Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Conan Unconquered - Conan RTS by Petroglyph and Funcom

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope your game will have something that does not remind people that they have not played AoM for a long time.
Ideally it ought to have chicks with alabaster skin and ebony hair, lithe of body with lissome limbs and all that. It is based on an REH work, after all.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
A tower defense game is considered RTS now?
Poor Conan can't catch a break lately.:negative:

Describing games as They Are Billions as simple tower defence games is rather stupid. It is true that the game is about defending but it is so much deeper and more interesting than this mobile tower defence genre. It’s like comparing fallout 1/2 to turn based mobile RPG’s.

mondblut

Arcane
Describing games as They Are Billions as simple tower defence games is rather stupid. It is true that the game is about defending but it is so much deeper and more interesting than this mobile tower defence genre. It’s like comparing fallout 1/2 to turn based mobile RPG’s.

Well, the tower defense is to RTS what HOG is to point and click adventure, and hiking sims to RPGs.

The highly anticipated Next-Gen (tm).

vota DC

Augur
As long you can crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women this game can still be good.

Reinhardt

Arcane
As long you can crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women this game can still be good.
You are building tower defence in this game. Literally opposite.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... Stronghold: Conan + extras?
Sure, why not.

I especially like the co-op aspect. Sounds like you can have one player take care of the base, while another maybe just controls a hero and some units. Can anyone confirm? bylam ?
Might be a way to get my GF to play some RTS with me. I got her to play something like Stellaris, but anything faster than that would hopelessly overchallenge her.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ up in the heavens, this actually looks like a proper RTS game. In 2019? What is this madness?

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm pretty skeptic. It's probably more of They are Billions than Stronghold. Also, no mention of PVP just, co-op MP.

Looks a bit cartoony as well, the attack animations are a bit more Warcraft than Conan as well. Isn't Conan meant to be brutal, bloody, Snakes, Thulsa Doom, crushing your enemies, see them driven before you, and all that.

DeepOcean

Arcane
After watching the video I gone from meh "yet another RTS clone", I was expecting yet another PvP focused game with very meh single player content and after watching the video, I actually got interested, if they add mod support, it might be pretty fun, especially with co-op. I think there is a pretty good audience for a good single player focused rts, I think the traditional pvp ultra competitive style rts has a serious problem to keep audience as competition on multiplayer games pretty much exploded, this is especially true for modest budget projects like this.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I just realised how close "Conan Unconquered" sounds to "Command and Conquer"... :neveraskedforthis:

Anyway, game looks disgusting and it will be shit. Have fun with your tower defence.

this actually looks like a proper RTS game

It does not.

Also, that's what everyone said about Grey Goo back when it was announced.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Why not a HoMM style game where you recruit a squad which turns into a mercenary company which turns into an army. Your adventuring buddies now leitenants and shit. Maintain morale with qt distribution and gold.

Rape and plunder. Betrayal. Single combat. Dungeons. Thief episodes. No leveling up or stats editing. Only upgrade the force of your squad/company/army as your fortune/favour increases. Exceptional characters with own agendas that can raise their own squads/etc with the possibility of working for them, them working for you or battle. Rise and fall empires or watch the rise and fall, questing on outskirts of civilization. Extremely powerful game changing items whispered in legend and coveted by all. Let an NPC reover one and ambush him after. Recover one and have it stolen from you in a tavern by living shadows sending you off into another adventure with its own twists and turns.
Something like this is how i imagine a conan game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/05/conan-unconquered-trailer/

They Are Barbarillions

Heh.

I thought Codexers liked They Are Billions, although they might have given it more of a chance because the developer made Lords of Xulima.

The premise is different. You kinda know what you expect since it's zombies and They Are Billions does it well - It's a RTS turtle wet dream basically... but Conan? I'm expecting to roam and destroy with my army, instead of sitting and waiting for low life bandits to attack my walls. Still, I welcome all RTS games.

vota DC

Augur
Why not a HoMM style game where you recruit a squad which turns into a mercenary company which turns into an army. Your adventuring buddies now leitenants and shit. Maintain morale with qt distribution and gold.

Rape and plunder. Betrayal. Single combat. Dungeons. Thief episodes. No leveling up or stats editing. Only upgrade the force of your squad/company/army as your fortune/favour increases. Exceptional characters with own agendas that can raise their own squads/etc with the possibility of working for them, them working for you or battle. Rise and fall empires or watch the rise and fall, questing on outskirts of civilization. Extremely powerful game changing items whispered in legend and coveted by all. Let an NPC reover one and ambush him after. Recover one and have it stolen from you in a tavern by living shadows sending you off into another adventure with its own twists and turns.
Something like this is how i imagine a conan game.
Sounds like a battle brothers mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom