Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Colin McComb and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie have left inXile

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worth noting how in the end, the only inXilers who could stand the Codex were the ex-Obsidian guys - George and Kevin.

Hell, even the ex-Codex devs (Brother None and sea) despise us now. :lol:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worth noting how in the end, the only inXilers who could stand the Codex were the ex-Obsidian guys - George and Kevin.

BN and sea probably hate us because we remind them of their past.

In Brother '14/88' None's case that involves quite a posting history...

Darkzone

Arcane

If inXile is burned down, then they will come back on their knees like the lost sons and beg for forgiveness.

Bohr

Arcane
Didn't Bester actually have history with Heine, he'd been 'corresponding' with him before about Heine's fiction or something? Edgy as the remark was, I got the impression they'd previously clashed by that point.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
But for a video game ToN gets a lot of things astonishingly right, most importantly the feeling that you visit and experience a different place and time. Most of the Meres, ToN's interactive CYOA, are outstanding. The concept is actually intriguing, that your actions in the Meres affect the reality in the game world, so that you can reshape reality retroactively, which leads to a recursive game loop that you can discover by multiple playthroughs. I wrote more about it in my review mentioned earlier.
I think they did a good job using the reading thoughts mechanic and the use of repeated questions to unlock new options in dialogue, but that's about it. There are some interesting characters here and there, but the main character and companions are completely bland and forgertable. The writing is bad, the combat is non-existent, etc.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I didn't know sea despises us, what's up with that?

Just got overwhelmed by the edginess. Sad because he was a top 10 poster in his day.

sea never used to be that bothered with the edginess, his thin skin seems to have come on about the same time he joined InXile.
Nah, he just got full of himself when he started working for inXile. He is like these new rich people that are ashamed of their origins.

Zeriel

Arcane
Not one of the Codex's finest moments. Whatever you may think of his game design skills, he runs an orphanage, and that's deserving of respect.

(And yes, Bester called him a cuck because he runs an orphanage. That's pretty edgy even by Codexian standards.)

It's also literally true if you look up the origins of the word (cuckoo birds, who get other parents to take care of their young). We as a species have decided this form of charity is good, but it's still basically a form of brood parasitism.

As pointed out, the source of this spite is really obvious. It's like how Exitium really, really hated us after he went "legit". It's not the case that we're too "extreme" for them, it's that they have a vested interest in displaying dislike of us.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The world is moving too fast this week.

The last one out please turn off the lights

hello friend

Arcane
As far as I remember, CMcC left the Codex because Bester called him 'a cuck' (nothing more, nothing less) :lol:

No, that was Adam Heine.

Not one of the Codex's finest moments. Whatever you may think of his game design skills, he runs an orphanage, and that's deserving of respect.

(And yes, Bester called him a cuck because he runs an orphanage. That's pretty edgy even by Codexian standards.)
I get the impression a lot of devs interact with the Codex as an entity, not realising that they're interacting with a collection of individuals. Running an orphanage can be a noble thing, but if all it takes to make you run off with your tail between your legs is guy calling you cuck you've got skin so thin your internal organs should be visible. Just use the ignore function, or, failing that, just write the person off as a retard and move on.

Actually, if being called a cuck upsets you that much, you ARE a cuck (in the post-2016 sense of the word).

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So, why now?

Numenera has been out for a significant amount of time. It is a labour of love, but with glaring structural flaws, just like a cellar-born son of an incest victim. There is no saving it. But Wasteland 2 was better and I had higher hopes for the next part. Why are these guys being let go at this moment? Did the studio complete some milestone?

Avellone and McComb will start their own company producing CYOAs, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did the studio complete some milestone?

So they claim: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18882#p193974

That's pretty much it right there - WL3 hit the point where writers either transitioned to other projects within the company or took the opportunity to land other gigs. Both Colin and Gavin did awesome work on WL3. For the remainder of production, we still have other writers for any pick-ups or revisions that might be needed, including WL2 narrative lead Nathan Long.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you're a wimp, then your writing's gonna be wimpy. These people need to grit their teeth and get down to business. I hope they do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom