Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

EG

Nullified
$15 more donated to the Codex.

I'm done with you people.

Bunch of freaks . . . You couldn't even sell me PC Gamer demo disks! Or, for that matter, submit a backup of the FanMadeFallout site to the Internet Archive or worthy torrent host.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well goddamit i have to be in the top 30.

I donated again to top the amount DU mentioned.

This game better deliver my precious jewgold's worth.

grotsnik

Arcane
Heh - the Codex statue's been mentioned on NMA, SomethingAwful, RPS and Neogaf, and at least one friendly sucker in each thread has said they wouldn't mind chipping in to see it happen. Well...not RPS, they mostly just complained about the site. But still. Nice to see.

Also donated.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I don't think that the devs will put in the game something that will look out of place and break the setting. They will probably make it an isnside joke between them and the donator. I doubt that non-informed players will even notice that some locations, objects and NPCs are somehow based on the backers.

I sure hope that's the case.

But they should make one exception. :obviously:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Pledged on Kickstarter and donated to the Codex.

The thing that motivates me most personally is this:

Brian Fargo said:
The storyline for Wasteland 2 was written by Jason Anderson who was the co-creator of Fallout.

A shame they won't get Tim Cain to work on this as well

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just got my account upgraded, totally bypassing the Codex Circlejerk Shrine thingie. Good luck and enjoy your troll statue!
All the money paid to the RPG Codex PayPal account for the duration of the W2 Kickstater will go to supporting W2, that includes account upgrade payments. You'll sill get your months-worth of patron tag, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't go to W2 and the Codex statue.

Lexx

Cipher
Did threw in some $20 into the box just right now. Was as much as I could do this month, after my $250 for Wasteland 2.

fumffup

Novice
Thought I'd finally sign up an account since I've been lurking this forum since... forever, or probably when NMA didn't give me enough scepticism towards FO3. Hey, turns out I had an account on my email, what do you know.

Anyway, I'm going to chip in 20$ or so.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i would like to participate but ran out of muniez for this month. will this drive still be active in two weeks?

Yes. I believe we'll contact Fargo to negotiate everything ASAP once we hit $5000 -- but we should definitely keep it running, because the more money we collect, the more expansive our in-game presence will be. :)

Is Black Cat gonna donate? :deadhorse:

Angthoron

Arcane
The bigger question I'm sure is on everyone's minds is - did Prosper donate one of the 5K donations to have a statue to his art?

Deleted member 7219

Threw in a little bit of money, thought it was about time I paid my way here and after seeing the abysmal ending to Mass Effect 3, and hearing Obsidian (one of my favourite studios) is falling on hard times... well, I want to see the old guys come back.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
i would like to participate but ran out of muniez for this month. will this drive still be active in two weeks?

Yes. I believe we'll contact Fargo to negotiate everything ASAP once we hit $5000 -- but we should definitely keep it running, because the more money we collect, the more expansive our in-game presence will be. :)

Is Black Cat gonna donate? :deadhorse:
She'll make her boyfriend donate in her name to prove his love to her :D

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Crooked Bee

I noticed on the kickstarter page that there's only 4 of 10 remaining entries on the 5k$ pledges.

Is our pledge seperate from this limit (assuming we manage to gather the jewgoldz required), or are we basically boned if 4 philantropists decide they want in before we finish the donation drive? Since it seems like Fargo is aware of our donation drive, what are the odds of him agreeing to hold one of the slots in reserve for us until, say, April 1st so those of us waiting for our paychecks can make a more Majestic™ pledge?

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Send 3$ for the codex shrine - my last muniez on prepaid, i'm unemployed and don't have more muniez to support the kickstarter tho :(. Can I get a digital copy from the codex shrine pretty please? :)

So how does the Codex statue fund look currently? I recently decided I would give up some of my stolen hard earned Jew golds for Wasteland 2. If we are still short of the goal I might consider chipping in a symbolic amount of 10 USD or so to help even though parting with my cash is painful.

hiver

We dont need to be one of those, Brian said himself that we can work something out regardless of that.

HAHA!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Crooked Bee

I noticed on the kickstarter page that there's only 4 of 10 remaining entries on the 5k$ pledges.

Is our pledge seperate from this limit (assuming we manage to gather the jewgoldz required), or are we basically boned if 4 philantropists decide they want in before we finish the donation drive? Since it seems like Fargo is aware of our donation drive, what are the odds of him agreeing to hold one of the slots in reserve for us until, say, April 1st so those of us waiting for our paychecks can make a more Majestic™ pledge?

I trust Fargo would be nice enough to consider this shrine outside of the rewards already offered on Kickstarter. Many of the Codexers here both donated to the fund and paid for a game proper via Kickstarter, so in essence they bought like... 2 copies. Each. You try getting any Codexer to buy (real money) 2 copies of any RPG released in the last 5 years (no potato).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
True. I was just (mildly) worried that 4 scoundrels would steal our glory. I already donated through kickstarter for a dijital copy and I'm planning to donate on paypal for KKKodex tonight.

Hey, there's an idea. Could we have Kodex Kool Kredits added as an ingame currency, only accepted by a small village of smelly, trolllike mutants hidden away somewhere?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm sure we'll work something out with Fargo in any case. We already have a deal. No need to worry.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Heh - the Codex statue's been mentioned on NMA, SomethingAwful, RPS and Neogaf, and at least one friendly sucker in each thread has said they wouldn't mind chipping in to see it happen. Well...not RPS, they mostly just complained about the site. But still. Nice to see.

Ah, so that's where all those new twitter followers are coming from. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom