Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Depends on what we are talking about. Already https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Tsiolkovsky was talking about brain in jars, but I was talking about context - human btains, used for building up supercomputer. In that book "Tree of Life" I referenced to, it was done by clearly fascist alien race. While book have many action (in both senses) and nude breasts, it's mostly a musings and social furutistic prognosis between the lines about technocracy, and return to a feodalism on high tech level, which sadly was too precise.

Misc.
Just looked into English version of article, and it's just laughable an bogus as usual.
You can compare it yourself with this machine translated entry to Russian article.

Konstantin Eduardovich Tsiolkovsky (Rus. doref. Konstantin Eduardovich Tsiolkovsky; 5 [17] September 1857, Izhevsk, Ryazan province, Russian Empire — September 19, 1935, Kaluga, RSFSR, USSR) — Russian and Soviet self-taught scientist and inventor, school teacher. The founder of theoretical cosmonautics[6]. He justified the use of missiles for space flights, came to the conclusion that it was necessary to use "rocket trains" — prototypes of multi-stage missiles. The main scientific works are related to Aeronautics, rocket dynamics and cosmonautics[7].

A representative of Russian cosmism, a member of the Russian society of world lovers. Author of sci-Fi works, supporter and promoter of the ideas of space exploration. Tsiolkovsky proposed to populate outer space using orbital stations, put forward the idea of a space Elevator, hovercraft trains. Believed that the development of life on one of the planets of the Universe will reach such power and perfection that it will allow to overcome the forces of gravity and spread life through the Universe.

Sure, "Along with the French Robert Esnault-Pelterie, the German-Romanian Hermann Oberth and the American Robert H. Goddard" :lol:

Last edited:

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I guess it's a love or hate thing with the art style. For me it's absolute impossible to look at it for more than 3 seconds, I just cannot stand it at all. The colors, the shadows, the style, it just hurts my eyes. Sorry for saying that because the devs seem cool and the game itself interesting.

frajaq

Erudite
My fucking god that looks horrible, what the fuck happened, I could swear this game was like some low-poly 3D that was clunky but charming at some point

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
ANGERY ABOUT ART STYLE!

Dx3gl3-CU8-AAZVdi-jpg-large.png

Saduj

Arcane
The best looking version of the game was posted on Page 5 in this thread in February 2016. The graphics weren't good by modern standards but you could tell what you were looking at. In the latest screenshot, everything is ill-defined save the over sized shopping carts.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ball is Copper Dreams' art direction. Let's hope it won't inevitably end up in endless pit of decline. But, hey there's next Kickstarter, next game, next ball!

Mustawd

The best looking version of the game was posted on Page 5 in this thread in February 2016. The graphics weren't good by modern standards but you could tell what you were looking at. In the latest screenshot, everything is ill-defined save the over sized shopping carts.

Eww wtf? No the best version was defintely a few pages back. The kickstarter art was garbage.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Saw the thread was updated, expected an art style change & accompanying complaints, thread delivered.

Yup.
Staglands was flawed but it put these devs on the radar.
Copper Dreams looked promising in the kickstarter phase.
I hoped to play it in 2017 or 18.
Now it's just a hipster trainwreck I watch for laughs.

Black Angel

Arcane

vs.
Dx3gl3CU8AAZVdi.jpg:large

If you ask me, I think the latter's artstyle is fine. The lighting, shading, and those shadows are pretty retarded, though.

If they can, however, I'd like to keep the overall style shown in the video, but keep the most recent style for the UI. Obviously, tone down the UI and adjust it until its looks matches well with the older style.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I like it to look as much as possible as a comic book, that is only chance it can sell more than their last game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Previous art style was 3D , PS1 style, no problem with me but it wont get them many sales indeed on steam. Now that comic style can appeal to a larger steam mass market crowd, while not alienating anyone, it's clearly for the best.Tbh that's really impressive aesthetics.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I like it to look as much as possible as a comic book, that is only chance it can sell more than their last game.
Thanks for efficiently pointing out how much comic(allly) new art style looks, so that I don't have

I swear, they change their art style more often then your average thot her latest 'bf'. They really lack focus

Whalenought_Joe have you tried meditation or temporal conversion to Buddhism? Could really help you and more importantly your game ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom