Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Confederate Express - what is this I don't even

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
California is the heart of everything wrong with our society.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
If someone stole I money then I would confront him about it.
True story: I once negotiated the return of stolen travelers' checks from a gypsy thief aboard a sleeper train from Avignon to Marseilles. In Spanish! And in recompense he offered me a CD he had stolen from someone else.

But to be honest, seeking out a confrontation with some shameless, litigious fraudster over $10 seems like a bad idea. "But the principle of the thing!" What principle? That I won't let someone take my money without giving him a piece of my mind? And when he responds with cheeky insouciance, what then? Am I going to challenge him to a fight? Exactly how is that supposed to work? I win and he sues, he pummels me and he sues, or we flail about like gawky middleschoolers in the sweltering desert summer? Notwithstanding my storybook encounter on the train, my life experience is that a confrontation would be frustrating and fruitless. In fact, I can't see any scenario where it ends well.

Possibly my aging lack of testosterone means that my "plane tickets!" salady days are simply behind me.

almondblight

Arcane
But to be honest, seeking out a confrontation with some shameless, litigious fraudster over $10 seems like a bad idea.

Yeah, but you could Kickstart the confrontation and people would ironically give you $15,000 for it.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
bros.0.JPG

Look at these two. They would fine a job in Hollywood in no time, having the right spirit first and foremost, and filling very well the role of the psychotic brotherly duo. Could you look even more like a compulsive kleptomaniac?

kris

Arcane
If someone stole I money then I would confront him about it.
True story: I once negotiated the return of stolen travelers' checks from a gypsy thief aboard a sleeper train from Avignon to Marseilles. In Spanish! And in recompense he offered me a CD he had stolen from someone else.

But to be honest, seeking out a confrontation with some shameless, litigious fraudster over $10 seems like a bad idea. "But the principle of the thing!" What principle? That I won't let someone take my money without giving him a piece of my mind? And when he responds with cheeky insouciance, what then? Am I going to challenge him to a fight? Exactly how is that supposed to work? I win and he sues, he pummels me and he sues, or we flail about like gawky middleschoolers in the sweltering desert summer? Notwithstanding my storybook encounter on the train, my life experience is that a confrontation would be frustrating and fruitless. In fact, I can't see any scenario where it ends well.

Possibly my aging lack of testosterone means that my "plane tickets!" salady days are simply behind me.

You don't need to really do much. Just the fact that you show up would convince most people that it is better to see that little money as a loss and get rid of you. Best if you can convincingly look rich or like someone that would fucking kill him for a gum. Maybe bring that really big friend to stand behind you.

I am not one for violence, I only once ever been in a "kind of" fight and I don't think that is the answer, you can be more insidious. ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Give me my fucking money back, or I'll sic the Harvard lacrosse team on you!"

DeepOcean

Arcane
Then I could not show up and pocket the money. :)
A kickstarter scam provokes a game developer to take action and to kickstart a duel in the middle of the street where the winner takes the money but in the end just scam the fools, don't show up and disappear with the money.:lol:That could be a good script for a comedy flick.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Eastern europeans dont even make good construction workers, they are prone to laziness and poor workmanship. Would not hire.

Why should their games be any different?

Derek Larp

Cipher
There were plenty of good eastern european games, for example Operation Flashpoint, Mafia or Stalker.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eastern europeans dont even make good construction workers, they are prone to laziness and poor workmanship. Would not hire.

Why should their games be any different?

Guess where Vault Dweller and Styg are from. :smug:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The sad thing is that I'd really like to play these games (if they ever existed) :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.businessinsider.com/airbnb-squatter-is-officially-kicked-out-2014-8

The Airbnb Squatter Has Been Officially Kicked Out Of That Palm Springs Condo

maksym-pashanin-and-denys-pashanin.jpg

Maksym Pashanin and Denys Pashanin.

Cory Tschogl's months-long ordeal with a man and his brother who rented her Palm Springs condo via Airbnb and then refused to leave is officially over.

As of Thursday, Maksym Pashanin and Denys Pashanin have been legally evicted from the apartment, Tschogl told Business Insider. We have been covering her ordeal since it first began in mid-July. In an email to us, she wrote:

I just legally reclaimed my condo down in Palm Springs, and I'm happy to report that the press's involvement helped smoke out those Airbnb squatters much sooner than expected!! A great Success!! Thanks a bunch.

Airbnb is a wildly popular way for thrifty travelers to find accommodations worldwide. It lets people rent spare rooms or homes to strangers over the internet. Beside the many great experiences among Airbnb's 15 million guests, there are times when things go wrong.

In this case, the Pashanin brothers rented a condo from Tschogl for 44 days, paying for only 30 and then refusing to leave or pay the rest of what they owed when the time came for them to vacate.

Thanks to a quirk in California law, when a someone rents a place for 30 days or longer, they can be sometimes be considered a tenant, and a homeowner must go through the full eviction process to get them out. That can sometimes take months and cost thousands of dollars.

When Tschogl first tried to get Pashanin to leave by telling him she was shutting off the utilities, he threatened to sue her. (Read the threatening texts here.)

palm-springs-airbnb-1.jpg

Cory Tschogl rents this Palm Springs condo.

Maksym Pashanin publicly acknowledged he was squatting and that he would squat again in a message on Kickstarter. He and his brother ran a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised nearly $40,000 in 2013 — a video game — but so far have yet to deliver on the product.

When angry Kickstarter backers starting writing in about the lack of progress on the video game and the squatting, Maksym Pashanin glibly replied: "Ok guys, what's the latest deets on the drama? 10/10, would squat again."

He also reportedly avoided a speedier eviction by wearing a disguise when entering and exiting the condo.

He won't be using the service to find another victim, Airbnb tells Business Insider, and neither will his brother. Using several tools, the company has "permanently banned [Pashanin] from using Airbnb."

Pashanin was found, however, to have run-ins with other California landlords with apartments rented through methods other than Airbnb. In 2009, the San Francisco courts evicted he and his brother from a San Francisco apartment after they stopped paying rent, court documents show. And in 2012, Maksym Pashanin sued his landlord for $10,000 over noise from "ongoing construction" in the backyard. The judge dismissed the case, and Pashanin moved out.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Well at least the 40k will get them by for a while and we might see another ks from them in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom