Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex's GOTY! The best RPG of 2018?

What is the best RPG of 2018?

• Shadows: Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortal: Unchained

• Graveyard Keeper

• Death's Gambit

• Imperatum

• Moonlighter

• Smoke and Sacrifice

• Magic Scroll Tactics

• Long Gone Days

• State of Decay 2

• Phantom Doctrine

• Ash of Gods: Redemption

• Call of Cthulhu

• Aeon of Sands - The Trail

• Total voters

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Insomnia: The Ark
Ghost of a Tale

Everything else comes second.

PS: I did not play KCD...
:despair:

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Gonna hold my vote until ATOM is out. Besides, I didn't play many games on that list, but the ones I did were utter shit. And I wouldn't count BT's remaster as a 2018 release per se.

Lurking II : A Madness gets my vote, thanks for adding it to the poll.
Oh man, I had completely forgotten about this game. Thanks for bringing it back up to my attention.
How much time did it take you to beat it? Wanna tackle it, but think I might hold until I'm in my summer break to jump into if it's a game that's best enjoyed in longer sessions.

Squid

Arbiter
Well Pathfinder is getting a landslide victory. Also, good lord at the amount of butthurt and shitposting that has gone on in this thread. Is it always like this with polls here? :butthurt:

Zayne

Scholar
Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I've not finished it, cause the last act is way too boring, still, it's the best party RPG experience since Mask of the Betrayer.

I've enjoyed Kingdom Come aswell, but P:K is more of an RPG

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Pathfinder, because it is a decent game with a decent story and the devs actually seem to give a fuck about their product. Is it the bestest shit ever? No but it is the best RPG we are gonna get any time soon.
[REDACTED] expansion should maybe release in the possible future and if it does, which it probably won't but if it by chance does, will be enough to hold over to 20[COLONY SHIP RELEASE DATE GOES HERE].
15175437.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The top two games are Eastern European....
Maybe the next year i will do only EE RPG goty.....even if Greed Fall is coming.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
It was by far the worst year since the revival era begun, so it's no wonder that KCD, Glitchmaker and dumpsterfire collect all the votes. There literally isn't anything else worth mentioning.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It was by far the worst year since the revival era begun, so it's no wonder that KCD, Glitchmaker and dumpsterfire collect all the votes. There literally isn't anything else worth mentioning.
Is this really worse than 17's Torment, D:OS 2, and ELEX or 16's Tyranny and uh....

14 and 15 were great years but now we're back to normal.

Murk

Arcane
Only one game I even cared enough to play was 40k Mechanicus, which I guess you could spin as a "tacitcal jRPG" since it involves stats and unit progression, as well as some light C&C.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is this really worse than 17's Torment, D:OS 2, and ELEX or 16's Tyranny and uh....

14 and 15 were great years but now we're back to normal.
2016:
Technomancer
Grim Dawn
Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part II
The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Banner Saga 2
Darkest Dungeon

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
2017's Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar :rpgcodex:

kA3m1cp.png

xVc0Yov.png

The Golden Baby of Incline

:ibelieveincleve:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom