Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crookz - The Big Heist

Aenra

Found no thread for this,so.. :)

Game Description:

It’s the 1970’s: the era of Funk, flared jeans and disco-fueled Saturday nights. A crack team of expert thieves turn Grand Larceny into an art-form by using their many talents to break into the richest homes and steal the finest jewelry - all to finance their hedonistic lifestyles. That is until a lucrative museum heist in Venice involving a famous jewel known as ‘The Green Tiger’ ends in betrayal and the team broken apart. Five years later the remaining gang members reunite with a plot for revenge against their traitorous former comrade – but naturally, their plan will also make them rich beyond their wildest dreams…

Crookz is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s with a slick and groovy atmosphere. Show off the art of thieving by plotting stylish heists and robberies; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection. Implement a successful strategy by assembling and kitting out your team before the job and planning the best way in.

Features:

• Diverse and thrilling Single player campaign
  • 18 extensive missions set in a colorful and stylish 70’s setting
  • Customize your gang of thieves choosing from a variety playable characters. The powerful bruiser makes a good hatchet man, while the lockpicker is responsible for the finishing touches.
  • Kit out your team with all manner of elaborate tools: like camera jammers, chloroform or explosive charges
  • Test your skills under tough conditions in Challenge Mode by unlocking new heists and competing for the ultimate highscore against other players.
  • Unique gameplay mixes quick-thinking with in-depth strategy

http://crookz-game.com/us/index.php

http://af.gog.com/game/crookz_the_big_heist?as=1649904300
(standard 29,99 €)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/310490/
(on sale for 16,99 €)

Obligatory screenies:

Crookz_Screenshot_May_04.jpg

ss_800a2075beddea25f376c9a6436b744b92e1c825.1920x1080.jpg

Kalypso's gameplay vid:

Picked it up yesterday, so no impressions thus far (and judging by my schedule, no impressions anytime soon either), seemed interesting enough to me. If anyone gets to give it a whirl, do let us know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemming42

Arcane
:necro:

This game definitely flew under the radar, I only stumbled across it while not removing things from inventory last night. Thought I'd bring people's attention to it anyway because it's quite good. I'm only a few missions in but it's decent fun so far, you spend most of the time in pause mode planning people's waypoints and go codes and shit like Rainbow Six, and it has a similar satisfying finish when your plan finally actually works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom