Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGs based on or inspired by OD&D

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
...and similar offshoots/clones but excluding AD&D/modern D&D stuff.

I was reading about OD&D and its more recent clones (like Swords & Wizardry), which made me wonder which CRPGs were based on them (instead of AD&D, be it because they were made before AD&D or because the developers liked OD&D more). The first official (A)D&D game might be Pool of Radiance (i'm ignoring this since it doesn't seem to be RPG related), but games based on D&D unofficially were made long before that. However searching on Google didn't find me much information (i mostly find results about official games - all of which are AD&D - or about P&P games and clones). The only reference i could find was about the original Rogue (but i'm not sure how true that is).

This will probably be very old games and most likely the rules will be very vaguely implemented (see Rogue mention above), but i'm curious anyway and couldn't find a similar thread here either :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom