Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Ninjerk

Arcane

Bugs n shiet

buffalo bill

Arcane
WTF happened?! The previous iteration looked both cool and playable, and this looks like unplayable garbage shovelware. Maybe Joe and Hannah split up, and half the assets are now gone? Btw, do people have nostalgia for box-stacking puzzles? Of all of the now-lost features of old games, box-stacking puzzles are one thing I'd be happy to remain in the trash bin of history.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I can't shake the bad notion that wellbeing of game, all the changes it went through and current abysmal state are all metaphor for Joe & Hanna marriage. Maybe making this game was part of their couple counseling. Maybe Hanna was asked by Joe too many times "what you think, honey?". Don't know about them but I'm filing for divorce of my hype from this game

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I mean just look at the goddamn UI! From one of the most beautiful, innovative and functional to buggy excel sheet dropped in mud. What.The.Fuck happened, Joe?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This trainwreck is headed to Underworld Ascendant. If I knew, I'd never buy a ticket for this ride. God, make me wrong!

Ninjerk

Arcane
WTF happened?! The previous iteration looked both cool and playable, and this looks like unplayable garbage shovelware. Maybe Joe and Hannah split up, and half the assets are now gone? Btw, do people have nostalgia for box-stacking puzzles? Of all of the now-lost features of old games, box-stacking puzzles are one thing I'd be happy to remain in the trash bin of history.
I mean, that black box could be nothing but my imagination, but all the box-climbing I did there makes me wonder if there isn't some kind of Chekhov's gun of gaming--if you're not going to use it, don't put it in?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Ninjerk what's backers feedback so far and Joe's response? Is it more silence?
Uh, I never look at the Kickstarter website (hence why I forgot that I backed Beautiful Desolation until about a year ago and then didn't realize it was released until today). I think they have forums, but I'll give the kickstarter part a gander.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't see much activity on their forums for the beta and it looks like there have been no comments in Kickstarter in the last 8 days. I really haven't paid close attention to this, but I'm unaware of any backer-only discussion areas.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Nothing new posted at Kickstarter, nothing new on their official twitter. Twitter is silent since november. Never saw Backer's Beta released with less, you know...confetti. Do they even care?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Hannah and Joe or the backers?
Both. I have feeling both backers and dev couple grew bored of this game, doubt backers would even ask for refunds after four years. Only Codex still cares
For my part I haven't really checked in on it. SitS was simple, but elegant and convinced me that they could deliver some really unusual and rewarding experiences. I still believe that and I generally don't worry about all the different updates (although i know I did express some skepticism about the first shocking art change). Right now we're just looking at rough edges, and I believe that it could still be a great game, BUT I can't help but look at a lot of what was done before and wonder how many models have been rigged and animated in various ways that we won't see in the final product...only to be replaced by that... thing.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Did they say they will improve upon beta, change/polish UI, add more mechanics, areas, features etc? They were until today on my list of Incline Deliverers

They should have used early access, they wouldn't have changed art style then every time they got high or drunk. Also they'd probably be living in their old house

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know. I literally have only kept up with this game by following this thread. All the art style changes seemed to me to have some interesting possibilities within them (I really didn't like the 3D models with the droopy shoulders like I saw in the one alpha build I played as well as the wino screenshots from earlier in the thread), and this one at least has some interest in the environment art.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see much activity on their forums for the beta and it looks like there have been no comments in Kickstarter in the last 8 days. I really haven't payed close attention to this, but I'm unaware of any backer-only discussion areas.
I think their whole website may be a (beta+ level) backer-only area. I backed at the basic level, but when I try to log in to their site, my email address is unrecognized.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't see much activity on their forums for the beta and it looks like there have been no comments in Kickstarter in the last 8 days. I really haven't payed close attention to this, but I'm unaware of any backer-only discussion areas.
I think their whole website may be a (beta+ level) backer-only area. I backed at the basic level, but when I try to log in to their site, my email address is unrecognized.
Maybe. I have a couple saved logins for Wordpress, but I can't tell what websites they're actually for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom