Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it has come full circle, visually...

Black Angel

Arcane
Posted on Kickstarter, 3 days ago.

......but Hannah and I weren't completely happy with some of the visuals and gameplay from what we've release before, and we strive to be 100% happy with things. We've just recently caught up with necessary changes though, and injected a lot more clarity, grunge and Escape from New York into the visuals;.....
:negative:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
They are trying to create a meme game.

"It doesn't have good mechanics, it doesn't have a good story ... but it has 99 artstyles!"

I'm fine with that.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Stop it guys! You will scare them off!
I want to talk with Joe, want to give "Friendly" smail to Hannah, and your chatting make it less and less possible.

Joe! Hannah! Come out, wherever you are!

As you take damage, your perception of the world changes and so too does the art direction.

It's a very popular mockery for wonnaby devs in Russian gamedev, typically sounds like "and if your character lost his eye, half of the screen turns black" ahaha.

cb.spike

Educated
copper.png

Ninjerk

Arcane
Did they just push an update? I started up steam and got a 24MB download, but I'm not sure if it's just something that's been queued for awhile or what.

EDIT: Nevermind, just that still that's posted above, but moving.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:what:

Copper Dreams Beta Now Available!
Beta v 1

How to get your key:
If you already have an account using your Kickstarter email address:

1. Login to your account here: http://whalenoughtstudios.com/your-account/
2. Click on “Purchases & Rewards” on the left sidebar
3. Click on most recent "Downloads & Keys" link

If you do not already have an account that is using your Kickstarter email address:

1. Go to this page: whalenoughtstudios.com/cms/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword
2. Type in your Kickstarter email address
3. Check that email address for a link to set a password
4. Login as prompted or here: http://whalenoughtstudios.com/cms/wp-login.php
5. Go to your account page: http://whalenoughtstudios.com/your-account/
6. Click on “Purchases & Rewards” on the left sidebar
7. Click on most recent "Downloads & Keys" link

Sorry about the delay — Hannah and I weren’t 100% happy with some of the feelings and visuals that we were going to release with the beta, and we’ve been busy fine tuning all those elements. We’re finally catching up! The Steam build has been now updated with these assets and tech that we've worked on since the alpha. We’ve implemented some lovely sprites based on what we’ve been working on with the SitS expansion, and they’ve brought a lot of clarity to the PC and NPCs in the game, especially with positions and limb highlighting/damage. Map visuals adjusted to match, as well as LOS and lighting from the alpha. More notable changes below, as well as additions.

We’re starting the beta with modified versions and connections of some of the first maps in the game from Block 8. We’ll be putting in the start of the game proper shortly, but in the meantime all skills are available for testing. There are two medical stations available, and to test combat and skills the goal is to wipe out all the thugs street-side.

Primary changes:

Mechanics:

Holding shift while aiming prompts precise aim options.
Space bar jumps towards mouse direction.

Keys: W,A,S — menu controls:

W — moves action selection up
S — moves action select down
A — approved selected action

If the PC is in half-cover you can press D (or [CVR] prompt that appears) to toggle cover shot mode. This will probably be changed to something more intuitive and faster (continuously running into wall/cvr point until automatically in cover shot mode)

After attacking, you can continue to hold down to repeatedly attack as soon as you’re done recovering.

Skills:

All Skills primarily abilities available, more to come through beta:

Biohack: Psi-attack any enemies in visual to distort your image to make it appear as if there are duplicates shimmering around you — they’ll attack one of these at random. If an NPC uses this, the player cannot precise aim any of the targets, and they are all indistinguishable from the real target.

Burglary: Currently you can lockpick doors and chests so you don’t need keycards or to destroy them.

Social: All previous social skills available: i.e. can convince enemies to leave or neutral NPCs to follow.

Chemistry: with vials and chemicals, you can combine to make various types of chemical bombs via the chemistry menu.

Hacking: Can try to hack computers, with various difficulties resulting in more or less passwords you can guess during a hack, each being a new roll for pass/fail. Too many fails lock you out.

Can also build drones with enough drone parts and a given weapon for it to use.

Systems:

Lighting and movement more fluid — lighting is based off any floors given vertex light, instead of tile light. These are (roughly) evenly distributed, update-able in realtime with taking out lights or using flashlights/muzzle flashes, and are more engaging to interact with. This tech was previously the hatch-lines in the alpha, and has been altered to be the main lighting operations. This has been smoothed out with a nice dither instead for better clarity, as the hatches were a bit difficult to read for the main lighting.

Cybernetics: A few charges are available to distribute as you want in limb slots on top right — the PC starts with some cybernetics attached, which can be switched out or modified later, as well as how much power and mental stability they can afford to power them. More details to come.

Virtues: All the stats from these were overhauled from alpha to now be designated by various advantage and disadvantages chosen at character creation and during level-ups. We’ll be finishing up the character and creation screen (and item/action descriptions) in a coming update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom