Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company of Heroes 2 but with different settings

Viata

Arcane
Recently, I started playing this game(got free on steam) and loved it a lot. Wiki says the genre is real time strategy, which is not like the kind of game I'm used to play(Age of Empires/Mythology), so I don't know if this is really the genre of the game or if there are many kinds of "real time strategy" games.
Anyway, while I love WW 1 and 2, I'm wondering if anyone here knows more games like this, but that takes place during medieval, modern, futuristic or even space wars.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is the best one of the bunch, mechanically and graphically. It also got the most & best mods. But the game don't have any single player campaigns, just skirmish matches(or multiplayer if you are into that). Those are really fun, especially in co-op. But if you want a more classic campaign experience with a narrative you will have to get Men of War or/and Men of War: Red Tide. The rest you can ignore basically.

Then you have Soldiers: Heroes of World War II which is the first game in the series that started the whole thing. But it's a bit old now compared. It also have campaigns but the weapons used by the different factions are a bit weird. Weapons are interchanged between factions from what I remember.

Before the series transformed into Men of War as it is today, they released a game under the name Faces of War. Campaign there too, but weapons are a bit odd there too.

Anyway, fun bunch of games. One of fav RTS games.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom