Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Command & Conquer Remastered Collection from Petroglyph

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered

Rape neverending
DpQCog4W4AYQlez.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Meh, it will probably be a cheap ass cash grab with some graphical uplifting but all the old issues in place.

If by some sheer improbable stroke of luck they got a designer on board who could remake TD properly I would be interested. That game has the best potential for a remake from a campaign and storytelling standpoint as well as the gameplay. But EA is managed by greedy morons so fat chance.

exe

Augur
Has someone modded the Tiberium Dawn Campaign to another engine like TS or RA2 or something like that?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Has someone modded the Tiberium Dawn Campaign to another engine like TS or RA2 or something like that?

There was a TD to TS mod, I forgot what it was called but I played it well over a decade ago. And there was a TD mod for Generals and a TD mod for Total Annihilation. I do not remember if any of them actually ported over the campaign but quite frankly TD's missions were not its best point as they were just skirmish matches with a tech level limitation with some exceptions.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, remember when EA released the classic C&Cs (TibDawn, TibSun, RA1) for free on their site, only to take them down like a year or something later, iirc when they were launching Origin and put them back into sale again? Fun times.

80s Stallone

Arcane
They will remaster Generals, that's the only thing that makes sense, perhaps also Tiberium Wars. It don't think there is anything financially feasible they can do with the older titles except remaking them from scratch. But even than, those wouldn't sell enough for EA standards.

Hellraiser

Arcane
They will remaster Generals, that's the only thing that makes sense, perhaps also Tiberium Wars. It don't think there is anything financially feasible they can do with the older titles except remaking them from scratch. But even than, those wouldn't sell enough for EA standards.

Doubtful they will touch generals. TD and RA are the cash cows they want to milk. The question is how much effort they want to put into it. Just face-lifting the engine is out of the question in their case.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Beep boop boop hello people, it's me, your resident NPC.
I for one, really look forward to "Rivals" and actually pre-registered on my mobile phone so I won't accidentally miss release date.

.... 404 command not found /?>*ERROR#&$233112299%

However if you COULD bring C&C back to PC and make an ass-kicking GENERALS 2 where I can crush middle eastern terrorists again, that would be just dandy.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I would say should they link Red Alert 2,3 and Tiberium Wars to some modern online system and scrap gayspy rotting bulbous corpse then online play would be at least somehow revitalized. But i doubt EA will have a competence for that

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
https://cnc-online.net it seems that the only thing that keeps C&C community alive so far. And last tournament proved that organizing even a small tournament is a pain due to band-aid solutiong for connectivity and versions

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yay, more remakes.

Can't wait for the Red Alert remake too. Current Year Tranny Pansexual Obese Tanya of Colour dispensing social justice to the ebul nazi Soviet Putin mysogynyst Twitterbots.

And of course the entire game being a console shooter with regenerating health and achievements, which it couldn't originally be due to the technology of the time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/command-and-conquer-remastered

Command & Conquer remasters confirmed by EA
kane-cnc-580x334.png

October 31, 2018 In EA’s quarterly earnings call, the publisher confirms that the Command & Conquer team are working on new PC-focused content for the series. Woo.

Last month we received word that EA “have the ball rolling” on a possible remaster of the original Command & Conquer, with a view to release in 2020 “to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary”. Now EA has confirmed that this is going ahead.

My arms are bruised from all the pinching. Last we heard of the series which set the template for that most PC of PC genres – the RTS – it was heading to mobile with Command & Conquer: Rivals, in perhaps the most unwelcome reveal of this year’s E3.

Understandably (and predictably), a lot of PC gamers were annoyed about this, and producer Jim Vessella said EA has “heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.”

Vessella – who worked on C&C3, Red Alert 3, and Kane’s Wrath – broke the almost suspiciously good news on Reddit, in a post with the unassuming title ‘C&C update from EA’. The original C&C released in 1995, so that would make 2020 its 25th anniversary. Vessella’s mention of “the classic PC games” – plural – suggests it might come bundled with some of its successors, or that later games might get the remaster treatment too.

Now, in EA’s latest earnings call, CEO Andrew Wilson confirms that the remasters are indeed happening, at least that something is happening on the PC side. He says that, as well as mobile title Rivals, the Command & Conquer team “are working to deliver content for the franchise’s PC core.”

And “what comes next”? Dare we hope for a new numbered C&C? I mean, Tiberian Twilight wasn’t great, but it’s C&C. I’m always willing to give it a chance. That Reddit thread is popping off with comments and suggestions, of which the most upvoted is: “you gotta bring Frank Klepacki on board for music”.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom