Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They planned this at corona time so most people will be at home and have time enough to give this a try.
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Original style is best style. I wonder if their "It's Moebius now" detour was nipped in the bud when every other indie dev suddenly started being "inspired by Moebius"

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the, uhh "beta". It's different from the alpha to say the least. I need to be as transparent and honest with yuo guys as I can. I beat it, but I'm still in a stage of
d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a629221aba00d9efdcfef5efd84.jpg

I don't even know if this was turn-based, phase based or real-time. Menus in the game are freaking everywhere. It's blurry and uninformative. I did put a box on my head. I did batter the guards to death, which left a bloody trail after I walked on their corpses. It was basically: fight a few dudes in the warehouse. The End. I'm really confused and I actually don't know what to think. I have more questions than I had when I started the thing.

A68653AD5AFA73BEBC1A61E6A0FC92300F5AD22C

AC52951D722FBFEC3A4F2D5FF55413EEA3F81E10

2E203D062343F9B2AB4086A8E9AF38089779D8FB

A71886E34465E360017F81DE2C53F8669EEBA75E

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's phase based. I had to check up on this mindfuckery. But it's still the least intuitive game I have played. It tells you nothing. I'd like to think that I am not a complete moron. Some aptitudes can't be picked. Advantages and disadvantages can't be picked. To be honest. There's not even enough there to even bother learning what everything does. I'm anticipating what they come up with. I played around for a minute or two. You can climb stuff and you can go into stealth. There was a computer, but I don't think that you can hack it. Oh, you can stomp bugs. Very important to note.

822F10FB8ADD7917BA3BF46FDA90B656AF4CE13B

DBBF256BAFF1C24C51CC8E3F0C37862122E1BF63

Ninjerk

Arcane
Does anyone know how long twitch typically takes to make VODs available? I just played through the beta. It's...something (and I'm probably one of the least critical backers here).

EDIT: Nevermind, you have to enable them first. Maybe I'll shoot again tomorrow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone know how long twitch typically takes to make VODs available? I just played through the beta. It's...something (and I'm probably one of the least critical backers here).

They're supposedly to instantly show up while the video is streaming. Unless the streamer has configured his channel not to save them.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Anyways, this iteration is worse in nearly every way than the last version I played (the muddy green acid trip where you have two characters to control and the mousewheel advances the little tick/microturns). It looks and feels a bit like Star Ocean with the ugly, grainy sprites and real time movement. The character sheet wasn't working properly (although I'm less concerned about that than the quality of the sprites). The gameworld itself and the LoS system was visually interesting enough (moreso than the iteration I referenced previously).

Ninjerk

Arcane
Actually the little cartoon intro was OK, but I'm more fussed about seeing the mechanics and being able to actually stomach the visuals at this point.

Saduj

Arcane
So they landed on "similar to original art style but with much worse graphics"? Interesting.

Also, in before thread derail because a couple of tards who were never going to play the game anyway get wind of "racist" being listed as a "disadvantage".

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Game looked best right in the beginning so they've just been wasting time on pointless jiggabagook. Should've spent it perfecting Staglands.

PEACH

Arbiter
Nice to know they spent years on new art only to regress back to a much shittier version of the initial style

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
From WOW! to oww! in less than a minute. Must be a record! All these years, effort, all the promises, mechanics, possibilities, artstyles ... all of that jerked away, all of that from back then, now is nothing.. .

When's funeral for this dream?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom