Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Command &Conquer Tournament, pester the Pole for info

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hail. I'm lazy. Considering that the glorious attempt of getting a new DoW tourney made by the Most Esteemed Polish Member of the Codexian Aristocracy Roxor didn't get far, and there was a suggestion of building up a RA tourney, well, I guess I can open a thread and then dump on Roxor the details of a selection method and thingies and stuffies. Because I'm lazy, you know.

https://www.openra.net/download/

First of all, we're going with the free version of OpenRed Alert. I do know that you can play the original and RA2 on CnCNet, and it's totes fun, but OpenRa is free, stable, borderline balanced, has three gameplay mods that cover the original Red Alert 1, Tiberian Dawn and a half-working Dune 2000. By itself the game is stable and well-developed, despite the devs showing some partial *typical modder* peculiarities now and then (like when some got triggered by the Hammer&Sickle icon and wanted to change it, I shit you not).

maxresdefault.jpg

Join in you fucks

Paging the former Codexian champion, Kalin

And the guy who's going run the stuff, Darth Roxor

(I love you too, Roxor)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm in! Rusty as hell so I will probably fall to CUCK TACTICS, but I'll do my best. Might even try to fight sober.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
We should wait till Conan Un Conquered is released so everyone starts anew.

:troll:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You fuckers should host a CS 1.6 tournament instead, clicking heads is all I can keep up with. :argh:
I've never played C&C. My experience with RTS ends with 100h tops of Age of Empires 2 10 years ago, I'd join in but everyone else is some slav who has played this game already for 10 years.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'd join in but everyone else is some slav who has played this game already for 10 years.

I played maybe 5 games tops of OpenRA. Also, participants of last year's DoW tourney will tell you that the presence of noobs is a very positive thing :troll:

BTW does OpenRA save replays of matches?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, I'm willing to try but I have a question: Is the multiplayer peer-to-peer? If so I can't play. For whatever reason, my connection hates most P2P connections really badly. I couldn't connect to AoE2 multiplayer or Fightcade at all even if I tried fucking around with ports.
Also, are timezones a concern?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, are timezones a concern?

depends on the final list of participants, but last time we had a distribution from GMT+2 to -4 and it worked.

Dayyālu

Arcane
BTW does OpenRA save replays of matches?

Of course. There's a spectator option and the replay files are saved in easily-accessible format. If someone explains to me how to properly manage a video commentary I can even do the RK47's of the situation, I could find commenting RA's matches amusing.

Also play on the servers, the majority of the people in open matches are bad or noobs (the game is free and easy to run with good QoL improvements, it's obvious you'll get fresh blood).

If you need to run some test matches to re-learn RA and get on the new stuff hit me, I'm not particularly good (I can beat Kalin only when he's drunk as a starter) but I know some basics.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
bLNzHPF.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom