Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Command &Conquer Tournament, pester the Pole for info

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by Dayyālu, May 3, 2019.

1. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Hail. I'm lazy. Considering that the glorious attempt of getting a new DoW tourney made by the Most Esteemed Polish Member of the Codexian Aristocracy Roxor didn't get far, and there was a suggestion of building up a RA tourney, well, I guess I can open a thread and then dump on Roxor the details of a selection method and thingies and stuffies. Because I'm lazy, you know.

https://www.openra.net/download/

First of all, we're going with the free version of OpenRed Alert. I do know that you can play the original and RA2 on CnCNet, and it's totes fun, but OpenRa is free, stable, borderline balanced, has three gameplay mods that cover the original Red Alert 1, Tiberian Dawn and a half-working Dune 2000. By itself the game is stable and well-developed, despite the devs showing some partial *typical modder* peculiarities now and then (like when some got triggered by the Hammer&Sickle icon and wanted to change it, I shit you not).

[​IMG]

Join in you fucks

Paging the former Codexian champion, Kalin

And the guy who's going run the stuff, Darth Roxor

(I love you too, Roxor)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    I'm in! Rusty as hell so I will probably fall to CUCK TACTICS, but I'll do my best. Might even try to fight sober.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    We should wait till Conan Un Conquered is released so everyone starts anew.

:troll:

^ Top  
  4. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    You fuckers should host a CS 1.6 tournament instead, clicking heads is all I can keep up with. :argh:
    I've never played C&C. My experience with RTS ends with 100h tops of Age of Empires 2 10 years ago, I'd join in but everyone else is some slav who has played this game already for 10 years.

^ Top  
  5. TZ3K Arcane

TZ3K
    Don't fret, someone has to lose and it might as well be the ones who feel they ain't worthy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I played maybe 5 games tops of OpenRA. Also, participants of last year's DoW tourney will tell you that the presence of noobs is a very positive thing :troll:

BTW does OpenRA save replays of matches?

^ Top  
  7. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Well, I'm willing to try but I have a question: Is the multiplayer peer-to-peer? If so I can't play. For whatever reason, my connection hates most P2P connections really badly. I couldn't connect to AoE2 multiplayer or Fightcade at all even if I tried fucking around with ports.
    Also, are timezones a concern?

^ Top  
  8. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    depends on the final list of participants, but last time we had a distribution from GMT+2 to -4 and it worked.

^ Top  
  9. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm in. I suck pretty badly at OpenRA though.

^ Top  
  10. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Of course. There's a spectator option and the replay files are saved in easily-accessible format. If someone explains to me how to properly manage a video commentary I can even do the RK47's of the situation, I could find commenting RA's matches amusing.

Also play on the servers, the majority of the people in open matches are bad or noobs (the game is free and easy to run with good QoL improvements, it's obvious you'll get fresh blood).

If you need to run some test matches to re-learn RA and get on the new stuff hit me, I'm not particularly good (I can beat Kalin only when he's drunk as a starter) but I know some basics.

^ Top  
  11. hoothoot Scholar Patron

hoothoot
    Cha Ching
    Shake it Baby

^ Top  
  12. hoothoot Scholar Patron

hoothoot
    We should play with minimum tech level and larp ww1

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    I'm too much of a scrub (scurb, even!) to participate, but would watch replays :salute:

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    I have the distinct impression that everyone bar a few tankies COMRADES is a scrub. Join in, it's free.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

• decline decline x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)