Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crowfall

JamesGoblin

Literate
Interesting.

The comic is somewhat simplified - flying will likely be "just" the major option. The other one might require friends nearby + brand new corpse in someone's backpack (it's like a piece of gear, not cheap and of various qualities) + present necromancers + some additional reagents or money, something like that. Expensive and depending on circumstances.

JamesGoblin

Literate
It depends - do you have a guild or group, do they have keep / fort or any kind of shelter to retreat to, what is your primary role there, are they winning or losing the Campaign etc.

That is, if one tries to play alone, he might be dying often enough to just quit the game.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
so turns out you can play as a hamster in this one, and burrow and

so i'm definitely playing this

grimace

Arcane
Crowfall - Duelist Powers & FX video looks great to me. The comments on the video are brutal.

grimace

Arcane
The comments on the video are brutal.

lol, just read them
people are weird, who wouldn't love playing as a hamster?
a hamster with a PISTOL! and a little rapier. and a hat!

Thought it was a digging gopher who can "stealth" by tunneling. Anyway, I thought it was great.

minnesota-gophers-hoops.png

grimace

Arcane
gopher, hamster, it's all good

You'll have a blast playing our newest archetype, the Guinecean Duelist. Whether he's whipping his rapier through the air or burrowing himself underground, he's a ton of fun in a pint-sized package.

Guess it's a Guinea Pig?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
maybe, but he also has an ability called "gopher broke" (hahahaha, puns, the highest form of humor), so who knows

JamesGoblin

Literate
It's Van Helsing guinea pig ( *cough). Here's how it looks in action:

...and this is general alpha preview, still bare bones but better. Skip first 100 seconds - that's where he uses ancient 2015 footage to explain the game to his subscribers:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
A stealth character in a pvp mmo means 80% of the population will be made of guinea pigs.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
All jokes aside though, the Duelist in its current form is a completely broken character concept. You have fast moving stealth, which even when detected is just a small pile of dirt in the grass, powerful ranged attacks with a stun, instant disengage, and super small, hard to hit, body frame. Doesn't seem like they thought this one through.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I really liked Shadowbane. I just saw their skill system. I really thought this game was going to have significant character development, but it seemed very lite on the preview. Three passives? And just selectable skills?

I hope I'm missing something. Was that just a small part of the whole, or is that the sum of the system?

grimace

Arcane
I really liked Shadowbane. I just saw their skill system. I really thought this game was going to have significant character development, but it seemed very lite on the preview. Three passives? And just selectable skills?

I hope I'm missing something. Was that just a small part of the whole, or is that the sum of the system?

I'm not following Crowfall closely enough.

Can we pull in a dev to answer our questions here?

JamesGoblin

Literate
I have hard time even just putting "little" and Crowfall character customization in the same sentence o,O

hivemind

>like all clases showcased in the video have a movement ability

lmao nice design

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I have hard time even just putting "little" and Crowfall character customization in the same sentence o,O

Why is that? Are you going to keep it a secret or explain why?

In other words, don't worry about that. You've either read something wrong, or saw just a minor piece of the puzzle.

Are you trying to be mysterious or can you link to an article explaining what you are claiming or a fourm post, anything?

JamesGoblin

Literate
Are you trying to be mysterious or can you link to an article explaining what you are claiming or a fourm post, anything?

it's well known, if you don't trust me just wait and you'll see for yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom