Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
Copper Dreams preview will be on February 25th as well the start of some posts talking about the ruleset being used for it, which we talked about a bit here. We're also on shaneplays again on the 27th to chat about that and the SitS expansion as well! sstacks looking forward to it!

Mustawd

Agree, I can't wait that long. Oh well, I'll just freeze myself until then..

roshan

Arcane
I've been dying to share some screenshots of the technical preview.... :troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Copper Dreams preview will be on February 25th as well the start of some posts talking about the ruleset being used for it, which we talked about a bit here. We're also on shaneplays again on the 27th to chat about that and the SitS expansion as well! sstacks looking forward to it!

http://whalenoughtstudios.com/the-candle-burns/

The Candle Burns
On February 25th we are happy to finally unveil our Copper Dreams preview. At that time we will also be starting a series of posts detailing the ruleset and world mechanics we’ve made that will be used for the game as well as the future Vol campaigns, which to help house their similarities amongst very different campaigns we’ve decided to name as The Burning Candle ruleset.

Mechanics are designed from aspects of pen and paper we enjoy and thought would synchronize well into various systems that only a computer format can execute on: environmental combat simulations and the use of time on a global and micro level. Time is the focus on a lot of elements, and branches into many of the mechanics we’ll be going over.

It’s a primarily d8 ruleset that is specifically focused on the adventure part of roleplaying, with an importance on resting and downtime and the repercussions that has throughout. As you progress characters there is less throwing larger and larger piles of dice at opponents and more emphasis on strategic use of items and positioning in an ever dangerous combat mode.

The ruleset encompassed everything from dice rolls, challenge rolls, environmental uses, interactive items, combat, and player management of systems to the implications of the global clock. We’re excited to start sharing more on the 25th with our first topic!

Cheers,
Whalenought

ArchAngel

Arcane
Future Vol campaigns :(

I was hoping to see some fixes for their current Vol campaign with upcoming expansion.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm extremely excited to see what Whalenought has been working on. I loved Serpent in the Staglands despite the few flaws and have nothing but optimism for their next outing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://whalenoughtstudios.com/copper-dreams-preview-video/

We’re very excited to share a preview video for Copper Dreams showcasing some setting and gameplay details! While this used our tech demonstration assets you can get a glimpse at where we’re headed in that brave new world of 3d, as well as some mechanics.

We have another post in the works detailing the Health and Resting system which enables a lot of the systems happening in the game, and is the foundation of the Burning Candle ruleset. We also will be having some news for the Serpent in the Stagehands expansion, so stay tuned for that.

Cheers!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Although I didn't understand most of what was going on I did like it :D :D

Athelas

Arcane
The vertical level design on display with characters vaulting through open windows looks very cool. Not sure what's up with the Hollywood trailer voice and Inception boom though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The vertical level design on display with characters vaulting through open windows looks very cool. Not sure what's up with the Hollywood trailer voice and Inception boom though.
To bring in people to their upcoming Kickstarter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom