Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

RTS Conan Unconquered - Conan RTS by Petroglyph and Funcom

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Ideally it ought to have chicks with alabaster skin and ebony hair, lithe of body with lissome limbs and all that. It is based on an REH work, after all.

• Brofist x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    A tower defense game is considered RTS now?
    Poor Conan can't catch a break lately.:negative:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Frusciante Arbiter

Frusciante
    Project: Eternity
    Describing games as They Are Billions as simple tower defence games is rather stupid. It is true that the game is about defending but it is so much deeper and more interesting than this mobile tower defence genre. It’s like comparing fallout 1/2 to turn based mobile RPG’s.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Well, the tower defense is to RTS what HOG is to point and click adventure, and hiking sims to RPGs.

The highly anticipated Next-Gen (tm).

^ Top  
  5. vota DC Arbiter

vota DC
    As long you can crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women this game can still be good.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Grokalibre Learned

Grokalibre
    What happened to Battle Royal Conan???

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    You mean Exiles? They're still trying to ape ARK and the community is largely ERP fags.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Fucker's already king, how much more Royal can you get?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    You are building tower defence in this game. Literally opposite.

^ Top  
  10. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Depends on the order of things. If the enemies are attacking because you stole their women, then it might still work out.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth

• decline decline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    So... Stronghold: Conan + extras?
    Sure, why not.

I especially like the co-op aspect. Sounds like you can have one player take care of the base, while another maybe just controls a hero and some units. Can anyone confirm? bylam ?
    Might be a way to get my GF to play some RTS with me. I got her to play something like Stellaris, but anything faster than that would hopelessly overchallenge her.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Well, it does look more promising than the lukewarm Grey Goo at this stage. But I'm still more keen on their C&C remasters.

^ Top  
  14. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Jesus Christ up in the heavens, this actually looks like a proper RTS game. In 2019? What is this madness?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    I'm pretty skeptic. It's probably more of They are Billions than Stronghold. Also, no mention of PVP just, co-op MP.

Looks a bit cartoony as well, the attack animations are a bit more Warcraft than Conan as well. Isn't Conan meant to be brutal, bloody, Snakes, Thulsa Doom, crushing your enemies, see them driven before you, and all that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    After watching the video I gone from meh "yet another RTS clone", I was expecting yet another PvP focused game with very meh single player content and after watching the video, I actually got interested, if they add mod support, it might be pretty fun, especially with co-op. I think there is a pretty good audience for a good single player focused rts, I think the traditional pvp ultra competitive style rts has a serious problem to keep audience as competition on multiplayer games pretty much exploded, this is especially true for modest budget projects like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I just realised how close "Conan Unconquered" sounds to "Command and Conquer"... :neveraskedforthis:

Anyway, game looks disgusting and it will be shit. Have fun with your tower defence.

It does not.

Also, that's what everyone said about Grey Goo back when it was announced.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Bigg Boss Prophet

Bigg Boss
    What the fuck is this shit?

Oh. Oh no. Thanks but no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    He was no defensive fighter; even in the teeth of overwhelming odds he always carried the war to the enemy.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. hoothoot Erudite Patron

hoothoot
    Why not a HoMM style game where you recruit a squad which turns into a mercenary company which turns into an army. Your adventuring buddies now leitenants and shit. Maintain morale with qt distribution and gold.

Rape and plunder. Betrayal. Single combat. Dungeons. Thief episodes. No leveling up or stats editing. Only upgrade the force of your squad/company/army as your fortune/favour increases. Exceptional characters with own agendas that can raise their own squads/etc with the possibility of working for them, them working for you or battle. Rise and fall empires or watch the rise and fall, questing on outskirts of civilization. Extremely powerful game changing items whispered in legend and coveted by all. Let an NPC reover one and ambush him after. Recover one and have it stolen from you in a tavern by living shadows sending you off into another adventure with its own twists and turns.
    Something like this is how i imagine a conan game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The premise is different. You kinda know what you expect since it's zombies and They Are Billions does it well - It's a RTS turtle wet dream basically... but Conan? I'm expecting to roam and destroy with my army, instead of sitting and waiting for low life bandits to attack my walls. Still, I welcome all RTS games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. vota DC Arbiter

vota DC
    Sounds like a battle brothers mod.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. you know what time it is Arcane

you know what time it is
    Petroglyph are getting funky with it again, not like anything worthwhile came out of it the last time, but at least they are trying I guess.

^ Top  
  25. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth

May 30th.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)