybody. :)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Because a different person would have to make each donation, and that kind of defeats the point of grouping them together. I think it'd be better to try to work something out with BF if there are more needy donators than available copies.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Eek! You've got our RL names in that list! My anonymity! :lol:
Yeah, some people who donated via eCheck I've ended up listing twice just because of how it was formatted (would also explain why my original total didn't match up to Taluntain's heh). I'll fix it tomorrow when I go through the list again and re-check.
You're a true patriot, btw. Thanks for hucking in so much cash. I am genuinely excited about this.

Stabwound

Arcane

Because a different person would have to make each donation, and that kind of defeats the point of grouping them together. I think it'd be better to try to work something out with BF if there are more needy donators than available copies.
Ah, I didn't realize you couldn't make multiple donations at different levels. Yeah, that's too much of a pain in the ass then. I apologize for not being able to contribute to this, though. I can barely justify forking out $65 for a game that might suck, let alone never show up.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I can barely justify forking out MY PRECIOUS for a game that might suck, let alone never show up.

As a wise group of long haired individuals once said: Don't stop believin'. And as other bros already said before: It's more than about a single game in this special case. It's equally about the question if there is still hope for the Genre in general (as in "is it potentially profitable to develop a RPG in the "old" fashion" for a major Publisher/Investor/Developer) as well.

See it more as an investment into the future of RPG development. And as a special reward for your good deed in the end perhaps you even receive a game that - after a long row of disappointments - might actually not suck donkey balls :).

Never give up hope Stabwound!

Stabwound

Arcane
MCA is a bro of the highest order.

Gay fanboyism, but I wish he'd post here. If we weren't such assholes that scare off ever developer I'm sure he would.

Did my duty.
If I'm in the first 30, I'd like to have a digital cpy for I didn't give directly to the Kickstart (shame on me, whatever).

Copied & pasted from the first thread about the fundraising, my idea of the Codexia location, I think it wouldn't be too self-conscious:

Codexia: an abandoned cyclopean village full of crazy denizens drifting amongst the ruins, uttering insane sentences.
Skyway: "Banal...Shit...Boring...Everywhere!"
Melcar: "Cheap whores...Come on, it's payday...Oy my head."
Prosper: "Rain! It needs glorious rain and swamps!"
Dicksmoker: "Shut up everyone! I once more hear the tolling of a great bell! It's calling me!"
Glyphwright: "Shells in the night! Shells in the night!"
(...)
A lot of unnamed NPCs: "Potato!" "Somebody must have hidden potato."

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You bastards, now I'll have to top up to more than $50 to get a copy.

Saving up...

TripJack

Hedonist
not necessarily bro, a lot of bros have pledged to the kickstarter too and dont need a copy through the codex donation

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I just got my account upgraded, totally bypassing the Codex Circlejerk Shrine thingie. Good luck and enjoy your troll statue!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i would like to participate but ran out of muniez for this month. will this drive still be active in two weeks?

MCA
I think it should be active for the duration of WL2 Kickstarter minus one or two days. Who knows, maybe we will make it to $10K if the word gets around NMA, DAC, ITS etc.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
i would like to participate but ran out of muniez for this month. will this drive still be active in two weeks?

Yes. I believe we'll contact Fargo to negotiate everything ASAP once we hit $5000 -- but we should definitely keep it running, because the more money we collect, the more expansive our in-game presence will be. :)

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Should I get a digital copy in the Codex Competition you can donate it to the nearest hermit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The $10,000 level packages are already sold out -- I'm sure you could persuade Fargo to do it anyway should the Codex total get that high. Well, the shrine not the party part. And more copies for those that donate but don't have one already via the kickstarter.

Kitako

Arcane
For 10k we should ask to add bloom and depth of field to the game.

You know, for immersion and emotional engagement.

Edit: holy hell, I left work yesterday and it was at 650k, now is 925k. Definetly the game will happen, target of 900 passed

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Well I coughed up some more monies(10$) since they reached their goal and the Codex fund is going that well too

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
*small donation towards codex*
I may regret this but what the hell, this is life, I'm not going to be forever unemployed...right? Right???

Peter

Arcane
You guys could always donate the $5000 to Kickstarter to secure a statue and then keep the fundraiser running.

Still haven't donated anything to the statue fund. Feels bad, but literally have no money.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gave what I can atm (15$) to the Codex shrine cause. Will be upping when I get my moniez later this month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom