Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Colin McComb on What's Next: A New Torment RPG?

Gozma

Arcane
Gonna make it a bigger letdown if Wasteland sucks

This is totally not what they're gonna do but if they want to keep the "City of Doors" bit I'd like a large, varied world exploration game that has a network of tons and tons of portals everywhere with a nice interface to keep track of them. Painstakingly building, portal-by-portal, the ability to move around a huge world really fast at will is a great reward for poking around, reading books and notes in the game, solving puzzles, talking to people, etc. This is always a big thing in Might and Magic games. The basic gameplay of Torment is total junk and if they stuck to Infinity Engine style "THIS IS AN RPG SO HERE'S TRASH MOBS" just for nostalgia that'd be awful.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think you could romance Fall-From-Grace, but you could tell her you loved her five minutes after you met her, which was stupid. Not as stupid as the forced Annah romance, but still pretty bad. Of the four female main characters, three were in love with you and then second one was attracted to you and you could tell her you loved her. Because if you're a walking corpse searching for your mortality, you need some love to help you along.

I guess that's subverting RPG's in a way, because most RPG's didn't have stupid stuff like that back then.
You were playing an immortal being who had a super natural presence that caused certain kinds of people to be drawn to him. Of course all the main characters you can interact with would be attracted to you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think a romance with Nordom would be pretty awesome just because it'd almost certainly be hilarious... or maybe just weird.

Either way, even though romance can have a place in certain stories, I hate how the genre is so polluted with all that crap. One of the really nice things about Drakensang is how there were banters and some NPCs that would flirt with one another and such but your party were just your adventuring buddies and friends not just your pool of potential fuck buddies to give the eternally lonely player base something to grasp onto.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom