Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Conan Exiles - Funcom strikes again

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Rahdulan, Jan 28, 2016.

1. bozia2012 Arcane Patron

bozia2012
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
    Nah bro.

https://youtu.be/S0Pwg4rMav4?t=1274

2020, developed by Funcom

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Ironically a few of my best RPG experiences were with NWN modules. Obviously the jewels among the rough, but it was surprisingly easy to find them. NWVault had "Roleplaying" one of its umm "categories," and some literally had skill checks and C&C.

I didn't play much NWN2 though, just the official stuffs.

^ Top  
  3. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    is this shit any good?

• Yes Yes x 3
    • No No x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    It's not outright bad but it's a fucking grind to get anywhere, unless you play on a custom server by yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's hardly a grind. Now, WoW, that game is grindy as fuck.
    Conan is a niche game that isn't ever going main stream like fortnite or w/e.
    Some people love the game. Most people at this point are classified in two ways in CE: builder or raider (very general terms here)
    Builders tend to stick around because they invest a lot of time building up their village/stronghold/base
    Raiders float among servers looking to stir the pot of war.

A player can get to level 60 in one day or even a few hours.
    I took the long way and played the game blind and sans guidance.

There are drama queens galore but you can just ignore that shit if you want.
    Some of it gets funny as hell with vendettas etc.

Summer time has brought a slew of new players.

Combat is RT and not difficult especially with tiered thralls.

Building aspect of the game is interesting.

Survival cam be brutal and environmental accidents are a common and frequent cause of player demise.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Yeah, requiring to tear down tons of rocks and trees to build a few items isn't grindy at all... right.
    As others (and myself) said, you can adjust these requirements, but on their default values, the game is grindy as hell.

^ Top  
  7. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    On PVP servers the harvest rate is modified by 200%
    I can harvest more than 10k of a resource in less than 10 minutes.
    A structure takes like maybe 1 hour at most to assemble depending on tier and complexity.
    Small base can be built in very short time.

If that is grindy to you i don't know what to tell you. It's also fun and resources are a strategic aspect of the game.
    Meaning a trip to the brimstone quarry could be a PVP event in and of itself

Is there a survival game w/o harvesting?

I've only tried RUST and 7Days to Die as far as survival goes.
    This game is much much less grindy than something like Fallout or RPGs in general. In those you are forced as a player to proceed according to the game's design.
    100's of hours grinding stats, buffs, epics, tweaking characters each level. So actually what you are trying to assert is diametrically opposed to the reality.
    In a Conan type game I can play naked with stone weapons and tools if I want. More established players can be pillaged by a lowly newbie in some situations.
    That's not grindy. That's fun.

And my character is hotter than any of yours. :positive:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    Not all server rates are modified to 200% of the base time. If you go for the "vanilla" experience it's annoying as hell. Specialized slaves take hours to break.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    That's why I said "PVP". Reading is fundamental.

^ Top  
  10. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    bylam Do you know, why the soundtrack is only available on Spotify and no other digital store / streaming service?

^ Top  
  11. bylam Funcom Developer

bylam
    Hmmm, I don't remember what the contract with Knut was exactly. Normally though, he retains streaming and sales rights outside of the game, so it'd be on him to get the music in those places. I'll check when I am back at work.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ZeniBot Arbiter

ZeniBot
    Making this game PvP PvE Focused was a huge mistake. The potential in this game for questing is immense. Funcom are fucking retarded.
    That said I'm not minding the game that much but it has that same boring progression problem that plagues all of these Ark clones.
    An example of this type of game done right is Kenshi. Where the fuck is muh Conan game in the style of Kenshi god damn it!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)