Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
and that UI is out of date

I know. I just made that mockup to see if the old UI goes well with the new style.
And it does

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
  • Grasshopper
[Roll] under skill#

Anytime you are on a grass tile, you can roll this action to blend in and be invisible if standing still, identical to the system if you are in shadow and standing still (which is like the Thief system). This can be be done in any lighting, making you a Predator and/or Commando that can stalk your enemies like a badass.
Sounds a little silly, depending on how it works. I hope the grass animation gets further iterations.
Perhaps the challenge mod on the 3d8 skill roll will take into account enemy LOS and how illuminated the location is. Whalenought_Joe ?

You roll to toggle into the 'hide' state regardless of any other NPCs or Players nearby, though if someone is within view already they can't hide. Similar to the state of being in shadow, it makes a player/NPC invisible if standing still unless someone gets within 5 tiles away. The player character tiles under them get a purple outline to signify they are hiding, which makes it a bit more obvious, I don't think we showed that off yet.

So that's a mechanic just based off Thief, and it works pretty well for hunting NPCs, but what we can do for grass or other hazards you can hide in is increase that distance someone would have to be from you to detect you, or modify it based it off their Observation Virtue. That might muddy up the boolean state of just being in shadow as long as someone doesn't bump into you, that's certainly a cozy state to be in right now, but there could be some nuance there. It would certainyl help the player detect hidden NPCs. We'll bring it up in the alpha-feedback questions.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Where the fuck is the alpha demo?
Do you mean a new alpha demo? I tihught the first alpha was released some months ago. A better question is when will be the beta released.

I just hope they're both ok. :(
Wait, do they live near the zone affected by Florence?

No Geno, so far no Alpha demo was released to backers. It was first announced for February this year, then Aug 25th so we are waiting.

On the storm:

Where is Florence now?
As of 1 a.m. EST, Florence was 45 miles east of Wilmington, North Carolina – which figures to take the brunt of the hurricane’s punch – according to the weather service.

When and where will it make landfall?
Soon, and likely near the North Carolina-South Carolina border. From there, Florence will make an inland crawl, dumping a deluge of rain that the weather service has said “will produce catastrophic flash flooding and prolonged significant river flooding.”

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

is interesting but i am not fan of the artstyle honestly

Ninjerk

Arcane
Do you mean a new alpha demo? I tihught the first alpha was released some months ago. A better question is when will be the beta released.

I just hope they're both ok. :(
Wait, do they live near the zone affected by Florence?
In Seattle which has apparently gotten a good deal of smoke from the fires in.... California? Somewhere out there.

gaussgunner

Arcane

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In Seattle which has apparently gotten a good deal of smoke from the fires in.... California? Somewhere out there.
And Oregon, yeah. I'm in Portland, couple hundred miles from Seattle. Smoke has been an issue but not immediately life-threatening. I heard that at one point being outside was the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes every hour, something like that.

Ninjerk

Arcane

It was released already. It was quite short though. Have you checked Steam? Should be in there.

On Steam there is a short video (20 secs) which finished with a statement "backer alpha coming soon. Check back for details. *click here to exit*".
So no. No Alpha was released so far.

It’s labeled as alpha, no?
Just as a regular game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom