Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Colin McComb and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie have left inXile

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
<Edginess of a melon>

But yeah. After such a promising entry, Colin kind of fizzled out. Not gonna lie, but his work and vision for Tworment were really terrible. But still, knowing how all the bigwigs have turned out to be hacks recently, except Avellone, I guess, it was not a surprise.

What do you mean "except"? Avellone hasn't done anything good since Torment (Kotor 2 is shit and so are you if you disagree). it's obv avellone is a one hit wonder. his particular obsession with subversion worked out for him then because of the weird setting. It doesn't work in anything else and he hasn't grown as a writer since.

it's funny how much butthurt this post gathered but you all know it's true. you can't name a single game avellone has worked on with better writing or characters than the original torment. so rage impotently all you want, it's not gonna change :smug:

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
<Edginess of a melon>

But yeah. After such a promising entry, Colin kind of fizzled out. Not gonna lie, but his work and vision for Tworment were really terrible. But still, knowing how all the bigwigs have turned out to be hacks recently, except Avellone, I guess, it was not a surprise.

What do you mean "except"? Avellone hasn't done anything good since Torment (Kotor 2 is shit and so are you if you disagree). it's obv avellone is a one hit wonder. his particular obsession with subversion worked out for him then because of the weird setting. It doesn't work in anything else and he hasn't grown as a writer since.

it's funny how much butthurt this post gathered but you all know it's true. you can't name a single game avellone has worked on with better writing or characters than the original torment. so rage impotently all you want, it's not gonna change :smug:

Gave retardo for quoting yourself.

Saw bethestard and didn't read the post(s).

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Soo is it possible that MCA + McComb + Gaider + some ex-Obsidian guys joined their forces and started working on secret D&D project?

:shredder:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So they both left inXile to join the same studio at the same time?

Rats, sinking ship, all that...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah I thought Colin would end up writing kebab menus, but he fell down even lower.
durum-status.png

dürüm = rolls, durum = status :D

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd complain, but I don't think it's even possible for Larian's writing to get worse.

Just you wait lol.

With these fine two new gentlemen, Larian is now truly doomed.

Come now, this is a win-win deal for inXile and Larian. inXile loses one of its worst writers and Larian gains a hit-or-miss writer who's nevertheless much better than most of their existing staff. McComb collaborating with the Ghentish menace raises the average IQ of both companies.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
As long as Colin is just a writer it should be fine. Can't imagine that Sven would hire him as project lead after TToN bombed so hard.

Murk

Arcane
I'm not sure what type of effect Colin would have, but if it's able to bring the bizarre bipolarity of 2cute4u puns + murder-rape-golem-dungeon of D:OS2 down a notch, I think it'll be a net positive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom