Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Composed Fallout-style Ambiental soundtracks? Want to promote your song on FODD? Post here!

The Fallout's Doomsday For Darkest Hour Mod has been overdue for a expansion of its soundtrack. And let's be frank - who doesn't love some good Tribal/Industriall Ambiental? 'sides, my memory sucks big time, but I'm pretty sure this forum has a lot of quite good composers who no doubt have one or two spare songs in their folders they don't mind releasing! You never know when someone has the next "Metal Monks" sitting in their folders, one HD failure from being lost forever, like pre-war knowledge (tears of a Metal Monk). These people deserve more credit, attention and acknowledgement, and this is the best thing I could think of!

also I really need more ambiental to hear...

Simple time, I'm Set - You post the Fallout-like ambiental music you composed, we hear it, we tell you it suckzors and u ar gay cuz codexers ar mean what we think about it, if its good I include it within my Optional Soundtrack Download for FODD*, along with credits on FODD's credits section**. Also, promotes your work and allows you to gather more brofists!

Alright, lets see that incline in sound waves!
Get ready!

*Don't wanna increase the main DL's filesize, you guys know how it is...
** Note to self: Include a "Soundtrack Contributors" part so the contributors don't get lost in the big credits lines.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Angels of Despair is fine for a credit name... it's kind of my band name. A link to my soundcloud account https://soundcloud.com/angels-of-despair/ would also be appreciated.

That song is more of an..... exploring the wasteland kind of like song.

Also ANY tracks on my CD here https://soundcloud.com/angels-of-despair/sets/angels-of-despair-cd are set to the Creative Commons licence and are free for use for ANY NON COMMERCIAL use (like modders and stuff). I'm just a big supporter of the Creative Commons licence, so people like modders can feel free to use such tracks for any NON COMMERCIAL projects. Be sure to check out more Creative Commons tracks on soundcloud. There is a ton of stuff on there. Just be sure to ask the person first.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If you were following the Fallout VB thread here, you already know some of the AWESOME dark ambient guys on there.

One place I would recommend you try out is this group https://soundcloud.com/groups/naviar-laboratory

(Almost) all songs on here are downloadable and use the creative commons licence. They do a weekly project for musicians on there, and people write compositions for it. It does have a wide variety of music though, so you may have to listen to quite a few tracks. But there is some experimental and dark ambient stuff (I did a dark ambient track for it last year).

Suchy

Arcane
Some oldies from me, should fit the theme:

A new one, but unfinished.

And this one is more on the chillout side, still ambient as fuck.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
What about this, The Brazilian Slaughter?

This was composed for a personal project, but since it's on indefinite hold (like everything I do), feel free to take it if it suits the game.

Hey man, sorry for not posting feedback earlier but I'm comp-less since a few weeks ago.
Good song! I will glad to add it to FODD's soundtrack - once I have a computer and can mod, that is.
What it was originally meant for?
How should I credit you?

Hey brah, it's alright, happens to all of us.
Originally I wrote this track for a post-apoc game set on a small island somewhere around China/Japan, where people had to use all kinds of books to restart the technological progress from scratch while LARPing different cultures. This track would play in a very dark and dirty area (the Rice Fields), where chars had to roam around the area, looking for a local monarch who decided that smoking pot and fucking homeless women was more fun that ruling over the town.
Romanus Surt will do as a credit name.

I'll PM you the link tomorrow. Which format/bitrate is the most convenient for you?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Yo Zwan, I think you never sent the pm!
Huh? I think I did, but I never sent you the second version of the track (and I think the first version is superior anyway).
I can put up a extended soundtrack to remind people I have not abandoned the mod.
Do eet!

Actually you did.
Link's dead tho.

Can you send me the second version too?
No prob, gimme a few minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom