Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Deus Vult censored out from a medieval game and their respective forum thread about it is already locked. Another game made an Epic store exclusive. What a shitshow.

Even if they cut out an iconic phrase it will only invigorate trolls to meme another one. How about "Expelling the Jewry" for instance?. Completely asinine approach. People like that would censor out swastikas on Buddhist monuments.

Mortmal

Arcane
"Update – Henrik Fåhraeus offered this comment: “I feel like this issue has been miscommunicated thus far. We have not specifically considered which terms are used in the game apart from making sense in the historical context. The team will decide how any text fits or does not fit into CK3 in a way that feels appropriate."

Now they are retropedaling like mad, sudden realization the alt right and fascists are their customers too maybe :)

Aemar

Arcane
The next EU will come without the highly problematic colonialism. Decolonize EU.
I think that may be the reason we're not getting a Vicky 3. Maybe instead of removing the colonization mechanics they chose just not to make the game.

What to do as a progressive developer whose every IP has highly "problematic" content?

Rome - Slavery
CK - Crusades, Christianity being (mechanically) superior to (unreformed) pagan religions
EU - Colonialism
Vic - Colonialism
HoI - don't even start

They are woke but trying not to go broke.
These cucks have basically started to dig their own grave as a developing studio. Hopefully the company that will buy their IPs once they go broke will not repeat their mistakes.

Black

Arcane
"Update – Henrik Fåhraeus offered this comment: “I feel like this issue has been miscommunicated thus far. We have not specifically considered which terms are used in the game apart from making sense in the historical context. The team will decide how any text fits or does not fit into CK3 in a way that feels appropriate."

Now they are retropedaling like mad, sudden realization the alt right and fascists are their customers too maybe :)
You mean alt-right and fascists would buy games that let them shape Europe as they see fit?
This makes too much sense, it can't be right.

Last edited:

Dux

Arcane
"the tip of the iceberg..."

Indeed. The RMS Paradox is out on deep waters now, friends. Pandering to those who couldn't give a shit less for their new game while alienating the existing fanbase, with atrocious graphics to boot. Things are about to get interesting, methinks.

Mortmal

Arcane
It doesn't take a fucking fascist to stand for historical accuracy instead of retarded censorship.
No but in this day and age it seems it's the case. lets have a drink gentlemen and another round of deus vult for everyone!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL and the grand censor woke up and saw the thread...

gN4mMJR.png

What a cuck,he could have waited to become the 300th post. looooooser

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Honestly, I can't wait for Sweden to go Shia in few years and become valid target for Holy War to both Christians and Sunni

Also I'm all for Allahu Akbar to be shouted on start of every Jihad. We want history not wokestory, Deus Akbar!
I swear people of all religions and not-religions collectively roll eyes at SJWs by now. Bored western middle class needs plane tickets to Syria

Drop SJWs instead of bombs on Middle East. Deus Vult so!

If you are offered a job at PDS QA, do not take it. The people of PDS QA are talented, friendly and hardworking. However, they are poorly treated and very badly paid, even when just compared to wages at PDS. They are overworked, with most doing the workload of two people. Their reports and quality verdicts are regularly ignored (ever wondered why most products launch with major issues? this is why). On top of all that, they are regularly disrespected, lied to and blamed for problems. When any of these issues are pointed out to anyone higher up, QA are told that actually all the problems are caused by their “attitude" or “toxicity".

I worked at Paradox for several years, being constantly praised for my excellent caliber of work and for how much of a wonderful cultural fit I was, and yet this never translated into compensation. I worked on the top-grossing, highest priority project in the studio, and there were only 13 developers working on it when I quit.

13 whole developers on the highest-earning (by far) game, in a studio that employs over 350. What do those other employees do? The majority of Paradox's employees are in Publishing, where wages are across the board an order of magnitude higher and work consists mainly of sitting in on meetings (where they decide on how to squeeze the lowest-paid devs even harder, evidently).

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

You mean alt-right and fascist would buy games that let them shape Europe as they see fit?
This makes too much sense, it can't be right.
To be Paradox is truly suffering.

The Eternal Swedes, they want to be woke, they want to virtue signal, they want to work their QA proletariat to death like any self-respecting communist ought to do, but their userbase is majority white, male and somewhere right of Mao (and thus Nazis by default).

Living within the borders of the Humanitarian Superpower doesn't come cheap, especially if you want to stay away from the enriching multicultural hordes.

What to do, what to do?

mbv123

Arbiter
Worse graphics and art than CK2
Probably barebones feature wise judging from Imperator: Rome and the new "streamlined" gameplay.
Already cucked with SJW faggotry despite the fact that you're making a game set in a period where acting like a faggot could get your testicles ripped off with hot pliers.
To whom does this appeal to? Like, what's the target base? It clearly aren't the CK2 playerbase because 99% of them are neckbeard autists who want to DEUS VULT to the Holy Land.
Can't wait when it fucking bombs.

Irata

Scholar
Game was also announced on the xbox YouTube channel, so yes... This ui and this "make the game more accessible" shit are paradoxs attempt at entering the console market.

Has any previously PC only strategy series gone on to do well on consoles?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is dumb :lol:

If anything making meme phrase like Deus Vult as a "hate word" is something that alt-right would want. Admitting that it, like fucking pepe, is just anything but a meme will make alt-right giddy happily because it justifies their muh left crybaby narratives.

And considering Paradox games, people will mod it back anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom