Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Confederate Express - what is this I don't even

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

Shagnak

Shagadelic
:necro:
Well, fuck, only just found out about this being a con. Thought I'd actually check up on my list of kickstarters, because a lot of them were drunken impulse backs and I have no idea where many of them are at (I've been living under a rock).

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Perhaps Putin is not so wrong after all.

What good except Krimskoye did ever come from Ukraine. Oh wait.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
my email said:
Kilobite has sent you a message about Confederate Express
What a year!

A total solar eclipse, Donald Trump becomes president, and Confederate Express is coming back from the dead like a malignant brain tumor!

To kick off this exclusive bi-centennial update, here are some tasty news for you!

doxO0a.png

We finally have something to show you guys other than a bunch of gifs and one-liners. This time, it's an exciting opportunity to experience an early version of our highly-anticipated masterpiece, Confederate Express! Complete with a revamped custom high-performance framework False2D™, 42,000 hand-drawn animation frames, and an ocean's worth of pixelated blood.

Proceed with caution, as flying chunks of zombie flesh might petrify even the strongest minds!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Development:

Confederate Express is approaching the end of its production cycle, and we are trying to polish the general core gameplay elements. To minimize redundant feedback, this early version contents have been limited to:
  • macOS build only
  • 1 playable character (Jackson)
  • 4 powerful abilities
  • 2 enemy types (Zombie + Stalker)
  • 3 playable levels
  • core mechanics: gold collection, experience accrual, interactive environment
As development continues, the game's content will expand gradually (including a Windows PC build), up until we put together a final version of the game. You can follow progress on our DevLog: https://kilobite.itch.io/conex/devlog

All proceeds collected will go directly towards development of Confederate Express, including contractor fees for our sound designer, AJ Lornie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rewards:

Every backer with a pledge of $25 $10 and higher will receive a key to Confederate Express early version available for download at kilobite.itch.io/conex. In addition, a Steam key will be provided to unlock a full version scheduled for release this January. Target platforms are macOS and Windows PC.

Our goal is to accumulate as much feedback as possible; so please do not hesitate and contact us via info@kilobite.com (no leasing agreements please)

Also, please join us at private developer's forum, exclusively at kilobite.itch.io/conex/community

And as always, thank you for your long-lasting support!! Appreciate ya!

Kilobite

Last edited by a moderator:

getter77

Augur
It sure is something when the most bizarre part of the update was that the initial early core is, of all things, macOS only.

Ride on 2017, what rules we thought to be were ultimately more like suggestions.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Hello again!

It seems there was a small mishap with a download link for Confederate Express.

We have sorted it out with itch.io admins and the file is now available for anyone with a download link. If you are a kickstarter backer with a pledge of $10 and more - you should have one already (located at the bottom of itch.io email).

Our apologies for the confusion, and thanks again for your support!

:D

I may have been dumb enough to pledge $15, but I'm never gonna click that link.

ColCol

Arcane
Wasn't this the project where the mocked backers after being caught?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yes, and also were involved in some kind of home rental scam where they used anti-eviction laws to squat in someone VRBO property.

But then there was Grimoire, so anything is possible.

That e-mail was yesterday's WTF moment. It might be that this time they will actually have something to release, but considering how things went with the Kickstarter project, I wouldn't hold my breath.

They already have my money from back then. Maybe if the game ends up being released on Steam and a couple of months pass without anyone complaining about ransomware I'll give it a try, but believing that this is not yet another scam requires too much effort from me.

passerby

Arcane
Wonder if they'll manage to milk some early access money from it. With pissed backers in the review section probably not, but who knows, I wish they'll try.

PrettyDeadman

Wonder if they'll manage to milk some early access money from it. With pissed backers in the review section probably not, but who knows, I wish they'll try.
I beliefe Keys not bought from steam do not count towards game overall review scores ...

passerby

Arcane
I beliefe Keys not bought from steam do not count towards game overall review scores ...

How about someone describing their con operation history in a review and people bumping the review on the top spot ?
Would they manage to take it down by claiming harassment ? Should be entertaining.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Confederate Express Windows PC build is finally here!

This preview version 0.7.3 is limited to:
- 2 enemies (Zombie + Stalker)
- 3 replayable levels
- 4 powerful abilities

Thank you for your patience! We are eagerly awaiting for your feedback.

Your personalized download link is at the bottom of this email.
Enjoy!

200_s.gif

Windows preview is out. I'd consider installing it in a VM, but I can't be arsed. Maybe when I'm on vacation.

Leitz

Learned
There should be a thread where people can tell each other how much money they wasted on kickstarter games that went nowhere.

Zombra

Patron
Update #11

Sep 7 2017

A Personal message to our backers

Dear friends! We are here to make amends.

We have made many mistakes, and not communicating with you guys was the biggest one. A total dick move! What were we thinking?? Overwhelmed and frustrated, our poor judgement got the best of us.

You must know that we kept a kindling fire of our project going. This entire time we were putting the game together - albeit slowly, but steadily - constantly learning and improving during the process. The game is very close to being finished, and we are working extra hard to deliver the best we can. There is an early build available for you to check out - it's located at kilobite.itch.io/conex - and you should have a personal free key sent to you by itch.io this week. Please take a look and let us know what you think! And everyone is welcome to chime in at our special backer forum kilobite.itch.io/conex/community

We understand that this might come as too late for some of you... but all we ask is if you could find it in your heart to forgive us. We are eternally grateful for your support!

Dennis & Max
Zombra said:

almondblight

Arcane
How they're now trying to frame the squatting:

What about the Squattergate?

Yes, we ran out of money to pay rent in 2014.

We ran out of money to pay rent. Not leaving was definitely a mistake - however it is not illegal at all, quite the opposite actually.

But it wasn't that they were renting an apartment and suddenly ran out of rent money. They rented someone's condo on Air BnB for 44 days, and then refused to move out when the time was up.

Oh, and the KS update they just sent out was #11 - here's update #10, from 3 years ago (July 20, 2014):

Finally, when ConEx concept surfaced on Kickstarter, I have been contacted by a small investor group that was very excited about my new pixel art engine tech, and with their own project (Knuckle Club) nearing completion, they saw an opportunity to become the first game with per-texel pixel art post-processing technology (what a tongue-twister, haha).

That was when the investors presented me with an offer to purchase Kilobite and hire me as a their full-time employee; but the biggest concern for them was Knuckle Club becoming the first game with pixel art post-processing tech. That's where an offer for extra funding of my personal project (Confederate Express) and the non-compete clause restrictions came from.

A lot happened since; Kilobite is now employing a lot people from my collected portfolio on a full-time basis. They have also split my engine tech into a different brand (False2D API), and are currently planning to release it as an SDK toolset for Unity.

P.S.: the next update on Confederate Express is coming up next week, please stay tuned!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom